View Single Post
Old 06-09-2004, 01:40 AM   #13
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

I like debates about players but I also don't want to diss someones favorite player.....

So without trying to tear anyones game down, I'll just say this comparison is unfair to Kobe. There is no one who's close enough to be compared to MJ. Maybe down the road that statement may need to be ammended but not at this time...

& one more thing to Enoch about using Salley's comments as proof....

If he says you can't say MJ was a better defender cuz nowadays you can't put an elbow on a player, reverse that & say Bryant has a free ride on offense. MJ would have guys hanging on him, hooking him, holding onto his jersey etc.

MJ was a superior ball handler, especially in traffic (where he was most of every game) & was known as AIR for exactly that reason. & if anyone wants to see a 1 on 5, check out the playoff game with the vaunted Celtics when he dropped 63 on 'em. & this was with the Celtics knowing all they had to do was stop MJ.

Besides that, the Celts lineup didn't have the likes of a Rip Hamilton, Ben Wallace, Rashheed Wallace, etc. Those were Hall of Famers & top flight defenders & he did the majority of those points in their face, not against 1 defender out at the 3 point line...