View Single Post
Old 06-09-2004, 12:58 AM   #8
Bran
Sports Virtuoso

Bran is on a distinguished road

Why are there even threads about this...?

Without a doubt Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time. Kobe Bryant is very talented, and has the best potential to reach MJ's status....but he's not there yet, and he's not close either.

Personally, pound for pound, i don't think anybody will be able to match Jordan's career. The all around dominance, what he did for the game, the dynasty that he built....the list goes on.

I think it's important to remember how Kobe played when he first broke into the league. He took bad shots, wasn't as skilled as he is today and definitely wasn't as mature. When Michael came in, he was an impact player right away. He never rode the bench.

Both players have God given ability on the basketball court, but Michael's resume is a lot more stacked.

We have to be honest too, despite how good Kobe really is...the reason why the Lakers have won and become dominate is because of Shaquille O'Neal. He's been the backbone, he receives the double teams, and he's the one who always get's the attention which leaves Kobe open.

With that said, we'll see if Kobe stay's in L.A...if he wants to continue to win, he'll stay. If he doesn't want to win, he'll leave. I think he'll stay, but it remains to be seen.

But compared to MJ, it's not close.
Bran is offline   Reply With Quote