Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   National Football League (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   NFL Draft 2006 (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=13317)

Pimpbot 01-03-2006 09:08 AM

Hagen has pro written all over him and that 4.55 that you quoted Anthony, is incorrect from what I've read and watched this year. He's an under 4.5 40 guy.

Anthony 01-03-2006 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Hagen (sic) has pro written all over him and that 4.55 that you quoted Anthony, is incorrect from what I've read and watched this year. He's an under 4.5 40 guy.

NFL Draft Scout has Hagan at 4.50 - nowhere near as fast as Santonio Holmes, who is quoted at under 4.30 in some places, or Martin Nance, for whom a 4.33 is listed.

I'm not saying that Hagan won't make an impact in the NFL - just that Holmes or Nance would be far more suitable for a speed-starved team like the Eagles (Hagan would be ideal for the Colts if, as expected, they lose Reggie Wayne in free agency).

Dublin Mike 01-03-2006 07:52 PM

Showing my homerism, but how far has DJ Shockley moved himself up in the draft this season? A good arm and great athleticism. And will he play QB, or go the athlete route, i.e. Hines Ward, Matt Jones, A. Randle-El?

Dublin Mike 01-03-2006 07:56 PM

One other thing. WTF is w/all these press members saying Leinart should pull an Eli. Last year they were ripping this Manning, now they are saying Leinart should hold out on the Saints. If he does, the NFL has to come in and put a stop to it. If they don't, there is no point in having the draft, just make all the players coming out free agents.

NY Jay 05 01-03-2006 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublin Mike
Showing my homerism, but how far has DJ Shockley moved himself up in the draft this season? A good arm and great athleticism. And will he play QB, or go the athlete route, i.e. Hines Ward, Matt Jones, A. Randle-El?

I think he will definitley go as a late-rounder. So far I would see no reason not to keep him at QB.

bama4256 01-03-2006 08:04 PM

I liked to see New England get linebacker A.J. Hawk.

boston_aloha 01-03-2006 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bama4256
I liked to see New England get linebacker A.J. Hawk.

I 2nd that!!!! :D

NY Jay 05 01-03-2006 08:26 PM

Why would the Pats need another LB? Brushci, Vrabel, McGinest...

boston_aloha 01-03-2006 09:02 PM

Cause one of their stars has gotta get injured next season or it wouldn't be a "normal" season for the Pats... so I say load up on LB's :D

Pimpbot 01-03-2006 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY Jay 05
Why would the Pats need another LB? Brushci, Vrabel, McGinest...

How much more does McGinest have in the tank, same with Brushci?

NY Jay 05 01-03-2006 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
How much more does McGinest have in the tank, same with Brushci?

I haven't seen any signs of either slowing down. Why would Bruschi have come back after a stroke if he didn't think he could last for a few more seasons?

Anthony 01-04-2006 12:31 AM

The Patriots better be proactive in filling needs this spring because if the Dolphins get their flippers on any kind of quarterback, the Pats will find themselves checking out the wild-card scenarios next year.

El Jefe 01-04-2006 05:39 PM

Jimmy Williams, AJ Hawk, Kiwanuka...that works for me as a Niners fan, but man I'll still be mourning over the loss of having the Helix High backfield for a long, long time.

boston_aloha 01-05-2006 08:37 PM

Who will (or should) draft V. Young? Would you want him leading your team?
I'll answer my 2nd question 1st: NO. Two words - M. Vick. This kid (Young) has so much talent, speed & athleticism - but I just see another M. Vick running around till he gets hit too hard. That style has never worked in the NFL - but then again, how much of it have we seen? Can one coach install that style into a winning system? (OK, I'm asking too many questions)
Who should draft V. Young: Maybe the Saints. If they don't get a shot at Leinart, maybe they could start over w/ Young. Although some may be dissappointed and say he's another Aaron Brooks - but I highly doubt that.

NY Jay 05 01-05-2006 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boston_aloha
Who will (or should) draft V. Young? Would you want him leading your team?
I'll answer my 2nd question 1st: NO. Two words - M. Vick. This kid (Young) has so much talent, speed & athleticism - but I just see another M. Vick running around till he gets hit too hard. That style has never worked in the NFL - but then again, how much of it have we seen? Can one coach install that style into a winning system? (OK, I'm asking too many questions)
Who should draft V. Young: Maybe the Saints. If they don't get a shot at Leinart, maybe they could start over w/ Young. Although some may be dissappointed and say he's another Aaron Brooks - but I highly doubt that.

Vince Young can definitley be successful in the NFL, as long as he makes better decisions than Vick and doesn't make wild erratic throws frequently.