Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 01-22-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough
Default Hardwick vs. Seymour

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Patriots coach Bill Belichick rebuffed claims that defensive lineman Richard Seymour played dirty in the AFC championship victory over San Diego.

New England beat the Chargers 21-12 on Sunday to advance to the Super Bowl, and after the game San Diego center Nick Hardwick called Seymour "a dirty, cheap, little pompous [expletive]."

"I'm surprised," Belichick said Monday. "That's the last thing I would say about Richard."

Seymour was called for running into the kicker when the Chargers punted on their first possession -- a clear penalty, but hardly a violent one. He also gave San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers an elbow to the back that sent Rivers into an exaggerated flop.

Hardwick also accused Seymour of stomping on feet, slapping heads and punching people in the back.

"He's cheap and dirty, and the head man just let him get away with it the whole time," Hardwick said.

It's the second straight year that the Patriots have eliminated the Chargers from the playoffs, and the second straight year the Chargers have complained about New England's sportsmanship. Last year, running back LaDainian Tomlinson said the Patriots had "no class" for celebrating on the Chargers midfield logo.

Associated Press

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=3207356

In a related story, Hardwick cleaned out his locker today. Contents included...

- tickets to a musical
- bottle of Vagisil
- the complete 5th season of American Idol on dvd
buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:27 PM   #2
themush
Banned

themush has a spectacular aura aboutthemush has a spectacular aura about

A guy actually played hard in a NFL Conference Championship game?

What a freakin cry baby.
themush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:51 PM   #3
buckeyefan78
Happy Land

buckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the roughbuckeyefan78 is a jewel in the rough

Hardwick in early December after the Bolts beat the Titans in a "physical game"...

“We like dirty play. We don't do it until we see it, but we'll get as dirty as you.”

“Teams think we're soft,” Nick Hardwick said. “That's what Kansas City tried to do – come in and intimidate us. That's what Tennessee was trying to do – trying to intimidate us, let us know that they're going to try to be tougher than we are.”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...0sullivan.html

So why the skirt and waterworks now? Cuz you lost?

buckeyefan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:50 PM   #4
thefaint287
Banned

thefaint287 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a sore loser to me.... San Diego talks the most trash on and off the field.
thefaint287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:31 AM   #5
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

I was waiting for SD to start up their crybaby trash talking. This team is seriously the biggest bunch of sore losers / whiners in the NFL.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:06 AM   #6
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Betcha Hardwick is rooting for the Giants - and I'd imagine Philip Rivers will be too.
One of our political parties doesn't know the difference between non-sectarianism and secularism, while the other doesn't know the difference between individualism and selfishness. And you have to ask why there are so many independents?
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:48 AM   #7
boston_aloha
FFB #2

boston_aloha has a spectacular aura aboutboston_aloha has a spectacular aura about

It just shows the maturity level of some teams in the NFL. I gotta hand it to the Colts and the Steelers - they have really matured. I think it has to do with winning a Superbowl (finally).

Remember back in 2003-2004 the Colts would cry and whine after the Patriots beat them? Hell, Peyton Manning cried so hard the NFL even changed the RULES to accomodate him... and then they still lost to the Pats in 2004. The Steelers used to cry too. I remember Heines Ward actually shed tears after a loss and whined. Then the Steelers won in 2005 and the Colts in 2006. Notice how when they were eliminated this season they walked away with dignity? I believe thats due to them being mature teams now, and that is because they finally won.

Look at the teams that have yet to win... San Diego, Jacksonville... both had lots of negative things to say afterward - they could not just walk away with a loss.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:35 PM   #8
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

It keeps getting better. Hardwick is now allegedly claiming that Seymour headbutted a Chargers' coach:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/p...?urn=nfl,63283
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote