Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Christian at Christmas Time (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=15919)

CKFresh 12-21-2006 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntheNet (Post 229098)
EVOLUTION IS UNTRUE, ASK ANY MONKEY!

Hahahaha, inthenet, you just proved to everyone that you don't understand the idea of evolution.

But you are right about one thing, it would take the intellect of a monkey to deny evolution.

RavenPoe 12-21-2006 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntheNet (Post 229098)
EVOLUTION IS UNTRUE, ASK ANY MONKEY!

We didn't evolve from apes. No scientist currently up to date believes that antiquated theory. It's more likely that humans and apes evolved at the same time. But it's all theory. The bottom line is that we don't know.

However, we can look under a microscope and watch bacteria evolve in one generation. We can watch as a string of proteins called a virus spontaneously spring to life. These things aren't theory anymore, they're fact.

Jaguar Rick 12-21-2006 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntheNet (Post 229098)
EVOLUTION IS UNTRUE, ASK ANY MONKEY!

IntheNet, You got one thing right, if you want to hear that Evolution is untrue, the person to ask is a monkey.

CKFresh 12-21-2006 05:16 PM

Rick, we said nearly the exact same thing, lol.

Cure 12-21-2006 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntheNet (Post 229098)
EVOLUTION IS UNTRUE, ASK ANY MONKEY!

(sigh)...Not sure why I'm bothering, but humans did not come from monkeys, and evolution doesn't say that. What is says is that humans and monkeys are decended from common ancestors. Could a Higher Power have "quickened" that ancestor to form humans? I doubt it, but we have no evidence as of yet that shows conclusively that isn't true. The same could be said about Big Bang Theory... a Higher Power could have initiated it. If you are saying that the Earth is only 6000 years old however...well if you believe that then you are ignoring every scientific discipline known to humanity. Might as well say everything is the way it is because of magic or pixies.

Jaguar Rick 12-21-2006 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenPoe (Post 229103)
We didn't evolve from apes. No scientist currently up to date believes that antiquated theory. It's more likely that humans and apes evolved at the same time. But it's all theory. The bottom line is that we don't know.

However, we can look under a microscope and watch bacteria evolve in one generation. We can watch as a string of proteins called a virus spontaneously spring to life. These things aren't theory anymore, they're fact.

I think you can prove evolution by the viruses and bacteria that are becoming resistant to antibiotics They are evidently evolving.

Jaguar Rick 12-21-2006 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKFresh (Post 229106)
Rick, we said nearly the exact same thing, lol.

You beat me to the punch. It was so easy.

CKFresh 12-21-2006 05:23 PM

You notice this won't say anything now that he realizes he has no idea what evolution is even about. How can you deny something you don't even understand?

RavenPoe 12-21-2006 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaguar Rick (Post 229108)
I think you can prove evolution by the viruses and bacteria that are becoming resistant to antibiotics They are evidently evolving.

Rick,

Not can, have. It's been proven beyond any doubt. We can apply antibodies to a bacteria under a microscope and watch them evolve around the antagonist. They resulting evolved bacteria are genetically different than the previous generation.

These facts have caused Christian scientists to invent the word "macroevolution". Since evolution was proven right before their very eyes, they needed another platform. We can't prove that high order mammals have ever evolved. It's unlikely that we'll ever be able to prove this conclusively.

eman484 12-21-2006 05:30 PM

CK, you should tone it down a little my friend. A few of your posts were becoming a little obnoxious and lumping all christians into one category. And you are being a bit of a hippicrit. You say don't force religion or beliefs on anyone and then you turn around and insult people who believe in the bible. Basically saying they have the intellect of a monkey. Now, I for one know that everything in the bible is not true, but I have family members who are pretty religious. Basically, you are saying to keep religion in church and nobody will bother you, but then you turn around and call people who believe in the bible morons. I just think it's a little narrow-minded to lump all christians together and say things like we are paranoid and that we think you are trying to steal our religion from us.

RavenPoe 12-21-2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKFresh (Post 229111)
You notice this won't say anything now that he realizes he has no idea what evolution is even about. How can you deny something you don't even understand?

CK :tsk:

Once again I'm gonna have to hang a lantern on this for you. You are here categorically denying religions of which you have little understanding. You are taking one stance "I don't believe" and applying it subjectively across the board. What he is doing is exactly the same in reverse.

CKFresh 12-21-2006 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman484 (Post 229115)
CK, you should tone it down a little my friend. A few of your posts were becoming a little obnoxious and lumping all christians into one category. And you are being a bit of a hippicrit. You say don't force religion or beliefs on anyone and then you turn around and insult people who believe in the bible. Basically saying they have the intellect of a monkey. Now, I for one know that everything in the bible is not true, but I have family members who are pretty religious. Basically, you are saying to keep religion in church and nobody will bother you, but then you turn around and call people who believe in the bible morons. I just think it's a little narrow-minded to lump all christians together and say things like we are paranoid and that we think you are trying to steal our religion from us.

Eman, you are wrong here man. I didn't insult any for being religious. I insulted people for pushing religion on others. Find me one place where I insult someone for believing in the Bible, you won't find it. Eman, seriously what the *&^* are you talking about.

CKFresh 12-21-2006 05:41 PM

Ravenpoe,
I have a great understanding of Christianity. I was raised Catholic and went to Church everyday until I was 14. So.... what are you talking about?

eman484 12-21-2006 05:46 PM

Quote:

NEWS FLASH:

Christians are in the majority in America, no one is trying to stop your practices, we just don't want to practice the same way. You people are honestly completely insane and paranoid. NO ONE WANTS TO TAKE YOUR RELIGION AWAY I PROMISE. WE ONLY WANT THE FREEDOM TO LEARN WHAT SCIENCE HAS PROVIDED US WITH.
This is one of your posts where you insult all Christians. I will get some more for you.

CKFresh 12-21-2006 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman484 (Post 229124)
This is one of your posts where you insult all Christians. I will get some more for you.

Please read all of the posts. I was saying that people who claim we are trying to take Christianity away are nuts, not all christians. Don't misinterpret my posts. I have repeatedly said there is nothing wrong with christianity or religion. I was specifically speaking of people who think there is a war on christianity.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.