|07-05-2013, 04:32 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2013
Top 10 botched idioms...
10. Cardsharp, not Card shark Exception: Corrugated hammerhead.
9. Shoo-in, not Shoe-in Exception: Attending a Buckeye home game.
8. Palm off, not Pawn off Exception: Old guitar as collateral.
7. Milquetoast, not Milk toast Exception: Clumsy at breakfast.
6. Free rein, not Free reign Exception: Dominated by liberty.
5. Bated breath, not Baited breath Exception: Gone fishing, forgot lunch.
4. Toe the line, not Tow the line Exception: Gone fishing, motor not working.
3. Moot point, not Mute point Exception: An aphasiac giving directions.
2. Whet your appetite, not Wet your appetite Exception: Aqueous hankering.
1. Guerrilla warfare, not Gorilla warfare Exception: Primate exhibit rebellion.
Last edited by AngryAphid; 07-05-2013 at 05:22 PM.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Best Prospects, by Position||catman||Major League Baseball||1||02-27-2009 12:13 PM|
|Mustard belt comes back home to USA||Dano||The Lounge||24||07-05-2007 11:27 PM|
|Bama's Top 10 Pro Football Rankings Week 13||bama4256||National Football League||5||12-07-2006 11:42 AM|
|New Top 10||dhav8706||College Football||11||10-02-2003 10:47 PM|
|Top 10 current NFL players||I OWN THIS||National Football League||59||07-21-2003 04:13 PM|