Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 11-02-2005, 08:17 PM   #1
The Executioner
All-Star Player

The Executioner is on a distinguished road
Default Bengal Guy Imitates the KING!!! vs. Packers!

This was on of the great moments of my life. me and a group of freinds flip on the Bengals-Pack game. Bret Farve and the Pack are down 7 with one minute to go, no timeouts on their own 5 yard line. Farve is looking to make another career statement magical drive. He's one of the few guys in sports that can just abosoulutly be crazy in crunch time, him, MJ, gretzgey, Larry Bird, maybe Barry Bonds. but anyway first play he rolls out and throws a bomb to the 50, defensive pass interfeence, 48 yard penalty (college rule is much better imo) Than, Farve drops back and throws, hits a packers hands, floats in the sky motion less for a 2nd, and than a 2nd packer comes out of nowwhere and catches it. Next play with about 36 seconds left or so I believe. Farve drops back.... I saw in the corner of my eye some guy jumping from the stands and spinting, the timing was so unbelivable... the refs try to whistle it dead but Farve is still dropping. The Bengal fan takes the ball from Farve and Farve looks around in disbelif, than the bengal fan is kicking his legs out infront of him like the BK guy, pointing to the crowd whering an orange bengal shirt. One announcer was comical and said "its the king" while the other said "he'll be going stragiht to jail"

Watching this live was so great, b/c The packers seemed to have so much momentum but THE ACTUAL 12TH MAN STOPPED IT! Excellent, much props goes to this man where ever he is.

bring on the Trojans, Longhorns too!
The Executioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 08:24 PM   #2
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Executioner
Farve is looking to make another career statement magical drive. He's one of the few guys in sports that can just abosoulutly be crazy in crunch time, him, MJ, gretzgey, Larry Bird, maybe Barry Bonds.

1st off, that guy was a stiff for interferring w/ the game. If your Bengals need help from an idiot to beat up the already beat up Packers, then good luck come Dec/Jan.

2nd, how is Barry Bonds on your "crunch time list"? How is he even a "maybe" for that matter... What has Bonds ever done in MLB when they needed him??? Lets not forget a game 6 of the World Series when the Giants were up 5 runs late in the game and blew that lead and the Championship.. where was Mr. Crunch-Time then?
I can agree w/ MJ, The Great 1, and Bird... but Bonds??? Come on, I could name 20 other guys off the top of my head - prob starting with David Ortiz & Derek Jeter.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:24 PM   #3
blackdogsong
Hall of Famer

blackdogsong is on a distinguished road

you know it's time to hang it up when everyone around is going down w/ injury and fans are stealing the ball out of your very hands during a live play.

Bonds needs to win a World Series before you call him a "crunch" guy...

Last edited by blackdogsong; 11-02-2005 at 11:26 PM.
blackdogsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 08:30 PM   #4
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

FINALLY... s'thing BDS and I agree on....
Old 11-02-2005, 08:54 PM   #5
The Executioner
All-Star Player

The Executioner is on a distinguished road

yeah.. good point. what was i thinking. Papi seems to be much more clutch. I mean you know hes going to hit won when the red sox need it.

bring on the Trojans, Longhorns too!
The Executioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:39 PM   #6
NY Jay 05
East Coaster

NY Jay 05 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Executioner
This was on of the great moments of my life. me and a group of freinds flip on the Bengals-Pack game. Bret Farve and the Pack are down 7 with one minute to go, no timeouts on their own 5 yard line. Farve is looking to make another career statement magical drive. He's one of the few guys in sports that can just abosoulutly be crazy in crunch time, him, MJ, gretzgey, Larry Bird, maybe Barry Bonds. but anyway first play he rolls out and throws a bomb to the 50, defensive pass interfeence, 48 yard penalty (college rule is much better imo) Than, Farve drops back and throws, hits a packers hands, floats in the sky motion less for a 2nd, and than a 2nd packer comes out of nowwhere and catches it. Next play with about 36 seconds left or so I believe. Farve drops back.... I saw in the corner of my eye some guy jumping from the stands and spinting, the timing was so unbelivable... the refs try to whistle it dead but Farve is still dropping. The Bengal fan takes the ball from Farve and Farve looks around in disbelif, than the bengal fan is kicking his legs out infront of him like the BK guy, pointing to the crowd whering an orange bengal shirt. One announcer was comical and said "its the king" while the other said "he'll be going stragiht to jail"

Watching this live was so great, b/c The packers seemed to have so much momentum but THE ACTUAL 12TH MAN STOPPED IT! Excellent, much props goes to this man where ever he is.
Much props? The man made himself look like a jacka** and messed up a potential scoring drive for the Packers. I bet you wouldn't be too happy if you were a GB fan.

2005 NFL Pick 'Em Champion
NY Jay 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:08 PM   #7
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

That idiot should have his legged chopped off. I certainly didn't find it amusing as it quite honestly cost us the game. Secondly, would you be laughing if he had a knife or weapon?

And if you want to be taken seriously, learn how to spell. The man is a Hall of Famer and living legend. It's BRETT FAVRE.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:36 PM   #8
boston_aloha
FFB #2

Nuff said bout that jacka$$. It really was a shame and ruined the game. I'm no Pack fan or Bengal fan for that matter, but a DIE HARD NFL fan, and that boob ruined what could have been a comeback drive and possible OT. Hope that clown is never allowed into another Bengals game - banned for life!
Old 11-05-2005, 06:56 AM   #9
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

This incident has sparked calls for a 15-yard penalty to be assessed against the home team in circumstances like this. It should be interesting to see whether or not the owners vote on this next spring.
One of our political parties doesn't know the difference between non-sectarianism and secularism, while the other doesn't know the difference between individualism and selfishness. And you have to ask why there are so many independents?
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 07:21 PM   #10
boston_aloha
FFB #2

That is an interesting rule... fans would definitely think twice about that. How did you find out about that? Can you post a link?
Old 11-05-2005, 08:19 PM   #11
blackdogsong
Hall of Famer

blackdogsong is on a distinguished road

that doesn't address the real issue: how about security that works instead of a silly rule that isn't the home teams fault?
blackdogsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 08:21 AM   #12
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_aloha
That is an interesting rule... fans would definitely think twice about that. How did you find out about that? Can you post a link?
Truth be told, I don't have a link - but if I'm not mistaken it was Tom Jackson, Stuart Scott and/or Ron Jaworski who mentioned it, just before last Monday night's coverage switched over from ESPN to ABC (and that was not the first time this has been bandied about). But whether the owners will actually vote on it next spring, that's pure speculation on my part, as I have yet to hear Paul Tagliabue or any owner come out and say that such a rule change has indeed been placed on the agenda of any future meeting.

Sorry if I misled you.
One of our political parties doesn't know the difference between non-sectarianism and secularism, while the other doesn't know the difference between individualism and selfishness. And you have to ask why there are so many independents?
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote