Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Favorite Type of Music? (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=191)

JakeLitwicki 12-17-2000 10:10 PM

My favorite band, no contest, is Creed. I love their music, and Mark Tremonti is up there on the greatest guitarist list.

Bands I despise/refuse to listen to:

- Any kind of RAP
- Country in most forms
- 'mainstream' "boy bands" and the "teeny boppers" like britney spears. (didn't say I don't like them, just not their musik :) )

Peck 12-17-2000 10:31 PM

My favorite band or signer has to be these:
1.Bon Jovi
2.Limp Bizkit
3.Eminem
4.Fat Boy Slim
5.Matchbox 20
6.Blink 182
Thats all!!!!! Although it is exact oppisite of Jake.

iFroggy 12-17-2000 11:17 PM

I listen to a lot of rap, Puffy, Mase, Biggie, and anything over at Bad Boy. Also Nas, Jay-Z, among others. I've also been know to listen to Limp once in a while. :)

And I wouldn't say I refuse to listen to Britney Spears... if its her or Cher or Barry Manilow... or someone old... I'd take Britney. :D

[Edited by iFroggy on 12-17-2000 at 10:34 PM]

JakeLitwicki 12-18-2000 01:20 AM

Interesting taste "Peck." Strange to see bon jovi and eminem on the same list of artists... :)

Marc 12-18-2000 05:10 PM

Me? I like a little of everything (except country!).

Favorite artists/bands:

Vertical Horizon
Everclear
Third Eye Blind
Eminem
Matchbox Twenty
Blink 182
Barenaked Ladies
Papa Roach
Creed
The Wallflowers

That pretty much covers it :)

Wedge231 12-18-2000 06:01 PM

I like heavy metal and some punk. I actually could stand any music except rap and country.

JakeLitwicki 12-18-2000 06:12 PM

Down with the RAP! :)

Tom Baker 12-19-2000 02:51 PM

Favorite Music

Pearl Jam - incredible live, but I've only seen 'em 6 times!
They need to tour more! When I was in the 14th row at their Atlanta show this summer it was practically a religous experience.

Dave Matthews Band - also rules live

I've seen great shows from Metallica, REM, and Pink Floyd as well. Concerts are the way to go. I'm very wary of "studio" bands that sound great on record but stink live.
Many in the current crop of radio hits seem to be this way.

Although I did enjoy Vertical Horizon quite a bit when I saw them at the Roxy and when they opened for DMB recently.

JakeLitwicki 12-19-2000 09:13 PM

Oh forgot, I love Vertical Horizon!

And disturbed too, even though they're a completely different type of band. They're local too =)

Lucky Boys Confusion sucks though, and they go to the same highschool as me...so no, I don't like all local bands.

Rick Dogg 12-20-2000 03:50 PM

I like Classic Rock, and Limp Bizkit, Bon Jovi,Sugar Ray, Christina Aguilara, and others.

Marc 12-20-2000 04:55 PM

Bon Jovi is good - Sugar Ray is (or was), but they were in my mind, a one-hit wonder. I can't stand Aguilara, though!

JakeLitwicki 12-20-2000 05:33 PM

I like Britney Spears :P

Nate 12-20-2000 05:58 PM

I like almost all music. As long as its not country, Im happy.

P.O.D. IS THE BEST! http://www.podfan.com/

Rick Dogg 12-20-2000 07:28 PM

I dont think that Sugar Ray was a 1 hit wonder. They have gone away for a little bit but they will be back. Besides, they already had a couple of hits, so poo on you! And at least Christina Aguilara has a good voice. Unlike the guy from Creed, in my opinion he has a very annoying voice. And their songs are overplayed and overhyped. Limp Bizcit is the king of rock now.

Rick Dogg 12-20-2000 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by M. James
Bon Jovi is good - Sugar Ray is (or was), but they were in my mind, a one-hit wonder. I can't stand Aguilara, though!
C'mon Marc, I know that deep down inside you are an Aguilara fan. I know that when nobody's lookin you are singing Come on Over Baby!

iFroggy 12-20-2000 07:58 PM

Well, Christina is going to have Puffy produce a track or two for her next album. So, there is hope yet! :)

I will have to buy the Puffy produced track. What can I say? I pledge alegence to Bad Boy. :D

Wedge231 12-20-2000 08:50 PM

I HATE RAP........

Rick Dogg 12-20-2000 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Wedge231
I HATE RAP........
Brief and to the point. Thankyou for the 3 words of wisdom!

iFroggy 12-20-2000 10:44 PM

Well... everyone is entitled to there opinion. I don't come in here and say "I HATE _____." I personally believe that music is a personal thing and everyone likes different types... so who am I to judge it?

Really doesn't matter to be... "My style your admiring, don't be mad - UPS is hiring" :)

Spike 12-24-2000 10:58 PM

Favorite Christmas song

Speaking of music, does anybody have a favorite Christmas song? To be honest, I don't really like Christmas songs that much but I like at least one and it is my favorite (at the moment, for some odd reason). It's an old song called, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year".

I'm not sure who originally sings it. I think it was originally sung by a guy named Andy Williams.

I just recently got an mp3 of it off the Web but I've also gone to music chat rooms and they have mp3's of other singers like Amy Grant singing it too.

Wedge231 12-24-2000 11:58 PM

I like Christmas songs as they help me get int othe spirit of Christmas. I don't have any favorites though.

Marc 12-25-2000 10:46 AM

Same with me - my family has some various albums, but I don't know and could care less who they are by, etc.

Rick Dogg 12-26-2000 12:54 PM

The Haunika(not sure if I spelled that right) Song by Adam Sandler is great!

iFroggy 12-26-2000 03:49 PM

Yeah... my family does have some albums. And Yes, Adam Sandler's music is very funny! :)

I like the Christmas song "Sleigh Ride" by TLC... and there was a song "Santa Baby" with Puffy and Ma$e a while back.

JakeLitwicki 12-27-2000 12:11 AM

RAP isn't classified as music, it's RAP.

iFroggy 12-27-2000 01:06 AM

Jake,

Knock it off already. You think pounding on drums is music? Then rhyming to a beat is music, too. Don't go too far, I haven't said anything bad about what you listen to, so back off.

Wedge231 12-27-2000 01:29 PM

I apoligize to my comments earlier in this thread regarding rap. I just can't seem to stand it but you are right and are entitled to your own opnion. If heavy metal is classified as music then I guess rap is also.

meshie 12-27-2000 01:55 PM

Heavy Metal, 70's rock (:D), hard rock, and some alternative. My favourite bands are Motorhead, Metallica, Black Sabbath, led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd etc etc.

iFroggy 12-27-2000 02:34 PM

Thanks Wedge. :) I was really directing it at Jake, because he has said things more then once on this thread. (Both posts are one liners lol)

Rap takes a lot of junk in general. Its all good though. :)

JakeLitwicki 12-28-2000 02:33 AM

Funny how you take my "dissing" of Rap personally.

Perhaps you need to lighten up?

Rap is mainstream, repetative, unoriginal, uncreative, unmusical, garbage. If you even debate that, then I don't know what to say.

Spend six months of your time "learning to rap" and six months learning to "beat on drums" and we'll see which comes easier.

If you really care to debate this, I'll start a new post just for you and I :)

JakeLitwicki 12-28-2000 02:51 PM

I'll believe that when I see a 12 year old guitarist become "popular."

Lil Bow Wow ring a bell?

Or maybe Sammie? Before he killed himself...?

JakeLitwicki 12-28-2000 05:12 PM

Do you have a brick wall in front of your face?

I'm saying that it is much easier for a RAP/Pop star to become "good" because it is much easier than it is to "bang on drums."

I think you just don't like me, and that's your problem. DEAL WITH IT.

Rick Dogg 12-29-2000 04:38 PM

This is getting interesting. I have rounds 1,3,6,7, and 9 going tofroggy. And rounds 2,4,5,and 8 going to Jake. Now for the 10th and final round. Boxers to your corners!