Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   National Football League (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Best Super Bowl Ad (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=13426)

blackdogsong 02-06-2006 01:15 AM

Best Super Bowl Ad

i liked the Amber Bock commerican w/ the girl getting tackled playing backyard football.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20060205/113920620000.html

NY Jay 05 02-06-2006 10:34 AM

I liked the "Magic Fridge" commercial. I think it was for either Bud or Miller Light.

themush 02-06-2006 10:38 AM

The caveman FedEx commercial I thought was the best.

boston_aloha 02-06-2006 12:23 PM

You mean "commercial that didn't suck the worst?". I thought pretty much all those commercials were bad. I'll agree with BDS on this one and say the Amber Bock was the best.

MountaineerDave 02-06-2006 12:37 PM

Missed the Amber Bock that you guys are talking about. I liked the Fed Ex caveman one. For the most part, though, I was pacing around groaning about losing 20-0 till about halfway through the second quarter, so I missed a ton of ads.

Titans100 02-06-2006 12:43 PM

I thought that Whopper commercial was pretty creative especially the ending, props to the "magic fridge" and the crowd at the football game that made the beer pour into the glass and then the glass went empty, that's was cool too.

boston_aloha 02-06-2006 01:25 PM

Notice my signature. I did not see the Leonard Nimoy pain-reliever add... anyone see this?

NY Jay 05 02-06-2006 01:40 PM

^ I did. The ad had the whole Trekkie thing goin on.

boston_aloha 02-06-2006 01:51 PM

Must of missed it... we had quite a SB party going on... lots of action. Someone ALWAYS passes out by halftime at my SB party, and keeping with SB tradition (3rd year in a row) we gave that guy a "hotfoot". (For those that do not remember the old hotfoot, Bugs Bunny used to give them all the time... put a match in between your toes..)
Also, (on a serious note) we had one guy almost choke!! He started drooling and headed for the door... and of course I yell at him "If you're gonna puke, go outside damn it!!!" Then he grabbed his throat and we knew it was serious. I gave him the hymlic, but it didn't work, my brother then tried and lifted him about 2 feet off the ground and the steak slid right out of his mouth. It was pretty funny after that... he held onto his beer the whole time - which was kind of funny. No one was hurt - so it all turned to laughter :lol:

Marc 02-07-2006 05:05 PM

I had seen several of the commercials before they aired during the game, so they weren't that special. The monkey thing is overdone, the Pepsi one was lame (as was the nasty "brown bubbly" slogan), and it's too bad GoDaddy had to be so tame this year. Damn FCC. We should all follow Howard to satellite!

MountaineerDave 02-07-2006 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc
I had seen several of the commercials before they aired during the game, so they weren't that special. The monkey thing is overdone, the Pepsi one was lame (as was the nasty "brown bubbly" slogan), and it's too bad GoDaddy had to be so tame this year. Damn FCC. We should all follow Howard to satellite!

I agree with everything but the final comment, Marc. I shouldn't have to pay for my daily dose of indecency. I should be able to view it at my leisure... :)

Anthony 02-08-2006 04:25 AM

I've already got next year's best Super Bowl commercial "spolied" so to speak:

It will be a Chunky Soup commercial which will start with Leonard Nimoy wearing a midnight-green toga, strumming a harp and singing the "Bitter Dregs" song from the Star Trek episode Plato's Stepchildren. After he finishes, Wilma McNabb comes on the screen and says, "And now, let the revels begin" (also a line from that same Star Trek episode), whereupon her son Donovan - on crutches, still not fully recovered from his recent career-ending injury - and Todd Pinkston come out; then, after Harry Kalas does his thing, the commercial ends with all except Pinkston eating Chunky Soup, Pinkston standing in front of a broken bowl of soup after he dropped it!

Titans100 02-08-2006 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc

I caught word online that since the girl in goDaddy comm is a current WWE wrestling girl, that they were going to show the whole ad, "uncensored" on monday night's program. I watched it, nothing special, it's just shows her crawling on all fours across the desk and being really physical on the old man in the chair.

boston_aloha 02-08-2006 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony
I've already got next year's best Super Bowl commercial "spolied" so to speak:

It will be a Chunky Soup commercial which will start with Leonard Nimoy wearing a midnight-green toga, strumming a harp and singing the "Bitter Dregs" song from the Star Trek episode Plato's Stepchildren. After he finishes, Wilma McNabb comes on the screen and says, "And now, let the revels begin" (also a line from that same Star Trek episode), whereupon her son Donovan - on crutches, still not fully recovered from his recent career-ending injury - and Todd Pinkston come out; then, after Harry Kalas does his thing, the commercial ends with all except Pinkston eating Chunky Soup, Pinkston standing in front of a broken bowl of soup after he dropped it!

I am so sick of McNabb's mother... I wish she would go away! Loud, annoying woman in those darn commercials. Anyone see the SNL Tom Brady hosted? The final skit, Manning (Seth ??) & McNabb (Tracy Morgan) are giving Brady static because he got to host. Then McNabb's mom (played by the overweight guy) comes in all loud w/ her fur coat "uh-ah.. How come my baby ain't hosten the show?!!!" McNabb says "Mom, he did win the Superb--" Then she smacks him and says "Don't defend him stupid!!". It was pretty funny.
Anyways, hey Anthony - I take it you are a Trekkie from your post. Hope my signature didn't offend you. :D

Anthony 02-09-2006 01:37 AM

Actually it's my (older) brother who is the big Trekkie in my family.