Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   National Basketball Association (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Memphis could acquire Beasley in three-team deal (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=21736)

Pyro 02-12-2009 05:16 PM

Memphis could acquire Beasley in three-team deal

Quote:

Originally Posted by Memphis Commercial Appeal
Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley acknowledged his recent involvement in trade discussions regarding All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire and said he rejected the Phoenix Suns’ proposal.

“We had conversations,” Heisley said Wednesday, confirming a Yahoo Sports report that Phoenix owner Robert Sarver initiated contact with Memphis. “But there is no deal on the table. I think they’ll go somewhere else.”

The Suns are said to have asked the Griz to consummate a deal that included forwards Rudy Gay and Hakim Warrick, and point guard Mike Conley.

The likelihood of Stoudemire going to Memphis is slim, but several NBA insiders asserted that Phoenix and Miami would like Memphis to facilitate a deal that would send Stoudemire to join Dwyane Wade. One scenario has the Grizzlies possibly acquiring Heat rookie forward Michael Beasley in the three-way transaction.

SOURCE: Click Here!

Wade and STAT would be a great inside-out combo. Beasley's a perimeter scorer, so a big like Stoudemire would be a better complement to Wade. Phoenix could end up getting two very good young players in Gay and Conley; for Memphis, this deal doesn't make sense. Gay's a terrific guy to have at the 3, and shipping the point guard of the future along with him to only get Beasley in return is a bad deal for them.

doublee 02-12-2009 06:23 PM

Surely the Griz are getting more than just Beasley out of the deal. Beasley is going to be a nice player but his numbers are no better than Hakim Warrick's right now. At least throw Chalmers into the deal.

buckeyefan78 02-12-2009 08:22 PM

Wade is a champion while Amare simply doesn't have the stomach or fortitude to get the job done. You have a broken down old man (by most folks account...not mine) out in Phoenix who has to guard the opponents' main offensive big while Amare flares his way to a stat-filled hollow effort.

Watched the whole game last night. Sideshow Bob had Amare shooting jumpers from 15 all evening long.

Pathetic.

If Phoenix was smart they would simply start over. The only players they have on that roster who are winners would be Shaq, J-Rich and Matt Barnes.

The rest wear diapers.

doublee 02-13-2009 10:28 AM

How is Jason Richardson a winner?

buckeyefan78 02-13-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublee (Post 294332)
How is Jason Richardson a winner?

It's him against the world. Same goes for Barnes. Winning a title isn't some Mr. Nice competition for most folks/teams in this league unless you have machinelike fundamentals and discipline like the Spurs.

That's why guys like Dirk, Amare, J-Kidd and Nash are bums.

HibachiDG 02-13-2009 01:07 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3905146

Jermaine O'Neal goes to the Heat for Shawn Marion. I like the move for both teams. Marion/Beasley seemed to overlap and O'Neal/Bosh seem to as well.

doublee 02-13-2009 01:28 PM

Could be a sign that Toronto is giving up on the year and just wanted Marion's expiring contract.

I am not sure it is going to be a huge difference maker for the Heat as I am not convinced O'Neal ahs enough left in the tank to be a game changer on a regular basis any more.

buckeyefan78 02-16-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublee (Post 294348)
Could be a sign that Toronto is giving up on the year and just wanted Marion's expiring contract.

I am not sure it is going to be a huge difference maker for the Heat as I am not convinced O'Neal ahs enough left in the tank to be a game changer on a regular basis any more.

He isn't going to be used in that role though.

He's going to be asked to play D and rebound. Marion never fit in down there and the Heat had to get something for him.