Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 02-12-2009, 10:52 PM   #1
Pyro
Sports Enthusiast

Pyro is on a distinguished road
Red face Asomugha expects franchise tag from Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland Tribune
Al Davis has said the Raiders intend to use the exclusive franchise tag for a second straight year on Pro Bowl corner Nnamdi Asomugha.

They have until Feb. 19 to make the designation, which prohibits the player from negotiating with other teams.

Last year, the Raiders waited until the deadline day to franchise-tag Asomugha. He suspects they'll drag it out again this time.

"Last year, Al (Davis) called me the day before just to let me know he's going to do it, and then they waited until the very last possible second," Asomugha said Wednesday. "I don't know how they'll do it this year, but the expectation from my agent is that the tag will happen.
SOURCE: Click Here!

Poor Asomugha, hopefully he can get out of the mess in Oakland.
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:49 AM   #2
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Well who else should Oakland tag?