Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Basketball Association

Old 06-21-2006, 12:38 AM   #1
MarkCubanSucks
Rookie Player

MarkCubanSucks is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Mark Cuban How Much Of A Loser Can One Guy Be?

I stayed up till midnight just to watch that retards face as they lost
I loved every second of it. Infact I kept playing it back on my dvr as he came on to the court to clap for his team who will have a nice summer off with misery. Mark Cuban got so much attention for his STUPID remarks that it ruined Dallas's mentality. If the pressure of the finals was not enough you have some rich millionare who has no fin clue about the game storm off on David Stern and blame refs for losing? Cmon dumb ass... Who will he blame for that horrible pass that caused the game for them in the final seconds? This guy is a joke He's one of those guys who you see walking down the street and want to just walk up to them and sucker punch them on the face just for the hell of it. Not only does he look like a moron with his 3 stooges hair cut but his personality is one of a 12 year old kid. He has money but doesnt know how to use it. SPEND IT ON NBA RULES BOOK MARKY. Take some time and read about the rules of the game before you speak your stupid mind. Not knowing about a pass to backcourt rule after a time out? Wait does he own a basketball team? Oh ya he tries to act like he does? I think they should take the team away from him. He is to much of a moron to run a team. Maybe give him some junior high team to buy. Then he can yell and scream all he wants cause he will fit right in. Well gotta go I want to see his face again as the final buzzer sounds lol God I hate this guy and funny part is I'm not even a heat fan
MarkCubanSucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:46 AM   #2
Shawndo
Sports Virtuoso

Shawndo is on a distinguished road

Whew! that's quite a lot of hate there buddy!
Welcome to the boards man...

My opinion is quite opposite from yours; I have always enjoyed Cuban's 'antics'...
Shawndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:55 AM   #3
trayhezy
All-Star Player

trayhezy is on a distinguished road

I used to like Cuban but over the last couple of years I have seen him for what he is. He has no desire to make the overall product better, he just wants to skew things toward his team. There was no compliants when Dirk shot 24 free throws in game 3 VS SA but he was complaining about Wade getting calls. The officating is not bad when they win but is the reason they lose. It has gotten old.
until I'm Tiger dead
trayhezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:58 AM   #4
MarkCubanSucks
Rookie Player

Who doesnt hate this guy? Its like finding waldo in the crowd but with him its like fiding the moron who sticks out like a sore thumb. I been watching NBA games for years and never in my life have I seen anyone act like him. I wouldnt be suprised if Dallas changes their logo to his stupid ass face =). I can see it now Dirk going for a fadeaway as the big ugly head on his jersey fades with him lol. This moment was just priceless. I been waiting all year long game after game for this one moment. Just to see his face after they lose. I would love to read some of his emails as he made himself very popular with every NBA fan in the country.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:00 AM   #5
Shawndo
Sports Virtuoso

Did Mark Cuban by chance kill your parents?
Old 06-21-2006, 01:04 AM   #6
MarkCubanSucks
Rookie Player

lol ya it feels like he did. I mean cmon game after game all season long everytime Dallas was on you knew you would see his stupid ass face at least 15 times a quorter. I mean how many other owner do you know that get that much attention? He loves the attention and he got all of it from everyone recently. I heard something about kill Mark Cuban parade being held in Miami tomorrow lol They asked me to be the leader
Old 06-21-2006, 01:40 AM   #7
MarkCubanSucks
Rookie Player

Cuban was spotted chatting up several young women at his table. As he asked one hanger-on to round up some girls, he was overheard saying, “Just say I’m a billionaire. They’ll come over.” He also cracked, “For every billion dollars I have, my dick gets 10 inches longer.”

Note this ad was a typo they meant to say its mm's after how he feels tonight sleepless in Dallas >=)
Old 06-21-2006, 01:43 AM   #8
MarkCubanSucks
Rookie Player

Best STORY YET =)
Mark Cuban knows a lot about a lot of things. If you don't believe that, just ask him.

He's also always right. If you don't believe that, just ask him.

Better yet, read his blog. It's there that he pontificates on the world as he sees it, smug in the realization that the money he has in the bank gives him an insight into things that no one else possesses.

"Right is its own defense," he opined recently.

That's one of the advantages of being a billionaire. You can pretty much say what you want, do what you want, and people generally accept it with little more than a nod that acknowledges you are a much deeper thinker than most everyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Sometimes it's even entertaining.

Watch Cuban bash Steve Nash on the David Letterman show. Watch him wear a Jerry Stackhouse jersey courtside during Game 5 of the NBA finals. Watch him get fined $250,000 by David Stern, as he did Tuesday.

You will watch him because ABC seems to think that constant shots of the Dallas Mavericks' owner are must-see TV. There is something endearing, after all, about watching a spoiled billionaire complain that everyone is out to get him and that it just isn't fair.

What's next? A screaming fit before Game 6, at which time Cuban will simply take the ball and go home?

So, the Dallas Mavericks can't get a call. So what.

Shouldn't billionaires have deeper things to worry about?

Bill Gates is the richest man in the world, with the kind of money that can buy or sell Mark Cuban 100 times over. Gates probably doesn't even know who is playing in the NBA finals, but he can sure tell you about the $29 billion foundation he runs that tackles problems of HIV, malaria and tuberculosis in the developing world.

Cuban has weighty issues on his mind, too. He worries about whether Dwyane Wade was really fouled, and whether Shaquille O'Neal gets away with too many things because he's Shaq.

Oh, yeah, and that conspiracy thing, too.

AP - Jun 7, 3:38 pm EDT
More Photos

You see, the NBA is out to get the Mavericks, as anyone who is paying any attention at all to these playoffs probably already knows. That's why Stackhouse was suspended for a game and, when that almost didn't work, officials did their best to make it easy for the Heat to come back Sunday night in Miami.

About the only thing the league hasn't done is shorten the basket to nine feet on the Heat's end of the court.

Good thing Cuban is thinking of hiring Dan Rather to host the news on his high-definition TV network. If anyone can get to the bottom of this, it's Rather.

Actually, I always thought that there were conspiracies in the NBA. How else to explain Shaq and Kobe together in Los Angeles just at a time the league was losing Michael Jordan and badly needed a boost? And how about the Cavaliers somehow winning the lottery to get a hometown hero in LeBron James?

But I digress. This is about Cuban, just as everything in this finals seems to be about Cuban.

Does anyone even know who owns the Heat? Someone must sign the paychecks in Miami.

You had to figure Cuban would cause trouble in the finals, though the NBA has only itself to blame for most of it. The league allows Cuban to continue to sit courtside even though he tries to intimidate officials at almost every opportunity.

Cuban should have been told after he berated officials following a playoff game against Phoenix that he would be allowed at games, but only if he sat in a suite and stayed there. Come anywhere near courtside again, and you can watch the games on the big HD televisions that must line every wall in your Dallas mansion.

Instead, Stern handed down a meaningless fine Tuesday. That brought Cuban's total to $450,000 for the playoffs, though it's doubtful he's counting.

Actually, Cuban's attempts at intimidation are so childish that they border on ridiculous. If anything, they work against him, if the 49 free throws the Heat took to 25 for the Mavericks in Game 5 is any indication.

And do you think Stern was cowering when Cuban stared him down and screamed at him from both the court and the stands after the game?

Hardly.

What's surprising isn't that Stern hasn't done more than just hand Cuban a few paltry fines, but that Cuban's fellow NBA owners allow his act to continue. These guys are multimillionaires and more in their own right, and they know a billionaire bully when they see one.

Thankfully, the NBA season that never seems to end is almost over. Someone will win the title, and we'll have a couple of weeks before training camps open again.

Cuban, meanwhile, can go back to pontificating on his Web site, where he can preach to the converted all summer long.

Just remember this:

He's got more money than he can count. And that means he's always right.

Tim Dahlberg is a national sports columnist for The Associated Press. Write to him at tdahlberg@ap.org.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:46 AM   #9
Shawndo
Sports Virtuoso

Try and avoid double or triple posting there, MarkCubanSucks... if you think of something you'd like to add to a previous post, just click the Edit button and then you can add onto it.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:48 AM   #10
Noon
You moterboatin' son of a

Noon is on a distinguished road

The guy is living every fan-boy's dream. Make an unbelievable amount of money, buy a professional franchise, and root like crazy.

He gets a little carried away, but I'm pretty sure I would too.

I like Mark Cuban.

-RB
Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:53 AM   #11
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

First of all, Cuban is a billionaire not a millionaire. Get your facts right.

Second of all, Cuban shows passion for the game, something you find little of in owners.

He is a great guy and good for the game. He speaks his mind, which is great. He doesn't hold back, despite whatever that prick David Stern is going to think.

Cuban has turned the Mavs from one of the laughing stocks in the NBA to a power-house.

He has balls, stands up for himself and his team, and shows passion for his team. There is nothing wrong with his actions.

Mark Cuban is the man.
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:55 AM   #12
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noon
He gets a little carried away, but I'm pretty sure I would too.

I like Mark Cuban.
I do, too. I agree that he can go overboard at times, but his intensity and passion for his team are refreshing. You get the idea that he doesn't think of the team as just a "business", but an intrical part of his life...
suedon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:53 PM   #13
MarkCubanSucks
Rookie Player

What? You guys are smocking crack. I dont give a sh** if he has a billion or a trillion dollars no NBA franchise owner acts the way he does. The unstopable bulls, the old time celtics I can go on and on. No team in NBA's history had such a moron as a owner as Cuban. Give me a break its called passion? So passion is having court side seats and acting like your bank account went down to zero everytime a ref misses a call or you team loses? No team once again had such drama and a pathetic owner like that moron. In boxing 2 guys talk trash for monthes untill the fight then they get their faces bashed and get knocked out but when its all done and over for the most part every fighter gives credit to the guy that put him down on the canvas. Cuban has no one to give credit to. Instead of keeping a cool and just acting like a owner he acts like a player on the bench plus the coach together as one. If you're a Cuban fan then sorry to say that you have no passion for the game. The game of basketball is not made for drama qweens or stupid moron billionares who cry like little 12 year old girls. The game of basketball should not focus its attention on some guy who made money and bought a team so hey lets put the camera on his ugly face everytime he jumps off his seat and yells somemething louder then any audicance member. The game of basketball should is for the players to show their skills and us fans to enjoy it. Weather the team we like wins or loses thats the game and thats the hole fun of it waiting for that one day until your team goes all the way. All this bullsh** about Cuban should be kept behind closed doory if he likes drama then he should dump his ungly ass wife and go gay he looke like he can fit just fine with his 3 stooges hair doe anyways.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:04 PM   #14
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

Did Cuban run over your dog or something?
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:07 PM   #15
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

I love Mark Cuban.

I read his wonderful blog (BlogMaverick.com) and he pretty much has (to quote Noon) the life every fan-boy dreams about.

I love Mark Cuban because he is passionate. Outspoken. Ballsy. Wants to fight "the man," i.e. the league and Stern. And look what he has done for the Mavs. From doormat to championship team. He's a fabulous owner and by all accounts I've read, a wonderful guy (i.e. the opposite of Trump, who is self-obsessed and formal).

While Cuban does obsess over officiating and takes it too far, he has some valid points. Officiating is too inconsistent in this league from game to game. But why hate on the guy who is a true fan, rather than the disconnected typical owner hiding away in his box seat?

Funny that you're calling him the loser, yet you're the one registering on a website just to diss the guy. Get over it, Dallas lost, so revel in it.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote