|08-31-2004, 12:16 AM||#1|
Where am I?
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Boston, MA
College Football Pick'em Contest Week Two
Thursday, September 2 :
Texas A&M at Utah, 7:30 PM ET
Saturday, September 4:
Northern Illinois at Maryland, 6:00 PM ET
Oregon State at LSU, 6:00 PM ET
Tulane at Mississippi St., 6:00 PM ET
Colorado State at Colorado, 8:00 PM ET
Toledo at Minnesota, 9:00 PM ET
Sunday, September 5
Syracuse at Purdue, 1:30 PM ET
Kentucky at Louisville, 3:30 PM ET
Monday, September 6
Pittsburgh at South Florida, 4:30 PM ET
Florida State at Miami, 8:00 PM ET (total score combined)
Standings: Available next week. Stay Tuned!
For Everyone: Welcome to another year of SCMBís College Football Pick Ďem game. First, some accounting.
1. Because Iím using the ESPN/SI/CBS schedules for picking games, Iíll use their designation of the week weíre in as the week weíre picking. SoÖ Week 2, but no one missed anything in Week 1. There were only three Division I-A teams playing in Week 1, anyway. But, that doesnít mean every game on the list is televised, by the way. Thatís just where I find lists I can read.
2. Everyone is welcome to give their picks. Simply select the team from the 10 featured games above whom you think will win and list them in your post. For the specified game (the tiebreaker), you must post the total combined score of the game in addition to the winning team. Good luck!
3. Each week, I will do my level best to get the games for the following week posted no later than Tuesday, 9pm. Iím going to slide on that, Iím sure, at least once. If thereís nothing posted by Wednesday morning, start berating me all over the forum.
4. An exciting new twist! Okay. Not that exciting, but a twist, as long as we get enough cooperation. Iíd like for you, the pickers, to send me requests. Just PM me your requests for the following week, with these three provisos:
1. PM me only THREE games youíd like to see in the list for the following week, preferably all at once.
2. Requests need to be sent by the end of the day on Monday.
3. I wonít honor all requests, obviously. But, if the same game is requested a number of times, it could unseat the obvious tie-breaker game. My intention right now is to only use one of those requested games in the selected games, but anything could happen.
4. Please, keep your requests in Division I. I will not do pick Ďems for Division II and Division III. Sorry.
5. For the more obscure requests, give a reason. It could score points. Iím imminently swayable where this is concerned. Itís a game, and itís for you guys and gal(s), soÖ
5. Be sure to try to get your picks in by the time the first game on the list starts. Late entries cannot be honored. If youíre not in the Eastern time zone, adjust your submission times accordingly.
6. Donít forget to supply points for the tie-breaker!!
7. I will attempt, as the first post, to comment on each game, in case youíre wondering how it made the cut.
First game kicks off at 7.30 ET on Thursday !! Good luck.
mountaineerdave on twitter
mountaineerdavem on AIM
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|