Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   College Football (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Jimmy Clausen Not Participating In Drills At Combine (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=22945)

themush 02-18-2010 05:17 PM

Jimmy Clausen Not Participating In Drills At Combine

Report: Clausen still recovering

Jimmy Clausen will have to impress teams with his head, not his arm, at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis next week.

During an interview on Sirius NFL Radio, the Notre Dame quarterback said that recovery from surgery to repair tendon damage in his right toe will prevent him from participating in drills.

"I'm planning on doing all the interviews and, obviously, being seen by the doctors so they can see my toe, but my toe isn't ready to go right now," Clausen said, according to NFL.com.

Report: Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen can't do drills at combine - ESPN

NAR(cotics) 02-18-2010 05:39 PM

Unfortunately, for him, this will probably affect his draft stock a little bit.

themush 02-18-2010 05:49 PM

Idk, maybe. He has the intangibles the scouts like, he should be just fine as long as the recovery time isn't to long.

NAR(cotics) 02-18-2010 05:57 PM

I still think he'll be a top 10 pick but I do think this could be a problem if a top 5 team was looking at him. The scouts tend to be very nitpicky with certain things. I think he's definately a top 10 pick and I hope he is still a top 5 pick.

Marc 02-20-2010 09:27 AM

I think it'll definitely hurt his stock, as teams put a lot (too much) weight on combine performance. Isn't Bradford supposed to be the top QB, though injury problems may hurt his stock, too?

doublee 02-20-2010 04:59 PM

As long as he is able to throw for scouts during Notre Dame's pro day this will have little to no bearing on his draft status. Besides the injury is with his toe and not his arm or shoulder.

It is considered a toss up right now as to who the top QB will be in the draft. Clausen could easily be the guy if Bradford does not perform well when he throws for scouts at OU's pro day.

NAR(cotics) 02-21-2010 03:59 PM

Most people are saying Bradford tho, but if he doesn't perform well that will chagne.

themush 02-21-2010 05:21 PM

I think I would be a lot more comfortable with a healthy Clausen over a healthy Bradford.

doublee 02-21-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAR(cotics) (Post 300179)
Most people are saying Bradford tho, but if he doesn't perform well that will chagne.

I think Bradford has a slight edge, but, I have seen plenty of "experts" claiming Clausen could be the guy simply because he played in a pro style offense at Notre Dame while Bradford did not.

NAR(cotics) 02-21-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublee (Post 300182)
I think Bradford has a slight edge, but, I have seen plenty of "experts" claiming Clausen could be the guy simply because he played in a pro style offense at Notre Dame while Bradford did not.

Yes the same pro style offense that produced the stud that is Brady Quinn, you know the best QB in Browns history...

...sorry I love Quinn, I have a Quinn jersey, and I want to see him perform well, but "experts" sang all Quinn's praises and look at him now.

doublee 02-21-2010 08:37 PM

Quinn is not the best example though. Look what he has had to work with in Cleveland. Not as though Stoops has ever produced any pro quarterbacks of note either though.

Anthony 04-16-2010 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAR(cotics) (Post 300145)
Unfortunately, for him, this will probably affect his draft stock a little bit.

But perhaps fortunately for 49ers fans?

NAR(cotics) 04-16-2010 02:03 PM

I want him to go to Cleveland lol. Cleveland needs a real QB...Seneca Wallace is a good backup and JAKE DELHOMME??

doublee 04-16-2010 02:24 PM

Delhomme is just a place holder for the guy they get in the draft. The hot rumor right now is Holmgren is trying to figure out how to land Bradford. My guess is they will end up with Colt McCoy in the second round. From what I have read Holmgren seems to like McCoy quite a bit.

NAR(cotics) 04-16-2010 04:48 PM

I know from reading the papers around here that Holmgren was quoted as saying "I wish we liked him more," about Clausen. But there is a hot rumor among the papers saying the scouts have been moving him up Cleveland's draft board now. Holmgren is apparently starting to like him more too.
But that's just the rumor here.