Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Colts 9 90.00%
Chargers 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2008, 10:13 PM   #1
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough
Default Colts vs. Chargers Thread

How could the defending Super Bowl champs fly under the radar? Leave it to the 16-0 Patriots and everyone seems to have forgotten about Indy. The Chargers struggled early, but heated up with L.T. leading the league in rushing again. Will the Colts take care of business? Who ya got?
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:51 PM   #2
davematthews3
Fast Food Brother #3

davematthews3 is on a distinguished road

Colts BIG.
Ty:I'm not quite sure where they are
davematthews3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:08 AM   #3
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by davematthews3 View Post
Colts BIG.

I highly doubt that; the Chargers have played very well, for the longest time, in domes in general, and at Indy's dome in particular (more about that when I post my official picks tonight or early tomorrow), plus LT should have, at the very least, a decent outing against the Colts' mediocre run defense.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:20 AM   #4
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Colts BIG.... this is the only LOCK this weekend. San Diego doesn't stand a chance.
They barely got by Tenn!!??? You think they will be able to keep up with Manning?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:36 AM   #5
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

How can you say "barely got by" when they not only won the game but covered a 9-point spread as well?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:42 AM   #6
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Dude... they were SHUT OUT the whole first half!!! If you cannot score on Tenn for 2 quarters then you got some serious issues. Tenn turns those FG into TD's and doesn't fumble with in the 10 yard line like they did its 21-0 at the half...

Come on man... it was the Titans!! That game should have been 38-3 San Diego.

See what happens if San Diego gets shut out again (the first half) at the RCA dome... game over!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #7
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha View Post
Colts BIG.... this is the only LOCK this weekend. San Diego doesn't stand a chance.
They barely got by Tenn!!??? You think they will be able to keep up with Manning?
You do know that Peyton threw six picks in a loss to the Chargers earlier this season right?

I still think the Colts will win mostly because it is in Indy and Gates is not going to play for the Colts.

But, the Chargers did beat the Colts earlier this year and Peyton did have a clunker of a game so I don't know that it is a lock that the Colts will roll the Chargers.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:53 AM   #8
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Yeah, and the most clutch kicker in NFL history missed a game winner....
If anybody thinks this is going to happen again then you gotta be nuts!!

I'm not sure what else to say... I think Colts win big and if they don't I'll eat crow
Old 01-10-2008, 06:24 PM   #9
deavobadger
All-Star Player

deavobadger is on a distinguished road

Also, the Colts were ravaged by injuries at the time of their last game. Every break went the Chargers way and they still only won by a missed FG. Chargers won't be so lucky this time, Manning won't be so awful. Colts in a lock.
deavobadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:39 AM   #10
Montrovant
Hatecarver

Montrovant is on a distinguished road

With the Colts fairly healthy and the way SD just barely took out a weak, beat-up Titans team, I expect the Colts to win pretty easily. Especially with Gates hurt, I don't think SD can keep up.
Montrovant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:33 AM   #11
boston_aloha
FFB #2

I hope I am dead wrong... but I think the Colts win this one big. Shut down LT and make Rivers try to beat you.... he can't. Its that simple.

Last edited by boston_aloha; 01-13-2008 at 05:21 PM.
boston_aloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:13 PM   #12
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Chargers are really getting jobbed on a lot of calls. Where was the hold before the half on that INT return? That was huge!!
Old 01-13-2008, 05:21 PM   #13
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Well... my so-called LOCK of the weekend sure was a bust!!

But hey... when you're right 51% of the time you're wrong 49%.... so its not my fault!

This was the best thing that could have happened as a New England fan!! So I'll gladly eat crow!

Phillip Rivers is such a punk... you see him jawing with the Indy crowd after the game? You stay "classy" San Diego...

Last edited by boston_aloha; 01-13-2008 at 05:28 PM.
boston_aloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:34 PM   #14
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Rivers did have a good game but, as they say "act like you've been there before".
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:43 PM   #15
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Call me crazy then...

I guess the decision to run Marty out of town was not such a bad one huh? He has the Chargers into the AFC Championship Game for the first time since Bobby Ross was there.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote