Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   National Basketball Association (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Western Semifinals: (1) Sacramento vs. (4) Dallas | SAC WINS 4-1 (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=3868)

Spike 04-30-2002 01:55 AM

(1) Sacramento vs. (4) Dallas, 2002 Western Conference Semifinals

Well here it is. The Mavericks vs. the Kings. This should be fun, hehe. It's going to be a track meet. What's everyone's predictions?

Yeah I know what's coming. Everyone here is going to pick the Mavericks so I'll be the one guy to pick the Kings.

Kings in 7.

Bama, may the best team win. Put up your fists too! Let's fight! :D

air_canada 04-30-2002 05:43 PM

Kings in 7. :D

Dallas has no defense.

Marc 04-30-2002 06:20 PM

(1) Sacramento vs. (4) Dallas

This should be a real beauty - the winner could very well win the title, but we are in for at least four (likely six or seven) exciting, fast-paced, high-scoring games. Get ready! My prediction is Mavs in 7 - they have way too many weapons for anyone.

Bran 04-30-2002 06:29 PM

Mavericks in 6.

air_canada 04-30-2002 06:45 PM

I just noticed your sig, Brian. Good one. :D

Nate 04-30-2002 11:51 PM

I'm pulling for the Mavs in this one. Dallas in 7.

NickHammy 05-01-2002 12:08 AM

I agree w/ Nate :uhoh:
Dallas in 7.

Marc 05-01-2002 10:34 AM

Funny that no one is going with the top seed and best record in the league.

air_canada 05-01-2002 04:48 PM

Me and Spike did. :D

Marc 05-02-2002 05:12 PM

I was judging just from the poll - get your vote in. :D

lmanchur. 05-04-2002 12:09 AM

Well, Lee's Line says Mavs in 6, so there should be no futher pre-series discussion ;) :nod: :D

Spike 05-04-2002 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by air_canada:

Kings in 7. :D

Dallas has no defense.
Whoa, I got one supporter.

Thanks, Sam. :D

I think this series will be a lot closer than people think. These 2 teams are very evenly matched. You've got the highest scoring team in the N.B.A. (the Mavericks) and the 2nd highest scoring team in the N.B.A. (the Kings). You've got the best road team in the league (the Mavericks) and the 2nd best road team in the league (the Kings).

I think the Mavericks are a little better overall in the backcourt and the Kings are little better overall in the frontcourt.

Both teams like to run but the Kings needs to slow it up some sequences down the floor to win this series I think because the Mavericks are the one team that can outrun the Kings.

Another key is Vlade Divac and Chris Webber need to keep their butts in the post a lot (a lot more than in the Utah series) to get rebounds and get high percentage shots inside to win this series.

I would have Doug Christie guard Steve Nash to short circuit him. Dirk Nowitski is unstoppable so I would forget about him. There's nothing you can do there. On the other side of it, Dirk is a horrible defender. Chris Webber should be able to put the ball on the floor and drive around him easily and punish him in the post with hook shots.

air_canada 05-04-2002 09:29 AM

I think Divac and Webber will have to do a better job. You can't beat the Mavs with perimeter shooting, or they'll pick up the defensive rebound and start up the fast break, which in time could be dangerous.

Bran 05-04-2002 01:24 PM

Thanks air_canada :D

Who cares about defence when you can score 120 a night?? Dallas doesnt need to play defence, they can easily outscore Sacremento. Mine still stand Dallas in 6.

However though it wont be so easy for Dallas because I dont expect the Kings to just roll over and die they'll put up a great fight. Will we see Webber step up in the 4th quarter?? Remains to be seen.

The J 05-04-2002 03:37 PM

Although it is the trendy reason to pick the mvas, it's true. They have six or seven possible starters, all capiable of putting up 25 a night. I'll take the Mavs in 6.