Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   You've got to be kidding me... (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=23884)

Marc 02-18-2011 06:31 PM

You've got to be kidding me...

I started my new sales job for an online marketing company Monday. I spent the whole week in training and was pretty optimistic. Then the CEO and COO fly in from headquarters in CA this morning and abruptly announce the whole office is closing, all 35 employees here in NC are terminated. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I just signed a 12-month lease extension at my apt with the expectation that I'd have this job, and I left my last job as a freight broker for a logistics company because I had this offer with the marketing company.

Now I'm left shocked and angry trying to figure out what my career will be. I'm even considering the local BMW dealership ... selling cars. Or real estate, but that might be insane. Or even doing affiliate marketing online from home.

So shitty that I wasted my whole week training, and had all these hopes and expectations, and now I get terminated. Oh well ... just venting. I know such is life and this happens. It's a learning experience for sure.

themush 02-18-2011 08:00 PM

That sucks bro. Good luck!

buckeyefan78 02-19-2011 12:37 AM

Damn Marc.

Was this some kind of scam? I'd check this joint out with the FTC and BBB if I were you.

Well, after you get another job and/or your situation stabilizes.

catman 02-19-2011 02:59 AM

This is tougher news than mine is. I don't like hearing things like this. Things will straighten up for you.

Jack Knoff 02-19-2011 04:39 AM

Wow, this blows.

Marc 02-21-2011 07:59 PM

Thanks, guys. Back on the hunt today hoping to line some interviews up. I voluntarily left my last job only because I had this new one, and now I'm left with nothing. But I guess it wasn't meant to be. It wasn't a scam, buck. It's a very legit company, I just came in at the worst time. They mismanaged their growth in 2009, and 2010 was a year of cutbacks with all new executive management. It defies logic how they could be hiring for an office they decide to close a week later. It's so disrespectful to myself and the girl who was hired with me. But enough, no sense in bitching any more. It is what it is and I'm going to be better off.

I just completed a Wonderlic online assessment for one company and all I could think about was I hope my score is better than Vince Young's... :lol:

NAR(cotics) 02-28-2011 06:53 AM

And the bad news continues :(

Alright, sorry to hear that Marc thats Bull. I think the BBB might have something to say about this.

Marc 02-28-2011 12:21 PM

Thanks, NAR.

I'm considering all kinds of things. I even have an interview at the local BMW dealer next week. Not sure if I'll go through with it, though.

I'm considering doing Internet marketing (ad campaigns where I get commissions), been researching that a lot, or working for another advertising company.

Jack Knoff 03-01-2011 07:34 AM

You're probably still young enough to enlist in the army.

If you could take the haircut.

Just thinking out loud here.