Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge

Old 05-10-2007, 11:57 AM   #1
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

tobynosker is on a distinguished road
Default Movie and Television Quotes

What are some of your favorite quotes of all-time?

One of my favorites is the opening monologue in Adaptation.

Quote:
Do I have an original thought in my head? My bald head? Maybe if I were happier my hair wouldn't be falling out.

Life is short. I need to make the most of it. Today is the first day of the rest of my life. I'm a walking cliché.

I really need to go to the doctor and have my leg checked. There's something wrong. A bump.

The dentist called again. I'm way overdue. If I stop putting things off I would be happier. All I do is sit on my fat ass.

If my ass wasn't fat I would be happier. I wouldn't have to wear these shirts with the tails out all the time. Like that's fooling anyone. Fat ass.

I should start jogging again. Five miles a day. Really do it this time. Maybe rock climbing. I need to turn my life around.

What do I need to do?

I need to fall in love. I need to have a girlfriend. I need to read more and prove myself.

What if I learned Russian or something, or took up an instrument? I could speak Chinese. I'd be the screenwriter who speaks Chinese and plays the oboe. That would be cool.

I should get my hair cut short. Stop trying to fool myself and everyone else into thinking I have a full head of hair. How pathetic is that. Just be real. Confident. Isn't that what women are attracted to?

Men don't have to be attractive. But that's not true, especially these days. Almost as much pressure on men as there is on women these days.

Why should I be made to feel I have to apologize for my existence? Maybe it's my brain chemistry. Maybe that's what's wrong with me. Bad chemistry. All my problems and anxiety can be reduced to a chemical imbalance or some kind of misfiring synapses. I need to get help for that.

But I'll still be ugly though. Nothing's going to change that.
tobynosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:10 PM   #2
Marino13
Professional Muff Diver

Marino13 is on a distinguished road

One of my favorites was the dialogue between Kareem and Joey in Airplane

Joey: Wait a minute. I know you. You're Kareem Abdul-Jabar. You play basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers.

Roger Murdock: I'm sorry son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I'm the co-pilot.

Joey: You are Kareem. I've seen you play. My dad's got season tickets.

Roger Murdock: I think you should go back to your seat now Joey. Right Clarence?

Captain Oveur: Nahhhhhh, he's not bothering anyone, let him stay here.

Roger Murdock: But just remember, my name is ROGER MURDOCK. I'm an airline pilot.

Joey: I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense. And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.

Roger Murdock: The hell I don't. LISTEN KID. I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:25 PM   #3
grizzle_810
All-Star Player

grizzle_810 is on a distinguished road

I could do this for days upon days:

"that rug really tied the room together" ~big lebowski

the whole scene in pulp fiction where samuel l. jackson talks to brett. "does marcellus wallace look like a b----? does he? then why you trying to f--- him like one, brett?" OMG the whole thing is great.

someone name a movie and i will tell you all my fav quotes from it. seriously, i could do this forever.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:33 PM   #4
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino13
One of my favorites was the dialogue between Kareem and Joey in Airplane
"Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked in the head with an iron boot? Of course you don't. No one does. It never happens. It's a dumb question. Skip it..."

Your Kareem Adbul-Jabaar reference reminded me of Chevy Chase's Fletch, one of the most quotable movies of all-time:

Quote:
Chief Jerry Karlin: So, what's your name?
Fletch: Fletch.
Chief Jerry Karlin: Full name?
Fletch: Fletch F. Fletch.
Chief Jerry Karlin: I see, And what do you do for a living, Mr. Fletch?
Fletch: I'm a shepherd.
Chief Jerry Karlin: Officers, could you excuse us for a few moments?
Fletch: Yeah, why don't you guys go down to the gym and pump each other.
Chief Jerry Karlin: Why are you doing this, Mr. Fletch?
Fletch: I like men. I like to be manhandled. I like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzle_810
"that rug really tied the room together" ~big lebowski
"Shut the **** up, Donny."
Old 05-10-2007, 01:53 PM   #5
bama4256
Baseball Fanatic

bama4256 will become famous soon enough

"Frankly Dear I don't give a damn"
Old 05-10-2007, 03:56 PM   #6
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

"I know we've only known each other four weeks and three days, but to me it seems like nine weeks and five days. The first day seemed like a week and the second day seemed like five days. And the third day seemed like a week again and the fourth day seemed like eight days. And the fifth day you went to see your mother and that seemed just like a day, and then you came back and later on the sixth day, in the evening, when we saw each other, that started seeming like two days, so in the evening it seemed like two days spilling over into the next day and that started seeming like four days, so at the end of the sixth day on into the seventh day, it seemed like a total of five days. And the sixth day seemed like a week and a half. I have it written down, but I can show it to you tomorrow if you want to see it."
Old 05-17-2007, 03:38 PM   #7
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

"There are two types of people: those that talk the talk, and those that walk the walk. People who walk the walk sometimes talk the talk, but most times they don't talk at all, because they walking. Now, people who talk the talk, when it comes time for them to walk the walk, you know what they do? They talk people like me into walking for them." - Hustle & Flow
Old 05-17-2007, 04:05 PM   #8
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road

George: She called. He yelled 'Cartwright'. I missed her.
Jerry: Who's Cartwright?
George: (pause)...I'm Cartwright.
Jerry: You're not Cartwright.
George: OF COURSE I'M NOT CARTWRIGHT!
suedon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:48 PM   #9
grizzle_810
All-Star Player

"nice marmit" ~big lewbowski
Old 05-20-2007, 03:36 AM   #10
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

Nigel: This is a top to a, you know, what we use on stage, but it's very...very special because if you can see...
Marty: Yeah...
Nigel: ...the numbers all go to eleven. Look...right across the board.
Marty: Ahh...oh, I see....
Nigel: Eleven...eleven...eleven....
Marty: ...and most of these amps go up to ten....
Nigel: Exactly.
Marty: Does that mean it's...louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most...most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here...all the way up...all the way up....
Marty: Yeah....
Nigel: ...all the way up. You're on ten on your guitar...where can you go from there? Where?
Marty: I don't know....
Nigel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is if we need that extra...push over the cliff...you know what we do?
Marty: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top... number...and make that a little louder?
Nigel: ...these go to eleven.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:17 PM   #11
grizzle_810
All-Star Player

^ spinal tap! :thumbup:
Old 05-21-2007, 01:45 PM   #12
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road

"Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny f***ing Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white *** down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of ***holes this side of the nuthouse."
suedon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:24 PM   #13
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

Clark: "'Tis the season to be merry."
Mary: "That's my name."
Clark: "No ****."
Old 05-22-2007, 06:32 PM   #14
grizzle_810
All-Star Player

Clark, that there is an RRRRRV. Don't you go falling in love with her, Clark. She's leaving with me at the end of the month.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:30 PM   #15
tobynosker
Sports Virtuoso

"**** Jacob Elinsky -- whining malcontent. **** Francis Xavier Slaughtery -- my best friend -- judging me while he stares at my girlfriend's ass. **** Naturelle Riviera. I gave her my trust and she stabbed me in the back, sold me up the river. ****ing *****. **** my father with his endless grief, standing behind that bar sipping on club sodas, selling whisky to firemen, cheering the Bronx bombers. **** this whole city and everyone in it. From the row-houses of Astoria to the penthouses on Park Avenue, from the projects in the Bronx to the lofts in Soho, from the tenements in Alphabet City to the brownstones in Park Slope to the split-levels in Staten Island. Let an earthquake crumble it, let the fires rage, let it burn to ****ing ash and then let the waters rise and submerge this whole rat-infested place.

No. **** you, Montgomery Brogan. You had it all, and you threw it away. You dumb ****." - 25th Hour