Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   National Football League (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   NFC Champions - Seattle Seahawks (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=13347)

Heathen 01-22-2006 11:18 PM

NFC Champions - Seattle Seahawks

YEEEAAAAHHH BABY!!!

What more can I say. We SHUT DOWN Steve Smith and had a great game on both sides of the ball.

Bring on the Steelers.... we're ready!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

NY Jay 05 01-22-2006 11:19 PM

It's nice to see the Seahawks finally make it to the big game. Congrats!

jhuerbin88 01-22-2006 11:31 PM

Congrats, but your Seahawks are gonna fly home empty handed from Detroit in a couple weeks ;)

SeahawKnDC 01-23-2006 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhuerbin88
Congrats, but your Seahawks are gonna fly home empty handed from Detroit in a couple weeks ;)

Another Hater!!!
It the same thing game after game. The Seahawks get no respect. All we do is win everygame that the sports world basically gives us no chance to win. When will you respect us. Well you what i have come to realize the Hawks wont get the respect we deserve until we win it all. Hopefully that will come this February. Finally the Seahawks have made it to the Superbowl. All you die hard fans out there join me in one BIG WE TOLD YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!:lol:
I love IT!!!

Hasselbeck 20/28 Unfreakin believable.

jhuerbin88 01-23-2006 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeahawKnDC
Another Hater!!!
It the same thing game after game. The Seahawks get no respect. All we do is win everygame that the sports world basically gives us no chance to win. When will you respect us. Well you what i have come to realize the Hawks wont get the respect we deserve until we win it all. Hopefully that will come this February. Finally the Seahawks have made it to the Superbowl. All you die hard fans out there join me in one BIG WE TOLD YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!:lol:
I love IT!!!

Haha...I gave you guys the respect, but you don't give the Steelers the respect. Number six seed, beat 1-2-3 seeds, on the road.

Roethlisberger 21/29 is pretty freakin unbelievable!

blackdogsong 01-23-2006 10:14 AM

It's hard to respect the Seahawks NFC title victory when it was over a team that was down to the 4th string running back, who they gave 4 rushing attempts. Then as a suprise to no one they were unable to run the football which led to triple coverage on Steve Smith killing the passing game.

Steelers will win the Super Bowl by double digits.

Quote:

Then what do you call Ben's 21-29, 275 yds, 2 TDs plus 1 rushing TD?

Hasselbeck had 27 rushing yards, which topped the Panthers top rusher (Robertson with 19 yards)

Anthony 01-23-2006 01:14 PM

If Pittsburgh does win, it would make more sense in one respect: It would be far more plausible for the Seahawks to finish below .500 next year - and thus keep the infamous Super Bowl Runner-Up Jinx going - than if the Steelers lost; all that would really need to happen is for Seattle's defense to turn out to be a one-year flash in the pan - and come to think of it, there really wasn't even that much of a "flash," since the Seahawks finished exactly in the middle of the NFL in total defense this year, as they ranked tied (with Cleveland) for 16th in a 32-team league - and the 316.8 yards per game they allowed was actually a shade worse than the league average, which was 315.9.

blackdogsong 01-23-2006 02:10 PM

Anthony is correct on all counts. the Seahawks defense, and I'd say the same for the Colts, is mediocre at best. their good numbers, like turnovers and sacks, are a product of playing some of the worst teams in the NFL and playing in it's worst division this season then actual talent. Seahawks will be exposed as the best team from a watered down NFC and would have lost a Super Bowl to any AFC playoff team expect for Jacksonville and Cincinnati without Carson Palmer.

SeahawKnDC 01-23-2006 02:24 PM

Stop Hateing. All of you. The fact is the Seahawks are better then each and every one of your favorite teams. Why? you ask. Because they are in the Superbowl and your teams are not.(unless you our are a steelers fan). The fact is the seahawks have one 15 games this year and lost 3, they just one the NFC title game. Stop bringing up these meaningless points about what could have happend have happend this easeon and what might happen next seaseon. Nothing will change the fact that on Feb 5 the Seahawks will be playing for the world championship. DEAL WITH IT!!! ;)

boston_aloha 01-23-2006 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeahawKnDC
Another Hater!!!
It the same thing game after game. The Seahawks get no respect

How can say they get no respect when they have the NFL's leading rusher and MVP??? SeaHawks get much respect.... its the NFC that gets no respect - there's a difference. Happy B-day BTW - and congrats on your Hawks. :D

SeahawKnDC 01-23-2006 04:16 PM

Thanks for the B-Day wishes Boston. And your right the NFC gets no respect.

boston_aloha 01-23-2006 05:00 PM

Yeah, I gotta say its pretty sad when the #1, I'll say it again number one team in the NFC is the UNDERDOG against the #6 team in the AFC!!!

NY Jay 05 01-23-2006 05:07 PM

The AFC is a better conference, hence the more respect.

boston_aloha 01-23-2006 05:10 PM

No doubt AFC is the better conference, they've won 5 of the last 7 superbowls

SeahawKnDC 01-24-2006 12:19 AM

Alot of times a win does not validate one team being better then another. You cant possibly believe the Steelers are better then the Colts yet they won the game. Just goes to show on Any Given Sunday any team can win. Just a matter of preparation and excecution.