Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Community Discussion > The Lounge > Politics & Religion

Old 01-16-2008, 04:17 PM   #1
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road
Default The "Huckster"

love this.......

suedon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #2
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

CKFresh will become famous soon enough

This guy is Kevin Spacey's clone:

Think Fresh.
CKFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road

Okay, I don't know about you guys, but the possibility of this snake-oil salesman becoming president scares the **** out of me.....
suedon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:54 PM   #4
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedon1970 View Post
Okay, I don't know about you guys, but the possibility of this snake-oil salesman becoming president scares the **** out of me.....
If this guy becomes president, I am going to start going back to church, because I'm pretty sure all non-Christians will be subject to prosecution under the new executive order titled, "Jesus it the only answer."

Think Fresh.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:11 PM   #5
SoonerCenturion
Ron Mexico owes me money

SoonerCenturion is on a distinguished road

anyone will be better than Hillary though.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:15 PM   #6
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCenturion View Post
anyone will be better than Hillary though.
Not a chance.

Hillary means that Bill is back in the White House. Remember the '90s? I could go for that type of economic growth, reduction in crime and poverty, balanced budget, international respect and relative peace... How about you?

Think Fresh.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:47 PM   #7
SoonerCenturion
Ron Mexico owes me money

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
Not a chance.

Hillary means that Bill is back in the White House. Remember the '90s? I could go for that type of economic growth, reduction in crime and poverty, balanced budget, international respect and relative peace... How about you?
In a news conference Deanna Favre announced she will be the starting QB for the Packers this coming Sunday. Deanna asserts that she is qualified to be starting QB because she has spent the past 16 years married to Brett while he played QB for the Packers. During this period of time she became familiar with the definition of a corner blitz, and is now completely comfortable with other terminology of the Packers offense. A survey of Packers fans shows that 50% of those polled supported the move.

Does this sounds idiotic and unbelievable to you? Well, Hillary Clinton makes the same claims as to why she is qualified to be President and 50% of democrats polled agreed. She has never run a City, County, or State.

When told Hillary Clinton has experience because she has 8 years in the white house, Dick Morris stated "so has the pastry chef".
Old 01-16-2008, 06:21 PM   #8
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Sooner,

You comparison to Deanna Favre is idiotic and bigotted towards women. Comparing a proven female politician to a female who has never player football at any level is simply retarded. There is no analogy to be made. Hillary has experience.

If Deanna Favre had been a back-up QB in the NFL for 8 years, then spent 8 years as a starting QB in the CFL, your analogy would be accurate.

As for the "pastry chef" comment: There's a big difference.

1) Hillary, while in the White House. was involved in policy and writing bills. She has first hand experience. More than we can say for any of the republicans.

2) She has been a senator for years now, and involved in legislative practices.

3) She has been in politics for over 3 decades.

---------------

So other than your sexist analogies and baseless comparisons... tell me what you don't like about Hillary in terms of policy and issues.

Think Fresh.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:30 PM   #9
SoonerCenturion
Ron Mexico owes me money

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKFresh View Post
Sooner,

You comparison to Deanna Favre is idiotic and bigotted towards women. Comparing a proven female politician to a female who has never player football at any level is simply retarded. There is no analogy to be made. Hillary has experience.

If Deanna Favre had been a back-up QB in the NFL for 8 years, then spent 8 years as a starting QB in the CFL, your analogy would be accurate.

As for the "pastry chef" comment: There's a big difference.

1) Hillary, while in the White House. was involved in policy and writing bills. She has first hand experience. More than we can say for any of the republicans.

2) She has been a senator for years now, and involved in legislative practices.

3) She has been in politics for over 3 decades.

---------------

So other than your sexist analogies and baseless comparisons... tell me what you don't like about Hillary in terms of policy and issues.
1st......that was a joke pulled off the internet, I can't claim that, although it is funny.

I find Hillary to be inadequate and a hypocrite. She changes her views to line up with the current hot button, she cries in public, is arrogant, self-centered, and not qualified for the office of the presidency. I'd vote for Obama first (even though he has ties to the black panther and other black extremist organizations).
Old 01-16-2008, 06:30 PM   #10
SoonerCenturion
Ron Mexico owes me money

The first man to climb Mount Everest has died. (Sir Edmund Hillary)

This is the same man that Hillary R Clinton said that her mother named her after.

For the story about he mans death -- click this link

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/01/11/hillary_dead/

For the story about Hillary Clintons false name -- click this link

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/hillary.asp

When confronted about the facts of this false story that she had been telling for many years she basically sold out on her own mother and if she would sell out her own mother who would she not sell out.

Since this behavior seems to be normal for her needless to say I don’t trust her since Hillary R Clinton was born 6 years before Sir Hillary climbed Mount Everest
Old 01-16-2008, 06:33 PM   #11
SoonerCenturion
Ron Mexico owes me money

The BEAST 50 Most Loathsome People in America 2007

17. Hillary Clinton
Charges: Began in politics as a teenage Nixon supporter -- that's twisted. Moved on to corporate law, representing Wal-Mart and bravely defending Coca-Cola from disabled employees. Married out of ambition. Failed miserably as the first lady of health care. Has spent whole of senatorial career as a hawk and a panderer. Would have no shot at becoming president if she didn't just happen to be married to one already.

Exhibit A: Has deftly avoided the flip-flopper label -- by never, ever answering a question directly or committing to a position in the first place.

Sentence: Victim of vast right wing conspiracy to shove a brick up her ass.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:33 PM   #12
SoonerCenturion
Ron Mexico owes me money

Judicial Watch Announces List of Washington’s “Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians” for 2007
Washington, DC –Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, today released its 2007 list of Washington’s “Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians.” The list, in alphabetical order, includes:

1. Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY): In addition to her long and sordid ethics record, Senator Hillary Clinton took a lot of heat in 2007 – and rightly so – for blocking the release her official White House records. Many suspect these records contain a treasure trove of information related to her role in a number of serious Clinton-era scandals. Moreover, in March 2007, Judicial Watch filed an ethics complaint against Senator Clinton for filing false financial disclosure forms with the U.S. Senate (again). And Hillary’s top campaign contributor, Norman Hsu, was exposed as a felon and a fugitive from justice in 2007. Hsu pleaded guilty to one count of grand theft for defrauding investors as part of a multi-million dollar Ponzi scheme.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:42 PM   #13
SoonerCenturion
Ron Mexico owes me money

I think of myself as a progressive republican, and I'd vote for Obama, but I can't vote for Hillary, I don't think she's a good leader. She changes her opinion more times than a 16 year old girl shopping for a prom dress, and she will do anythng for power. She doesn't care about people, she just wants power.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:42 PM   #14
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCenturion View Post
1st......that was a joke pulled off the internet, I can't claim that, although it is funny.

I find Hillary to be inadequate and a hypocrite. She changes her views to line up with the current hot button, she cries in public, is arrogant, self-centered, and not qualified for the office of the presidency. I'd vote for Obama first (even though he has ties to the black panther and other black extremist organizations).
Alright, I'm sorry for being an ass there. I get frustrated sometimes... I apologize.

I too would vote for Obama over Hillary, but she is my second choice.

Now, for your opposition.

Quote:
inadequate
How so? She has more experience than President Bush did. Her intelligence level is obviously very high. How is she inadequate?

Quote:
a hypocrite. She changes her views to line up with the current hot button
I'm going to need specific examples. As far as "changing her views," don't all people do that? I think that is called "learning." People who don't change their mind on anything are stubborn. We need a president who is dynamic and able to change as new information comes in. Either way, specifically how is she a hypocrite?

Quote:
she cries in public
And your point?

Quote:
is arrogant
I'd say "confident," but that's your opinion and that's fine.

Quote:
self-centered
How so? She is most charitable presidential candidate of all time and has spent more time helping people than you can imagine.

Quote:
not qualified for the office of the presidency
This is where you are simply wrong. This is not an opinon. You may think she would be a bad president, but she certainly has more experience than any other candidate.

She spent 8 years in the White House... Now I know you may think she was just baking cookies the whole time, but she was just as involved as any cabinet memeber.

Within the first five days of becoming First Lady, Hillary Clinton was named by her husband to head the President's Task Force on Health Care Reform, overseeing research, investigatory trips, financial reports, numerous committees composed of medical and insurance professionals, lawmakers and other government officials, public service leaders, and consumer rights advocates.

Perhaps the most successful component of her accomplishments as First Lady was initiating the Children's Health Insurance Program in 1997, a federal effort that provided state support for those children whose parents were unable to provide them with health coverage. She also successfully sought to increase the research funding for illnesses such as prostate cancer and childhood asthma at the National Institute of Health. The First Lady also gave voice to the illnesses that were affecting veterans of the Gulf War, with the possibility of their suffering the toxic side effects of chemical "Agent Orange" used in warfare.

One of her closest Cabinet allies was Secretary of State Madeleine Albright. Following her international trips, Hillary Clinton wrote a report of her observations for Albright. A primary effort they shared was globally advocating gender equity in economics, employment, health care and education. During her trips to Africa (1997), Asia (1995), South America (1995, 1997) and the Central European former Soviet satellite nations (1997, 1998), Hillary Clinton emphasized "a civil society," of human rights as a road to democracy and capitalism. The First Lady was also one of the few international figures at the time who spoke out against the treatment of Afghani women by Islamist fundamentalist Taliban that had seized control of Afghanistan. One of the programs she helped create was Vital Voices, a U.S.-sponsored initiative to promote the participation of international women in their nation's political process. One result of the group's meetings, in Northern Ireland, was drawing together women leaders of various political factions that supported the Good Friday peace agreement that brought peace to that nation long at civil war. Hillary Clinton was also an active supporter of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), often awarding its micro-loans to small enterprises begun by women in developing nations that aided the economic growth in their impoverished communities. Certainly one of her more important speeches as First Lady addressing the need for equal rights for women was international in scope and created controversy in the nation where it was made: the September 1995 United Nations Fourth World Conference on Women in Beijing, China.

-------------------

She traveled the world speaking with political leaders. She wrote bills. She advised the president. She met with cabinet members. She oversaw several committees.

Sorry Sooner, Hillary has more experince and is more qualified than any presidential candidate.

Think Fresh.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:47 PM   #15
CKFresh
Most Hated Member

Quote:
She doesn't care about people, she just wants power.
No she wants to help people... That's why she has done more for charity than all the other candidates combined...

Think Fresh.