Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Mustard belt comes back home to USA (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=17436)

Dano 07-05-2007 08:55 PM

Chill guys. It's a freaking hog dog eating contest. They didn't ask you for a donation. Crap. It's a 4th of July thing. I see nothing wrong with it. Geeez

Tarkus 07-05-2007 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dano (Post 249877)
Chill guys. It's a freaking hog dog eating contest. They didn't ask you for a donation. Crap. It's a 4th of July thing. I see nothing wrong with it. Geeez

"Hotdog contest? IT WAS FOR THE MUSTARD BELT. That's no regular contest. The whole world was watching....H E L L O"

:P

buckeyefan78 07-05-2007 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarkus (Post 249885)
"Hotdog contest? IT WAS FOR THE MUSTARD BELT. That's no regular contest. The whole world was watching....H E L L O"

:P

True...but...

Until they start testing for 'roids the Mustard Belt will always be tainted.

:D

Tarkus 07-05-2007 09:14 PM

:lol:

Also true...

I just wish they'd get with the program cuz it diminishes all the dedicated athletes who do it all with just hard work...

Dublin Mike 07-05-2007 09:20 PM

Well, ya know, they claim steroids can lead to injuries. Maybe that's why Kobayashi was having trouble w/his jaw.

buckeyefan78 07-05-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublin Mike (Post 249907)
Well, ya know, they claim steroids can lead to injuries. Maybe that's why Kobayashi was having trouble w/his jaw.

Conspiracy theories concerning 'roids?

Well...this is officially a sport now.

:D

Tarkus 07-05-2007 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 (Post 249914)
Conspiracy theories concerning 'roids?

Well...this is officially a sport now.

:D

:P

It's only a matter of time till Congress gets involved...

doublee 07-05-2007 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurghGuy (Post 249865)
:(

Then again the NHL is on Versus. What the hell...but I digress.

True, but the ratings really are not significantly worse on Versus than they were the last year they were on ESPN.

jhuerbin88 07-05-2007 11:20 PM

Hahahahaha...Steroids in a hot dog eating contest.

Ross 07-05-2007 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublee (Post 249844)
I found it utterly ridiculous that ESPN's commentator thought that this was one of the greatest moments in American sport history and that Joey Chestnut was a true American hero.

Did anyone notice how that guy kept trying to throw in as many "real" sports names as possible? Right down to saying, "Curt Schilling be damned" about Kobayashi and his jaw.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.