Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   National Football League (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   do you like the Colts? (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=7839)

dizzle 08-09-2003 02:46 PM

do you like the Colts?

Do you like the Colts, I do

poptart 08-09-2003 04:37 PM

Do I like the Colts to do WHAT?

Go about 10-6, have Peyton the great white hope go through 45 or so epileptic seizures at the line of scrimmage in their first playoff game, toss 4 picks, and lose 'bout 53-2?

YES......

......I like the Colts to do that.

luckybird 08-09-2003 08:09 PM

You've got to be kidding me dizzle. The colts have no chance of doing anything this year. Edgerin James' knee will not hold up and poptart is right on about Payton Manning.

The J 08-10-2003 01:16 AM

James almost gained 1,000 yards last year with a knee that was around 80%. He is over a year removed from surgery, and his knee is without a doubt close to 100% this year.

*Peyton

Marc 08-10-2003 01:16 AM

dizzle and others, please, *please* ask yourself if your threads have a purpose in the future ... not trying to be harsh, but at least make a point, propose a question, provide some insight, anything.

luckybird ... were you really born in 1995? Anyway, James' knee problems are so last year ... it generally takes two years for players to recover from injuries of that nature and it has been two years. He has been nothing but the Edge of old and explosive as ever according to training camp reports, so I don't know where you're coming from.

Anthony 08-10-2003 03:23 AM

What bothers me about the Colts, believe it or not, is Tony Dungy; he seems have the same basic philosophy as Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Johnson - they both have a finesse agenda and don't think stopping the run is all that important (Indianapolis was 20th against the run and second against the pass in Dungy's first season there last year). And while both have produced results that look great on a stat sheet, over the past decade or so teams with a lot of bulk up the middle on defense have dominated the top of the standings and have snapped up virtually all of the #1 playoff seeds. Things may, however, work out better for the Colts than the Eagles because Indy has much more speed on offense than Philly does, meaning that in many games opponents may end up being forced to throw to keep up with them despite their undersized defense - but we'll see.

dizzle 08-10-2003 04:33 PM

lucky, the colts have Manning, there gonna win the superbowl.

rickcoyle 08-10-2003 05:38 PM

come on dizzle...The colts defense is not even close to Super Bowl form.

Marc 08-11-2003 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dizzle
lucky, the colts have Manning, there gonna win the superbowl.
I hope your are kidding. Manning has yet to win a single game in the postseason, so don't go jumping to conclusions.