Go Back   Sports Central Message Boards > Miscellaneous Sports Discussion > Other Sports Blitz > Hockey

View Poll Results: How will VAN do the rest of the season without captain Markus Naslund in the line-up?
Do not make playoffs 0 0%
Lose in Quarter-Finals 7 100.00%
Lose in Semi-Finals 0 0%
Lose in Conference Finals 0 0%
Lose in Stanley Cup Finals 0 0%
Win Stanley Cup 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2001, 09:43 AM   #1
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

lmanchur. is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Yesterday, Canucks captain Markus Naslund broke his leg, meaning that he will not be with the team for the rest of the regular season but, more importantly, the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

This is a huge blow to the team. Vote in the poll above, and then disucss your opinions on how the team will do without him.
lmanchur. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 03:24 PM   #2
budman2
Grizzled Veteran

budman2 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy so sad , too bad!

whats the old saying "theres always next year" . lets face it the road to the cup is hard, a team needs every available resorse at there disposel, theres just to much talent out there. it's to bad, but without the scoring punch of nasland?????? just not gona do it !!! its silly to say they won't make the playoffs though .nasland is important but not the do all , end all of the team.
by the way, in answer to that last closed thread, . LEAFS DO RULE!!!!!GO LEAFS GO!
Old 03-18-2001, 06:26 AM   #3
BTRoots
Grizzled Veteran

BTRoots is on a distinguished road

As a 'Nuck fan, I can't vote, as they will win or lose much as they would with Marcus. I'm not belittling him, just have confidence in the team to step up their play and carry on without him, for him. Yes, it is 'too bad, so sad', not only for the team, but for the player himself. Given the odds, he was doing better than most Leaf's. Break Sundin's leg and there would be no cry of 'too bad, so sad'. BTW, what exactly DO the Leaf's Rule? According to Peck, the Oiler's Rule. So what exactly do a bunch of losers rule?
BTRoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 08:34 AM   #4
lmanchur.
Sports Virtuoso

lmanchur. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by CanFan
So what exactly do a bunch of losers rule?
ha ha .... well, all the teams below them, I guess! ...so that's about 7 or 8 for the Leafs, and about 5 or 6 for the Oilers!... as for the Lightning, Panthers, and Islanders... well... ummm... no response, there!
lmanchur. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 10:32 AM   #5
budman2
Grizzled Veteran

Thumbs down bitter disapointment

hey canfan, when i said " to bad so sad " i meant just that it's to bad and it's so sad. i am a fan of all the canadian hockey clubs ( mostly toronto ) you should try not to be so "SENSITIVE"! and grow up.
Old 03-22-2001, 05:34 AM   #6
BTRoots
Grizzled Veteran

BTRoots is on a distinguished road
Default Re: bitter disapointment

Quote:
Originally posted by budman2
hey canfan, when i said " to bad so sad " i meant just that it's to bad and it's so sad. i am a fan of all the canadian hockey clubs ( mostly toronto ) you should try not to be so "SENSITIVE"! and grow up.
Where ever I've lived (several places) 'too bad so sad' has a different connotation than the one you claim to have given it. If I misunderstood your meaning, my mistake.

However, I was stating an opinion, which I am entitled to. If that makes me SENSITIVE, then I am sensitive. I was told not to worry about whether others on the board agreed with me or not. So I don't worry and what do I get?

Don't be so "Sensitive". "Grow up"! Grow up indeed young budman.

BTW, you forgot to mention, "take a pill".

BTRoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 08:43 AM   #7
budman2
Grizzled Veteran

o.k.