Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Packers 12 92.31%
Giants 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2008, 05:10 PM   #16
Persian Prince
Rookie Player

Persian Prince is on a distinguished road

The Packers win 23-20.
Persian Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:45 AM   #17
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persian Prince View Post
The Packers win 23-20.

Which means that the Packers won't cover if you're right.

And welcome to Sports Central - we always appreciate it when new talent signs up!
One of our political parties doesn't know the difference between non-sectarianism and secularism, while the other doesn't know the difference between individualism and selfishness. And you have to ask why there are so many independents?
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:08 AM   #18
deavobadger
All-Star Player

deavobadger is on a distinguished road

It's about -15 degrees right now in Wisconsin, it's soooo cold. I hope I'm not cursing the Pack, but I see no way the Giants can win in this.

It's so cold, your lungs freeze when you try to breathe.

I'm not even sure if I'd go if I had tickets.

It's THAT cold.
deavobadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:25 PM   #19
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Giants 24 Packers 13.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:11 PM   #20
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

I doubt the extreme weather will be an advantage or disadvantage one way or the other as most players will tell you that you never get used to playing in temperatures that extreme.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:29 PM   #21
themush
Banned

I agree doublee -5 is cold even if you're a freaking polar bear.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:50 PM   #22
777bandman
Sports Enthusiast

777bandman is on a distinguished road
Default Packers win

I really was not that impressed with the Giant's win last week. The Cowboys lost the game more than New York won it. The Giants secondary looked depleted and the middle of the field was wide open. Brett Favre should be able to find his receivers in the middle and this will open up the field for cut back runner Ryan Grant.
Green Bay 31, New York 17

http://sportsnationblog.blogspot.com/
777bandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:34 PM   #23
themush
Banned

It's so cold there Terry, Howie, and Jimmy can barely complete their sentences. Focking funny as hell.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:39 PM   #24
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

I know... they all look misrable! Pretty funny stuff
Old 01-21-2008, 10:30 AM   #25
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Who would have thought that of the 4 QBs in this weekends game Eli would have been the one not to throw an INT?

Am I the only one who thought the officiating in this game to be on the inconsistent side yesterday? It just seemed like there were a few plays where the officials let someone get away with a blatant push or hold and then there were a couple of other times that they nitpicked on a couple of the calls hey made.

I'll never understand why the Pack continued to leave Al Harris out there against Plaxico without giving him any help. I would have thought they would have given him some safety help after Burress put up 90 yards in the first half.

I'll also never understand why the Pack completely abandoned the run. Granted Grant was not doing much but neither was the passing game. The Packers managed just 48 yards after he half and were thoroughly dominated in the second half of that game. If the Giants do a better job of hanging onto the ball, not drop some very catchable passes, and execute better on special teams they win that game comfortably yesterday.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:04 PM   #26
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

I'm really disapointed in the Pack for this one. They replay the game out here so I watched it again today, and I gotta but most of the blame on the coaching staff. Dblee hit it - why they did not help out Harris after he kept getting burt is beyond me? Also, the playcalling was horrible IMO.
I put the blame on McCarthy and his staff.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:00 PM   #27
deavobadger
All-Star Player

deavobadger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha View Post
I'm really disapointed in the Pack for this one. They replay the game out here so I watched it again today, and I gotta but most of the blame on the coaching staff. Dblee hit it - why they did not help out Harris after he kept getting burt is beyond me? Also, the playcalling was horrible IMO.
I put the blame on McCarthy and his staff.
Gotta agree. Ran way too many check-downs and screens and not enough slants, hitches and crossing routes. Kind of have to blame Favre, too. He had his worst playoff game since the "4th and 23" game.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:27 AM   #28
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Well I guess you could blame Favre because of the INT in OT. That was a bad pass and that cost them the game.
But I like to think that had they not had such horrid play calling they would not even be in that position. Packers should of won this game easy IMO.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:32 PM   #29
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

What can I say ... I was/am devastated. Coaches should have given Harris help. I am puzzled why they couldn't get the running game going. The Packers had chances to win this and didn't capitalize, so in that way, they have themselves to blame.

Nothing hurts more for a fan and team to get within an overtime of the Super Bowl and to have your dreams slashed by a field goal. So close ... and now we have to start all over at training camp. How depressing is that?!
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:02 AM   #30
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Losing in the Super Bowl hurts a lot more - especially since it takes away your hopes for next season as well, courtesy of the dreaded Super Bowl Runner-Up Jinx.

The only plausible threat to the Packers winning the NFC North again in 2008 is if the Bears get their hands on some kind of quarterback - and I don't see how they can, with nothing available in free agency this spring and both Matt Ryan and Brian Brohm figuring to be long gone by the time their turn in the draft comes up.
One of our political parties doesn't know the difference between non-sectarianism and secularism, while the other doesn't know the difference between individualism and selfishness. And you have to ask why there are so many independents?
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote