Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   College Football (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Opening Weekend... (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=17787)

buckeyefan78 08-08-2007 06:22 PM

Opening Weekend...

Which opening weekend game (aside from your own) are you looking forward to the most?

Click here to browse schedule...http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/schedules

My pick has to go to Illinois vs. Missouri in St. Louis.

The Big Ten will be favored in every game on opening weekend...and heavily in most...except this one. Ron Zook is expected to produce this year with a ton of returning talent and QB Juice Williams. Missouri has a high-powered offense led by QB Chase Daniel. The Tigers should test Zook's SEC style defense right off the bat in week one.

Alex 08-08-2007 07:59 PM

Washington State at Wisconsin

I'm curious to see how the Badgers adjust without John Stocco under center and how productive a slimmed down P.J. Hill is. And thanks to the new Big Ten deal putting 3:30 ABC regional games on ESPN in outer markets, I'll actually be able to watch this one.

Some others I'm interested in- Oklahoma State at Georgia, Kansas State at Auburn, Tennessee at Cal, and Florida State at Clemson on Monday night.

Dublin Mike 08-09-2007 10:01 PM

I'll be at OK State/UGA, but will try to catch as much of UT @ Cal as possible. Ga Tech @ Notre Dame.

edit: I'll be at a game w/a 6:45 kickoff. UT/Cal starts at 8. Don't think I'll see that one. Add Colorado/Colorado State

buckeyefan78 08-13-2007 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 253827)
Washington State at Wisconsin

I'm curious to see how the Badgers adjust without John Stocco under center and how productive a slimmed down P.J. Hill is. And thanks to the new Big Ten deal putting 3:30 ABC regional games on ESPN in outer markets, I'll actually be able to watch this one.

Some others I'm interested in- Oklahoma State at Georgia, Kansas State at Auburn, Tennessee at Cal, and Florida State at Clemson on Monday night.

Do you think WSU has a chance to beat Wisky though?

I can understand the excitement of change makin' you wanna see a game but the Badgers are 18-1 at home over the last 3 seasons. No way they lose.

Jeff Levers 08-13-2007 05:48 PM

I would have to say the Tenn-Cal game. Both teams look to be very good, and Cal will have the revenge factor working after getting beat by the Vols last year. I will also be very interested to see Ok State/Georgia.

buckeyefan78 08-13-2007 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Levers (Post 254131)
I would have to say the Tenn-Cal game. Both teams look to be very good, and Cal will have the revenge factor working after getting beat by the Vols last year. I will also be very interested to see Ok State/Georgia.

Tennessee's all-time winning percentage at Pac Ten schools: 33%

I'm takin' Cal.

Alex 08-13-2007 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 (Post 254112)
Do you think WSU has a chance to beat Wisky though?

I can understand the excitement of change makin' you wanna see a game but the Badgers are 18-1 at home over the last 3 seasons. No way they lose.

Nope. No chance in hell. But the Cougs are a decent team and will at least test Donovan and Hill. Better than trying to figure out watching them against Western Illinois or San Diego State.

grizzle_810 08-14-2007 04:56 PM

Michigan vs. Appalachian State

Michigan will obviously win. But the 1000 to 1 chance that they lose is enough for me to hope for it. Just a total I-AA backfire and embarassment. Ok, I have a problem with Michigan, sorry.

Alex 08-14-2007 07:38 PM

Michigan losing to Appy State would be, I don't even know how to describe it. There have been some major embarassments in college football but this one would have to take the cake.

bama4256 08-17-2007 12:10 PM

Doesn't Tenn and Cal play the first weekend of football or the second week?