Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   National Football League (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The best play-offs in a long time part II (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=11476)

MaddEnemy 01-08-2005 09:00 PM

The best play-offs in a long time part II

The last "The best play-offs in a long time" went off track and got closed. I am opening this up as part II in hopes we can discuss the playoff games that are going on now and until the Super Bowl.

St. Louis VS. Seattle

Very good 1st playoff game I must say. Both teams were middle of the pack but gave us a good show tonight. When it comes down to the last play of the game.... Awesome!

Come on Chargers

MaddEnemy 01-09-2005 12:06 AM

Posted before Brees starts the drive to tie.

This is it, can Brees drive them down the field to tie the game? If he can, and the Chargers win you would think Rivers will be in a new uniform next year. Let us see what Brees is all about....

jhuerbin88 01-09-2005 01:12 AM

Well Brees got down there...but the Jets came up with the win.

I seriously did not expect the Jets to win tonight.

ESP0704 01-09-2005 01:32 AM

Yeah; that looks good for the Stillirs; two touchdowns -- maybe even one -- ought to be enough to beat the Jets.

MaddEnemy 01-09-2005 11:12 AM

Well Brees did his job and everything went SD way until the FG. I just don't understand why SD didn't kick the FG on 2nd, 3rd and 4th down or at least on 3rd down. That is what you get letting a rookie try the FG I guess.

gconnhokiebird 01-09-2005 02:24 PM

San Deigo should have tried to get it closer. The Jets could not stop them. They should have just continued to those tosses and screnns to Tomilonson and get it down closer. instead, lackluster runs up the middle for 1 yard.

HibachiDG 01-09-2005 03:18 PM

That was a pretty good day of football yesterday. Pretty damn good, really. All week I haven't had an ounce of anticipation for any of these games. For some reason I went to searching the newspaper for what college hoops games were on to getting amped for the Rams/Seahawks game, and I'm glad I got excited for it because it was a very entertaining game.

MaddEnemy 01-09-2005 03:47 PM

Move over RAMS

The Greatest Show on Turf belongs to the Colt's!

bombers fan 01-09-2005 09:43 PM

Jets won and that FG should have never even taken place. If Eric Barton did not commit a roughing the passer on 4th down Jets would have won the game without going into OT.
The thing that makes this win even sweeter is that for a whole week I watched the Jets get ragged on by everybody on Sportscenter NFL live and any other show that talked about the game. Now im gonna be waiting for them to say that the Jets did what they said the would do and thats why they won or sum other crap praising the jets.

MaddEnemy 01-10-2005 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bombers fan
Jets won and that FG should have never even taken place. If Eric Barton did not commit a roughing the passer on 4th down Jets would have won the game without going into OT.

Good point!

MountaineerDave 01-10-2005 06:26 PM

Sunday's games left something to be desired, competitive-wise.

But, I agree with Doug. I was surprised to be entertained by both games on Saturday.

And, oddly, only one home team won in three games.
Meaningful?
Sounds like Anthony territory.

Dave

doublee 01-10-2005 07:05 PM

Am I the only one that was not overly impressed with the officiating this weekend? Seemed like the officials were missing a lot more calls than usual.

Eric Barton is so lucky the Jets pulled that one out on Saturday it is an awfully long walk from San Diego to New York.

MaddEnemy 01-10-2005 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by doublee
Am I the only one that was not overly impressed with the officiating this weekend? Seemed like the officials were missing a lot more calls than usual.
I liked the refs for once this weekend, they sort of just let them play ball.

MaddEnemy 01-12-2005 02:23 PM

Speaking of Refs, I also like the new policy the NFL is using regarding the officiating during the playoffs and Super Bowl. Now the NFL will use the officiating team instead of putting different refs in who they thought did well over the regular season. IMO this works out best.

MaddEnemy 01-15-2005 11:50 PM

Good job Falcon fans, I didn't think the Falcons would be as dominant as they were but wow.

Steeler fans, WTF? You let the Jet's take you to OT! :P Come on Colt's!