Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Bizarro SC... (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=20380)

buckeyefan78 09-07-2008 05:01 PM

Bizarro SC...

It's hard to imagine, in our little myopic worlds, that SC was here before you started posting on the boards.

But the world before you does exist.

It's cold.

It's foreign.

It's unforgiving.

It's confusing.

SC THREAD FROM APRIL 19, 2001

Rick Dogg: I have decided to come back to regular posting for my own personal gain and satisfaction. I was looking at the Lounge, and I realized it just isnt the same without me! So I am comming back to save the Lounge from extinction.

Marc: Welcome back. Somehow, I knew you couldn't stay away too long. Let's get some intelligent discussions going on, things are a little quiet right now since several posters (Wedge and Jared) are both gone on vacation now.

iFroggy: Welcome back, Rick.

Kinda asked for this by eliminating post counts in the lounge didn't you, Marc?

Rick Dogg: No, I think people stopped posting because I stopped posting, and FL Tiger started posting.

Wedge231: Welcome back man. Nice to see you again. Just wasn't the same around here.

Rick Dogg: Thanks.

FL Tiger: Hmmmm. I don't know what my posts had anyone to do with stop posting here. I never made any personal attacks or called anyone names. I guess some of you people can't deal with frank criticism. Sounds like a personal problem to me.

Titandude: Who's getting on Tiger's case?

iFroggy: Tiger,

Knock it off and get over yourself already. The only power you have is the power to take threads off topic.

Rick (nor anyone else) said that he left because of you. If you possibly could look before you speak, you would have seen a previous post by Rick stating a reason that he is leaving, and guess what... you weren't mentioned.

The bottom line is a majority of your posts have been of a derogatory nature, now doesn't that sound like a "personal problem."

Another thread closed thanks to Tiger. (I think we need a new SC Award for this next year )

Again, welcome back Rick, thread closed.

THREAD GETS CLOSED

They fought. They laughed. They cried.

Just as we do now.

Will our fate follow their path?

I don't know...

Tarkus 09-07-2008 06:21 PM

:lol:

Gettin' philosophical, are we? :P

Brandon 09-07-2008 08:58 PM

Heh, that was a loooong time ago, I remember fraternizing with most of those long-gone guy. The landscape has changed since then and since I began my lengthy hiatus.

It made it interesting when the boards were 95% populated by pubescent teenagers.

Marc 09-09-2008 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon (Post 285891)
Heh, that was a loooong time ago, I remember fraternizing with most of those long-gone guy. The landscape has changed since then and since I began my lengthy hiatus.

It made it interesting when the boards were 95% populated by pubescent teenagers.

:lol: Brandon, I'm so glad you are back now and remember the "old days." And it truly was a bunch of teens. Maybe more talkative because we had less things to do you ... you know, responsibilities like family, work, jobs. I was a nerd in my parents' house, now I'm a crazy weekend warrior who stumbles in between parties and broads. Oh, how times change. :lol:

da12ken 10-22-2008 02:46 AM

When the hell did Brandon come back?

Man, I feel old remembering some of the times I've had here.

Richard the Lionheart 10-22-2008 07:00 PM

Buck, interestingly enough, Rick Dogg was actually me, so this world you have shown us does not predate me...although you are right, it was cold and frightening. We need Wedge back.

buckeyefan78 10-22-2008 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard the Lionheart (Post 288886)
Buck, interestingly enough, Rick Dogg was actually me, so this world you have shown us does not predate me...although you are right, it was cold and frightening. We need Wedge back.

You've had more names than P Diddy or Puffy or...

:P

Richard the Lionheart 10-22-2008 07:08 PM

Ha, that is true. There was a poster here a while back called Nate Dogg, and we entered into a kind of federation. This place was a hoot back in the old days.