Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   Site Feedback (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Welcome to the new SCMB (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=12786)

Marc 10-08-2005 10:46 PM

Big upgrade and new design soon

Nate and I have been slowly but surely working on a major upgrade around here. It'll bring a new look that matches the main site and plenty of neat features to all of you.

I have a four-day weekend, so it is my goal to have it up by this Tuesday. Obviously, this is a big ordeal and very stressful, and I'll do my best. :P There will definitely be some downtime during the process, so don't be alarmed. Just be aware that I am working on it. If worst comes to worst, I will have backups of everything, so no data should be lost. Of course, we could just start over and it'd be a cinch, but the whole importing old data and upgrading it thing is what complicates it.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know. We're long overdo for this and I figure it's time to join the year 2005. If it's down, just try back later. Thanks.

blackdogsong 10-08-2005 11:41 PM

hot sauce.

Marc 10-10-2005 06:25 PM

It looks like the site will be down Tuesday around noon, give or take a few hours. If all goes well, this place will look totally different. :)

Marc 10-12-2005 07:34 PM

A day late, but it's done now! What do you all think? We're not done by all means, as there will still be some minor changes like the icons in the posts will have matching colors.

jhuerbin88 10-12-2005 07:59 PM

Wow.

Looks good, Marc. Props.

It's just going to take some time to get used to it.

themush 10-12-2005 08:30 PM

Outstanding

doublee 10-12-2005 08:41 PM

I like it except for the pukey looking bars on parts of the pages. The color just seems to clash a bit with overall color scheme.

Marc 10-12-2005 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublee
I like it except for the pukey looking bars on parts of the pages. The color just seems to clash a bit with overall color scheme.

The green-ish ones? That's just it — they and the blue are the color scheme. And you hopefully noticed this is the same scheme we use on the main site. Luckily, the colors can be easily changed, but I like the contrast and it makes things less dreary.

KevinBeane 10-12-2005 09:52 PM

I like the look a lot, but it looks that for the moment, moderators aren't identified as such anymore, and you know how I like wave my moderator badge in everybody's face and so forth....

...Oh yeah, and I really don't like the "There are X posts in X threads since your last visit" hyperlink gone (or maybe I'm just not finding it). Hopefully that functionality will be restored....

Marc 10-12-2005 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinBeane
I like the look a lot, but it looks that for the moment, moderators aren't identified as such anymore, and you know how I like wave my moderator badge in everybody's face and so forth....

...Oh yeah, and I really don't like the "There are X posts in X threads since your last visit" hyperlink gone (or maybe I'm just not finding it). Hopefully that functionality will be restored....

Click on "New Posts" at the top center and it's the same thing. Believe me, this has way more than before and beyond. It's ridiculous how much I can do with it. There are little expanding menus all over (notice the arrows) and you can even minimize things like the quick reply box and posting rules at the bottom.

As for mod badges, don't worry, there is a way to make mod usernames bolded/italicized, and I'm working on it.

Nate 10-12-2005 11:13 PM

Eh, too bad my design was butchered. ;) j/k, Marc.

NY Jay 05 10-12-2005 11:27 PM

Looks spiffy.

catman 10-13-2005 12:55 AM

Very nice new look, Marc.

Tarkus 10-13-2005 01:21 AM

I hate it.....

Just kiddin' :D

Great job, guys

It's like a new set of duds...(translation for the younger crowd: clothes)

Tarkus 10-13-2005 01:21 AM

Edit: cuz apparently I was too impatient & clicked twice thinkin' the first one didn't take... :D