Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Professional Sports Discussion > National Football League

Old 10-19-2010, 05:04 AM   #1
Anthony

Anthony is on a distinguished road
Cool NFL Pointspread Contest sponsored by Sportsinteraction.com: Week 7

PICK 'EM SPONSOR

Sports Interaction Weekly NFL Pick 'Em Contest
Free to enter! Win $1000s in prizes!

Anyone can enter, you only need a Sports Interaction account and a Bet Opinions screen name. Players do not have to make a deposit for a chance to win. The pick 'em runs through regular NFL season and there are weekly, monthly, and grand prizes as follows:

Weekly – 1st $100, 2nd $50, 3rd $10
Monthly - $250
Grand Prize - $500 (total prize value is $4220.00)

Enter Sports Interaction's Weekly NFL pick 'em contest now!

---

Sunday, October 24:

San Francisco 3 over CAROLINA (1:00 PM ET)
ATLANTA 5 over Cincinnati
Pittsburgh 3 over MIAMI
TAMPA BAY 1 over St. Louis
BALTIMORE 13 over Buffalo
TENNESSEE 3 over Philadelphia
CHICAGO 3 over Washington
NEW ORLEANS 14 over Cleveland
KANSAS CITY 6 1/2 over Jacksonville
SEATTLE 3 1/2 over Arizona (4:05 PM ET)
DENVER 7 over Oakland (4:15 PM ET)
SAN DIEGO 3 over New England
GREEN BAY 3 over Minnesota
(8:20 PM ET)

Monday, October 25:

DALLAS 3 over N.Y. Giants (8:30 PM ET)

BYES: Detroit, Houston, Indianapolis, N.Y. Jets

Home team in CAPS; tie-breaker games in red.

Don't forget to designate three picks as Best Bets.

For complete contest rules, click here.
One of our political parties doesn't know the difference between non-sectarianism and secularism, while the other doesn't know the difference between individualism and selfishness. And you have to ask why there are so many independents?

Last edited by Anthony; 10-20-2010 at 09:08 PM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
NAR(cotics)
SC's Most Opinionated!

NAR(cotics) is on a distinguished road

San Francisco
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
TAMPA BAY
BALTIMORE
Philadelphia
CHICAGO
NEW ORLEANS
Jacksonville
SEATTLE
DENVER
New England
GREEN BAY

Monday, October 25:

N.Y. Giants (8:30 PM ET)

BYES: Detroit, Houston, Indianapolis, N.Y. Jets

My only championship this year....college soccer.

Last edited by Anthony; 10-23-2010 at 03:07 AM.
NAR(cotics) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:28 PM   #3
Marc
Administrator

Marc will become famous soon enough

CAROLINA
ATLANTA
Pittsburgh (BB)
TAMPA BAY
BALTIMORE (BB)
TENNESSEE
CHICAGO
NEW ORLEANS
KANSAS CITY
SEATTLE
DENVER
New England
GREEN BAY (BB)
DALLAS

Last edited by Anthony; 10-23-2010 at 03:08 AM.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:30 AM   #4
Anthony

Cool Anthony's Week 7 Picks

Last week: 8-4-2. Season totals: 34-52-4, Pct. .400. Best Bets: 4-14, Pct. .222.

Home team in capital letters; point spreads (opening line) in parentheses after underdog team; selections with point spreads in bold.

SUNDAY

CAROLINA
16 (+3), San Francisco 10 - The contrast in pedigrees between the opposing quarterbacks could scarcely be starker, as one was the first player selected in his entire draft while the other wasn't drafted at all - yet with what each has shown in the NFL it's hard to tell which is which. But it's easy to tell who has the healthier bankroll as between those who have always bet on one team in this series or the other: Carolina has covered in ten of the last eleven meetings. The 49ers are also 5-11 against the spread in fatigue games, not having had a bye last week while the winless Panthers did.

ATLANTA 34, Cincinnati 17 (+5) - Guess the Bengals aren't such a lock to finally put two winning non-strike seasons back to back for the first time in 33 years, are they? And they haven't exactly been a powerhouse in domes recently: They've been beaten by 70 points in their last three in such structures - and even with last week's flat performance in Philly, the Falcons have to be feeling pretty happy about themselves sitting at 4-2 despite four of those six games being on the road.

Pittsburgh 23, MIAMI 10 (+3) - What a spot for Big Ben's belated 2010 road opener: The home team is 1-8 straight up and 0-8-1 against the spread in Miami's last nine games dating back to last December.

TAMPA BAY 28, St. Louis 7 (+1) - And I'm stone-cold serious about this score. The game won't even be close. The Bucs are 4-1 straight up in their last five and 6-0-1 versus the points in their last seven against the Rams, who have lost nine in a row on grass by a depressing 247-93 and eleven straight outdoors by a staggering 314-102. This will pay for all your Halloween-related expenses.

BALTIMORE 37, Buffalo 3 (+13) - John Harbaugh is a blithering idiot if he risks bringing Ed Reed back prematurely for this abysmal mismatch, especially with the Ravens having a bye next week. Ray Rice's momma told him there'd be days like this - facing as he will a Buffalo defense that distantly trails the entire league against the run.

TENNESSEE 19, Philadelphia 14 (+3) - Andy Reid is deftly managing his assets at both quarterback and wide receiver by daring not let either Michael Vick or DeSean Jackson anywhere near the field here, with next week's bye no doubt looming large in his calculations. But the Titans always manage to beat NFC teams, as in eleven consecutive victories over same, with nine spread covers.

Washington 20 (+3), CHICAGO 13 - You knew it wouldn't take long for Mike Martz to wreck Chicago's offense, as Matt Forte withers on the vine; and the Redskins have been fairly adept at wrecking things for the Bears of late, as in nine wins in the last eleven encounters. Upset? Some upset.

NEW ORLEANS 28, Cleveland 17 (+14) - When I told people that I'd be taking Cleveland with the 14 points in this one, more than a few of them praised me for having a lot of "guts." I've never been able to fathom that rationale - but I do know that the Browns in their present incarnation are 7-2 against the line inside NFL domes, and that includes two outright wins in the one the Saints play in. So you're damn right I'm taking the points - "gutsy" move or not.

KANSAS CITY 20, Jacksonville 10 (+6 1/2) - And I neither know nor care who starts at quarterback for the Jaguars - for whoever he is, he won't be leading them to 21 fourth-quarter points the way Matt Schaub did last week against the Chiefs.

SEATTLE 24, Arizona 13 (+3 1/2) - Reflexively picking against any team with a backup quarterback hasn't exactly worked out well for me this year, but the habit is impossible to break in this spot. Let's see what Max Hall does in what promises to be a hostile environment.

DENVER 20, Oakland 17 (+7) - When so many talking heads said "Watch out for the Raiders this year," I laughed. I'm still laughing, harder than ever; but neither the series trends - Oakland is 6-2 against the line last eight vs. Denver, of which 4-0 at Denver, nor the head-to-head unit matchups - Broncos offense dead last in the league in rushing and third in passing, Raiders defense 30th against the run and eighth against the pass - justify laying this number. So I won't - and neither should you.

SAN DIEGO 27, New England 20 (+3) - No value on San Diego here, I know; but with the Chargers being back home again, where they're 2-0 by a count of 79-23 as opposed to 0-4 on the road, who needs value? And I'm not buying into the media's slobbering love affair with the post-Randy Moss Patriots.

Minnesota 23 (+3), GREEN BAY 17 - Had this game been two weeks later it would have been a Triple Witching Hour game for the Vikings, and they're 8-30 straight up in those babies since moving indoors in 1982. But it's not, and the Packers are too banged up to prevent Brett Favre from sticking it to them yet again.

MONDAY NIGHT

DALLAS
27, N.Y. Giants 21 (+3) - All I've been hearing is how only five teams have ever made the playoffs after starting 1-4, when in fact nine teams have done so. Can't people get anything right anymore? In any event, that should give the Cowboys something to celebrate; and this time around they will have reason to do just that, after the game.

BEST BETS: PITTSBURGH, TAMPA BAY, BALTIMORE
One of our political parties doesn't know the difference between non-sectarianism and secularism, while the other doesn't know the difference between individualism and selfishness. And you have to ask why there are so many independents?

Last edited by Anthony; 10-23-2010 at 03:09 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:35 PM   #5
Jeff Boswell
All-Star Player

Jeff Boswell is on a distinguished road
Default Pointspread Contest

Carolina
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay (BB)
Baltimore (BB)
Tennessee
Washington
New Orleans
Kansas City (BB)
Seattle
Oakland
San Diego
Minnesota
Dallas

Last edited by Anthony; 10-23-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Jeff Boswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:40 AM   #6
luke broadbent
Grizzled Veteran

luke broadbent is on a distinguished road

CAROLINA
Cincinnati
MIAMI
TAMPA BAY (BB)
BALTIMORE
TENNESSEE
CHICAGO
Cleveland (BB)
KANSAS CITY
SEATTLE (BB)
DENVER
SAN DIEGO
Minnesota
N.Y. Giants

Last edited by Anthony; 10-24-2010 at 09:22 AM.
luke broadbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:31 AM   #7
Anthony

Default Week 7 Results

1st 3 Anthony: 8-5-1 - 600 points
2nd 5 luke broadbent: 7-6-1 (2-0-1) - 200 points
3rd 2 Marc: 7-6-1 (1-2) - 110 points
4th 4 Jeff Boswell: 6-7-1 - 60 points
5th 1 NAR(cotics): 4-9-1 - 30 points

(Best Bet Record)

For current standings, click here.