Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Cowboys 8 72.73%
Giants 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2008, 10:09 AM   #31
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobynosker View Post
And at least Eli Manning will finally get bragging rights over Peyton for a year...
Not really. Until he gets that nice shiny hunk of jewelry on his hand Peyton will always have bragging rights over Eli.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:11 AM   #32
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

tobynosker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee
Not really. Until he gets that nice shiny hunk of jewelry on his hand Peyton will always have bragging rights over Eli.
It was a poorly made joke.
tobynosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:45 PM   #33
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Toby your joke about TO tying to win the NH primary was great :lol:

Sorry to Dallas fans for the loss... and sorry that most of the country is happy for this loss and even more happy to see it "hurt" TO.

I know Coach J is a huge Dallas fan so this must suck for him.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:56 PM   #34
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

I think TO just needs a hug. :lol:

I like Mike Greenberg's response this morning after they played the TO clip on the Mike&Mike Show saying that somewhere Jeff Garcia and Donovan McNabb just suffered a stroke.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:53 PM   #35
coachJ
All-Star Player

coachJ is on a distinguished road

The WR couldnt catch a damn cold. I still have no idea what the hell Romo was thinking or trying to do on the last play. Whoever he tried to throw it to was locked down in coverage AND double covered at that, it was a huge mistake for that ball to be thrown.

Also, they kept taking shots at the endzone at the end of the game, when youre facing 2nd and 11 and 3rd and 11, why dont you try to pick up the first down and get out of bounds to try to give yourself more plays instead of trying to go for the TD every play?

Everybody wants to say Jason Garrett is one of the best head coaching candidates available, but his playcalling today proved to me that hes not ready yet. Sure, it wouldnt take much for somebody to come into Dallas and make this offense look spectacular, hell look at all the playmakers you have. But Garrett made the biggest mistake of this game, and didnt stick with Marion Barber running the ball in the second half. Barber dominates in the first half and gets over 100 yards rushing, and he hardly gets the ball in the second, thats inexcusable.

Poorly played, and coached, game all the way around for the Cowboys. They deserved to lose this one.
coachJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:04 PM   #36
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachJ View Post
The WR couldnt catch a damn cold. I still have no idea what the hell Romo was thinking or trying to do on the last play. Whoever he tried to throw it to was locked down in coverage AND double covered at that, it was a huge mistake for that ball to be thrown.
I think it was Terry Glenn and I think he threw it because it was 4th down and nothing else was open so he just took a gamble and hoped he could get lucky and force it in there.

Quote:
Also, they kept taking shots at the endzone at the end of the game, when youre facing 2nd and 11 and 3rd and 11, why dont you try to pick up the first down and get out of bounds to try to give yourself more plays instead of trying to go for the TD every play?
I didn't get it either especially when the Giants were starting to tee off on Romo in the 4th quarter. The o-line seemed to be gassed and unable to stop the Giants' pass rush and seemed like Witten was always coming open underneath. It seemed like every time Romo threw to him there was nobody covering him.

Quote:
Everybody wants to say Jason Garrett is one of the best head coaching candidates available, but his playcalling today proved to me that hes not ready yet. Sure, it wouldnt take much for somebody to come into Dallas and make this offense look spectacular, hell look at all the playmakers you have. But Garrett made the biggest mistake of this game, and didnt stick with Marion Barber running the ball in the second half. Barber dominates in the first half and gets over 100 yards rushing, and he hardly gets the ball in the second, thats inexcusable.
They did the same thing in the 4-point loss to Philly. They ran the ball 14 times which is pretty unheard of in a 10-6 loss when your QB is chucking the ball all over the field. It did not make sense to go away from Barber when he just shredded the Giants in the first half. On top of that the Cowboys line is not particularly adept at protecting the QB and are much better at run blocking.

Quote:
Poorly played, and coached, game all the way around for the Cowboys. They deserved to lose this one.
Get used to it as long as Wade Phillips is around. His teams typically crash and burn like this in the playoffs.

Last edited by Marc; 01-17-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:30 PM   #37
philabramoff
Exiled Packerfan in SoCal

philabramoff is on a distinguished road

Mark Belling gave an interesting analysis of this whole situation.

He asks the question as to why Wade Phillips and the Dallas
organization allowed Tony and Jessica, and a bunch of his teammates
to go down to Cabo during their "bye week" as it were. It all seemed
like Dallas, with their swagger, figured that they were the big shots
who could take this game lightly, go off and have the big vacation,
and just walk in, and walk on to the Super Bowl...because they are
"the Cowboys" for crying out loud.

Tom Coughlin, on the other hand, approached this game like a
freakin' Nazi, and wouldn't let his players even fart the wrong way.
He put together an effective game plan, took it very seriously,
and went out and physically beat Dallas in this game.

TO was right, to the extent that it was a team loss, and not just
on Romo. In fact, if you look at the number of the dropped passes,
the Dallas defensive collapse at the end of the first half, and their
inability to win it on the final series, TO has all the evidence he
needs to make his point.

Dallas worked all year long to secure this Number 1 seed in the NFC
only to pee it away in one game. I see Jerry Jones kicking some
major a$$ in the offseason. Wade Phillips could be out.
philabramoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:40 PM   #38
deavobadger
All-Star Player

deavobadger is on a distinguished road

I agree. The Cowboys lost to a team that has no right to be in the NFC Championship Game. The Cowboys were clearly the better team the whole game and just didn't take advantage.
deavobadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:01 PM   #39
trayhezy
All-Star Player

trayhezy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublee View Post

Get used to it as long as Wade Phillips is around. His teams typically crash and burn like this in the playoffs.

Which leads me to suggest that TO and some other fools owe an apology to one Bill Parcells.

To have the audacity to suggest that the reason that this team was so much better was because of the coaching is stupid.

To compare a guy who has NEVER won a playoff game to a guy to two rings and a resume to die for is completely idiotic.
until I'm Tiger dead

Last edited by Marc; 01-17-2008 at 06:15 PM.
trayhezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:06 PM   #40
trayhezy
All-Star Player

trayhezy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deavobadger View Post
I agree. The Cowboys lost to a team that has no right to be in the NFC Championship Game. The Cowboys were clearly the better team the whole game and just didn't take advantage.
I completely disagree with this. The Giants were the better team simply because they won. I don't believe in the idea that a team being the better team after losing.

Dallas may have been better in the first half but it is a 4 quarter game. In the second half the Giants played better on special teams, especially in the return game, they hit Romo more than he has been hit in quite some time, and they took care of the ball on offense.

I heard some say Dallas folded, but I say that the Giants made them fold.
until I'm Tiger dead
trayhezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:15 PM   #41
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayhezy View Post
Which leads me to suggest that TO and some other fools owe an apology to one Bill Parcells.

To have the audacity to suggest that the reason that this team was so much better was because of the coaching is stupid.

To compare a guy who has NEVER won a playoff game to a guy to two rings and a resume to die for is completely idiotic.
That is the thing about Phillips. He has a rep of being a "player's coach" and as such goes light on the players and is the anti-Parcells. I cannot help but wonder if he ran a more physical camp then maybe his lineman would not have been gassed in the second half of that game yesterday.