Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   College Football (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Tressel out at OSU! (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=24136)

Marc 05-31-2011 09:05 PM

Tressel out at OSU!

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/432157...lege_football/

Big shocker here. Depending on how you look at it, it's crazy a guy who won a title, was 9-1 vs. Michigan, and won over 100 games in 10 years was pushed out over tattoos, something that surely happens on other campuses. On the other hand, he knowingly covered up NCAA violations.

Will Tressel land other D-1 job? I wonder where he ... and OSU ... will end up after this. Wow.

catman 05-31-2011 11:27 PM

Its been a tough time at OSU. I hope the NCAA doesn't come down too hard on them.
They should get a top-flite coach to come in.

themush 06-01-2011 05:06 PM

Why do you hope the NCAA doesn't come down too hard on them? Tressel proved to be a liar and a cover up coach. He signed a contract in September last year saying he didn't know of any issues during the off season, when he knew about the violations in April. When asked why he didn't come forward once it was clear he knew he said "I just didn't know who to tell".

Bullshit, OSU has the biggest compliance deptment in the country. Start there Jimmy. Or I dont know your AD? He full of shit.

Hammer those asshats.

BUCK you care to comment?

buckeyefan78 06-03-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themush (Post 305518)
Why do you hope the NCAA doesn't come down too hard on them? Tressel proved to be a liar and a cover up coach. He signed a contract in September last year saying he didn't know of any issues during the off season, when he knew about the violations in April. When asked why he didn't come forward once it was clear he knew he said "I just didn't know who to tell".

Bullshit, OSU has the biggest compliance deptment in the country. Start there Jimmy. Or I dont know your AD? He full of shit.

Hammer those asshats.

BUCK you care to comment?

I have no comment. :D

Well, just wish I didn't spend so much time over the past 10 years arguing with idiots (mostly in here) who defended the guy so much.

In all honesty, I hope for the max penalties possible but unfortunately it won't happen.

How this isn't lack of institutional control is beyond me but the NCAA says it isn't at this time.

Marc 06-05-2011 05:09 PM

So when does Urban Meyer takeover?

themush 06-06-2011 01:36 PM

Oh Christ, not you too Marc.

Ask Buck.

Anthony 09-07-2011 01:42 AM

All this over a couple of tattoos?

I'm starting to see Jim Tressel as someone who is being unjustly vilified and persecuted - the Rashad Evans of college football.

themush 09-08-2011 12:03 AM

Ummmm...and the fact that he lied to his school and the NCAA doesn't matter? He even signed a document that all coaches must sign stating he did not know of anything wrong doings in the off season.

Liberales.

Anthony 09-08-2011 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themush (Post 305955)
Liberales.

Somehow I doubt that Keith Olbermann, Ed Schultz, Lawrence O'Donnell, etc., are rushing to Jim Tressel's defense.

KenK 11-10-2011 08:58 AM

Obviously one of the biggest sports stories of the year is the firing of Coach Joe Paterno and the Penn State scandal. Much has been said and is being said about what should be done, who should go, and who should stay. I look at ESPN’s football analyst Kirk Herbstreet as one who best summarizes what is wrong with college football.

When Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel was fired, Herbstreet said Tressel was acting as a father would, protecting his kids. What bunk! A good and caring father does not lie and cheat for or with his kids. Recently, on ESPN, when Herbstreet was asked about whether Joe Paterno should be fired, he followed with, “Absolutely not. His ‘kids’ would be lost, and probably lose the game. They have so much to lose if he (Paterno) is not there.” Again the father image. Well, we should all explain to Herbstreit what a really good father and mentor is and does in crucial times.