Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   National Football League (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   [superbowl xxxviii] PANTHERS vs PATRIOTS (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=9107)

Skinswin 01-21-2004 12:06 AM

The Marlins won the World Series then the Panthers can win the Superbowl.

jonnyboone71923 01-21-2004 12:53 PM

The Panthers have accomplished a lot this season.

Heathen 01-21-2004 02:55 PM

Pats will win... but I doubt it'll be a good game.

Cubs88 01-21-2004 07:38 PM

Panthers win........

13-10. Pats D is so solid. Yet everyone knows Carolina's game-plan and they still do it successfully. Run, Run, Run, run, pass, run, run, run.......you get the point.

I like the diversity in Carolina's two backs. Davis being a plow em over type runner, Foster being a get around the corner and go guy.

Carolina's Key Factor: Steve Smith/ Mushin Muhammad

If these two guys don't let the Pat's D do what they did to Indy, then look for the timely play action for big gains.

Marc 01-21-2004 07:41 PM

Pats 24-21.

Packers3045 01-21-2004 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Marc
Pats 24-21.
I dont think the game will that high scoring since both teams are better known for their defense.

trayhezy 01-21-2004 09:12 PM

Panthers win............because there will be no snow in Houston

Packers3045 01-21-2004 09:34 PM

the patriots didnt win all of their games in the snow. They won games in September, October, and November. It didnt snow then. The pats are still one of the best teams in the nfl without the weather factor.

Serra 01-22-2004 12:41 PM

Take the over (38) and the Pats -7.

Pats - 35
Cats - 7

The Pats will score on all 3 aspects of the game, offense, deffense and special teams.

panthers_fan72 01-22-2004 08:01 PM

I'm with the Panthers to win too! They have no doubt had a great season and should take this game without too much trouble.

Packers3045 01-22-2004 08:09 PM

:cheers: Welcome !!!! :cheers:

Kornbix 01-23-2004 02:15 PM

WHy Patriots will win

Hey guys havent been on in forever and probably wont be for a while. The Patriots will win people they have been there and the have won it. This team is a dynasty guys they wont lose. And i got a $200 on em. So god help em.

jonnyboone71923 01-23-2004 08:22 PM

This is going to be a long weekend. No NFL!!!! This wait is killing me. I don't know what I will do this weekend. Hopefully there will be some entertaining college basketball on. Is anybody else dreading this weekend as well?

Packers3045 01-23-2004 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jonnyboone71923
This is going to be a long weekend. No NFL!!!! This wait is killing me. I don't know what I will do this weekend. Hopefully there will be some entertaining college basketball on. Is anybody else dreading this weekend as well?
^^^^^^ I wouldnt mind a consolation game between the two losers in the Conference Championship Games. That way we'll be entertained and it would determine the third place team

franky 01-23-2004 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jonnyboone71923
I'm not that much into basketball, but I will watch it if there is no football on.

I remember they had a few Superbowls where they only had the one week break between conference championships and the Superbowl. Normally they have done the 2 week thing: I suppose it is to drum up suspence, maybe let some injuries heal, and make it a HUGE deal...it also gives the teams one more week to yap about themselves and the other team. By the time they get to the kickoff on Superbowl Sunday, the media is usually discussing what the two starting quarterbacks had for breakfast or some topic along those lines...I guess it is a good thing in a way, but sometimes it gets a little old hearing so much hoopla...

Just a side question here: Would anyone like the idea of a Superbowl being on Saturday instead of Sunday? I know I might be offending the football purists (because football and Sunday go together like peanut butter and jelly), but personally I think it is an idea worth considering...And no one would have to call in sick on Monday :)