Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   Site Feedback (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Classic SC - Your Favorite Threads (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=21913)

buckeyefan78 03-25-2009 09:11 PM

Classic SC - Your Favorite Threads
 
Post 'em if ya got 'em.

:thumbup:

Probably my favorite thread in here all-time was started by Ellis.

Blogs - The Biggest Waste of Space

https://www.sports-central.org/commu...est+waste+time

Fantastic stuff.

Ellis 03-27-2009 04:49 PM

My personal favorite:

Me and AIfan1330
https://www.sports-central.org/commu...ad.php?t=10721

ghostofSC 03-27-2009 06:23 PM

I'm a fan of anything that involved gconnhokiebird

Marc 03-30-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostofSC (Post 295491)
I'm a fan of anything that involved gconnhokiebird

I'm a fan of any thread where the ghost reveals himself (herself?). Tarkus, is that you?

buckeyefan78 03-30-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellis (Post 295490)
My personal favorite:

Me and AIfan1330
https://www.sports-central.org/commu...ad.php?t=10721

Yeah, that one was fantastic. The best part of it was the fact the conversation lasted 3 hours.

Here's another good one regarding signature vandals...

https://www.sports-central.org/commu...t=size+matters

Post #8 and #9 are awesome.

ghostofSC 03-30-2009 10:48 PM

It looks like that thread was also Shawndo's swan song at Sports-Central.

Here's another fun thread idea....let's find out what were the final threads for key members. Maybe we can find a pattern.

Ellis 03-31-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 (Post 295511)
Yeah, that one was fantastic. The best part of it was the fact the conversation lasted 3 hours.

Here's another good one regarding signature vandals...

https://www.sports-central.org/commu...t=size+matters

Post #8 and #9 are awesome.

On that thread: I remember expecting the moderators to find it as a light-hearted, playful jab, but it didn't go over that way :D

Marc 04-01-2009 02:55 PM

How about Sports Survivor?

https://www.sports-central.org/commu...ead.php?t=2718

ghostofSC 04-01-2009 06:26 PM

LeeManchur was a dick.

Ellis 04-01-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc (Post 295552)

Man, those were good. It's too bad that they were before my time here... looked like a lot of fun.

buckeyefan78 04-01-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellis (Post 295539)
On that thread: I remember expecting the moderators to find it as a light-hearted, playful jab, but it didn't go over that way :D

Few things rarely go over the way they were expected to here at SC.

:D

Marc 04-03-2009 09:02 PM

Did it ever occur to anyone that a major contributing factor to today's SCMB is that most of its former regulars were teens who grew up and moved on from message boards? A large number of us were just kids when I think about it, and just like things like MySpace lose their spark as their user base grows up and loses interest, I think that played a role here.

Ellis 04-05-2009 05:51 AM

Some random musings on a few of my favorite threads:

20,000 Posts Thread
Easily the most valuable thread in the community. Without it, it would be much harder to get to know the people on the forum. In fact, I felt that's what the old Games & Trivia Forum was so good for: getting to each other. All of the threads on that board brought the community closer.

I have a lot of good memories of staying up all night and posting with Nate and Tarkus in that thread. Another good thread was the 500 Pictures Game. I remember it started with Nate and I posting some of the most random pictures, and ended with a bunch of pictures of hot women. This was such a good time for SC: Franky was posting a lot, Tarkus was just emerging, and a lot of the old guys were still around, pitching in.

Somewhere along the line, I posted non-stop about poker in 20k thread. I kind of feel bad about that; I wish I could delete all of those posts-- they were a waste of time for everybody.

My favorite thread that I wrote was My Orientation Speech To All New Members… Buckeye didn't seem to get it at first, which made me feel like it had failed, but other people then ended up getting it :D

Fireworks and Ellis' Words Of Wisdom are both close seconds; I am really proud of creating both. I'd try and analyze them, but I think they speak for themselves; they're posts that I felt were dadaist in nature, but at the same time had a good message.

I don't know why, but I liked PirateBob's political campaign. It just goes to show that some really interesting characters have come and gone on this site.

Threads that I never really liked (the anti-favorites) were the ones in the political forum. We all could have done without reading CK and PhilAb. babble about nothing for 10 pages. However, DET and InTheNet were interesting. They tended to post just a few sentiences per post and they were always pretty strong statements. I wonder what those guys are like in real life. Do they live like that in real life? Never really backing up their statements, just whipping people with a few lines and then leaving the conversation with no doubt in their mind as to how right they are?

Anyways, that's about it for now. I'll add more later.

buckeyefan78 04-06-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellis (Post 295674)
Some random musings on a few of my favorite threads:

20,000 Posts Thread
Easily the most valuable thread in the community. Without it, it would be much harder to get to know the people on the forum. In fact, I felt that's what the old Games & Trivia Forum was so good for: getting to each other. All of the threads on that board brought the community closer.

Very true...though Dano's obsession with it at the end kinda creeped me out.

:uhoh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellis (Post 295674)
I have a lot of good memories of staying up all night and posting with Nate and Tarkus in that thread. Another good thread was the 500 Pictures Game. I remember it started with Nate and I posting some of the most random pictures, and ended with a bunch of pictures of hot women. This was such a good time for SC: Franky was posting a lot, Tarkus was just emerging, and a lot of the old guys were still around, pitching in.

I don't even remember the 500 Pictures Game. Either you're making it up or I'm on crack.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellis (Post 295674)
Somewhere along the line, I posted non-stop about poker in 20k thread. I kind of feel bad about that; I wish I could delete all of those posts-- they were a waste of time for everybody.

They were/are more interesting than 99% of the posts on this board so I wouldn't sweat it.

:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellis (Post 295674)
My favorite thread that I wrote was My Orientation Speech To All New Members… Buckeye didn't seem to get it at first, which made me feel like it had failed, but other people then ended up getting it :D

I'll have to look it up and see what it was all about. If I didn't get it at first I'd consider that a good thing though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellis (Post 295674)
Fireworks and Ellis' Words Of Wisdom are both close seconds; I am really proud of creating both. I'd try and analyze them, but I think they speak for themselves; they're posts that I felt were dadaist in nature, but at the same time had a good message.

It's always a plus here at SC to talk about yourself...and only yourself.

:P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellis (Post 295674)
I don't know why, but I liked PirateBob's political campaign. It just goes to show that some really interesting characters have come and gone on this site.

Guys like him and Dano make me appear as if I've actually aged somewhat gracefully. So while annoyed at their existence in general, I guess I should feel somewhat glad they came around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellis (Post 295674)
Threads that I never really liked (the anti-favorites) were the ones in the political forum. We all could have done without reading CK and PhilAb. babble about nothing for 10 pages.

It was mainstream view vs. mainstream view. Just think of it as Fox News without those sexy fascist b-itches they have doing the news breaks.

http://www.foxnews.com/images/354003/0_61_320_kelly.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellis (Post 295674)
However, DET and InTheNet were interesting. They tended to post just a few sentiences per post and they were always pretty strong statements. I wonder what those guys are like in real life. Do they live like that in real life? Never really backing up their statements, just whipping people with a few lines and then leaving the conversation with no doubt in their mind as to how right they are?

InTheNet was pretty much a troll basically because he could angle things for himself. DET is just giving us line by line from the press release.

CKFresh 04-07-2009 06:50 PM

Quick point on the political threads...

No one was forcing you to read anything.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.