Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   My Bama parody (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=11729)

ESP0704 02-13-2005 01:07 AM

My Bama parody

In the book of Genesis, God gives man dominion over the planet and all the creatures thereupon.

In the book of Matthew (the Parable of the Talents) Jesus illustrates that God will call us to answer for abusing the resources we've been given.

Therefore almost everyone who drives an SUV is sinning against God and is going to hell. The same for anyone who drives a Hummer and isn't currently wearing a military uniform.

Exceptions will be made for those who actually need a heavy-duty off-road vehicle for heavy-duty off-road work. But most people who drive SUVs and Hummers are merely driving them from their gated suburban paradises to the parking garages in their downtown office buildings.

Those people are going to hell.

This isn't an original thought. A few years ago, a left-wing Christian group launched the "What Would Jesus Drive" campaign.
Someone at my church, who totally missed the point, said that because Jesus was a carpenter who traveled with about a dozen of his closest friends, he probably would have driven a pickup truck, with a rack for his ladder and tools.

Maybe that's how it was -- and Judas just got ticked off after one too many times falling out the tailgate.

Anyway, the point of the "Jesus Drive" campaign is that environmentalism is a Christian value -- and those of you who are driving gas guzzlers without good reason will have God to answer to.

Tarkus 02-13-2005 01:09 AM

:lol: , ESP....

I guess I'm safe with my Ford F150 since I'm a carpenter...:)

Pimpbot 02-13-2005 10:55 AM

I have a 2005 Ford Focus. So I'm safe from God's wrath. lol

Pimpbot 02-13-2005 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tarkus
:lol: , ESP....

I guess I'm safe with my Ford F150 since I'm a carpenter...:)

Unless of course....Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.

:D

Tarkus 02-13-2005 12:04 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , Pimp...

Great...... that sounds like a worse sin.

Now where did I put my American Express Anti-Lightning Strike helmet ("Don't be smote down without it")???

KevinBeane 02-13-2005 01:02 PM

You know what? Everyone here knows where I stand in terms of my political and religious beliefs, and my opinion of Bama.

But I also have to have to answer to Ricky's ridiculous claims of hypocrisy all the time.

Maybe if this was JUST about Environmentalism from a Christian perspective, it'd be okay, but I'm uneasy that you have framed it around a let's-make-fun-of-Bama post. We WOULD be up in arms if someone created a thread just to mock certain other people. Eric, your thread was hilarious IMO, but I'm shuttin' her down.