View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #48
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
I believe that your cynical view of government in general doesn't allow to recognize the differences between parties. They are both bad, so it doesn't matter.

Well it does matter. As I pointed out on another thread, people do better under progressive/liberal/democratic leadership.

Those same people you are talking about live better lives when we elect the lesser of two evils.

So all of your intellectual indifference is fine for this message board, but when it comes down to actually improving the lives of people in the gutter, your vote does nothing.

I do recognize the plight of the disadvantaged, that's why I spend time helping them. I don't have any money, but I give what I do have to certain charities.

I'm not trying to make this an argument of how "good" I am, that's not the point.

I vote Democrat because it helps people. If you can't understand that then I'm sorry. But don't tell me that I don't understand the plight of the disadvantaged. I've never lived it myself, but I see it regularly.

I can't hope to change you mind on any of this. You're older than me and lived a different life. All I can ask is that you understand my reasoning.
Those same people you are talking about live better lives when we elect the lesser of two evils.

Sorry CK but the fact you can type this is so utterly offensive it's pathetic.

I believe that your cynical view of government in general doesn't allow to recognize the differences between parties.

If your government tried murdering you...and people you loved (and succeeded in)...like it did to me...you'd think otherwise yourself...perhaps. The fact that maybe I'm ONLY "cynical" should be a good thing then.

Well it does matter. As I pointed out on another thread, people do better under progressive/liberal/democratic leadership.

And this stops the bullets flying?

So all of your intellectual indifference is fine for this message board, but when it comes down to actually improving the lives of people in the gutter, your vote does nothing.

I don't put the bullets in the guns for 'em. It's the best I can do. My "intellectual indifference" tells me for everytime a smart politician brings down his solutions with 5 college degrees little to nothing changed on the ground. Sorry, I was there on the ground.

I do recognize the plight of the disadvantaged, that's why I spend time helping them. I don't have any money, but I give what I do have to certain charities.

You have money. Let's not make a federal case out of it but don't tell me that. I don't care anyway.

Giving to charities is fine. Have you thought it out? Do you think it's right? Is this the best way to do something?

But don't tell me that I don't understand the plight of the disadvantaged. I've never lived it myself, but I see it regularly.

You see it regularly and approach it from an ethnocentric place that allows you to leave it as needs be.

I can't hope to change you mind on any of this. You're older than me and lived a different life. All I can ask is that you understand my reasoning.

I understand it. But the problem is this CK:

Under the current setup in our government/society/economic structure people like you (young, white, formally educated, privileged - there's nothing wrong with being privileged CK...don't get offended) are going to have to be the ones who understand these issues and break them down.

Answer yourself this: if people far smarter and better off than you have failed....what have they done wrong?

Last edited by buckeyefan78; 08-29-2008 at 02:08 PM.
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote