Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   National Football League (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Michael Vick Named Eagles' Starting QB (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=23483)

Anthony 09-22-2010 12:36 AM

Michael Vick Named Eagles' Starting QB

Michael Vick named Philadelphia Eagles' starting QB - ESPN

NAR(cotics) 09-22-2010 10:45 AM

So ummm, I win the game cause I said this would happen in the preseason. Vick is STILL a dominate quarterback in this league.

Marc 09-22-2010 08:38 PM

I wouldn't call him dominant, NAR. But he clearly is still effective. Let's not get carried away after 6 quarters; two in garbage time against GB and against the Lions.

But this was the right move. You go with the guy giving you a best chance to win and I think you ride this momentum as long as you can. If Reid were to start Kolb and he struggles, benching him could crush him.

Anthony 09-23-2010 09:16 AM

And what has Kolb ever done on the road but "struggle" - with a lifetime passer rating of 31.7 on the NFL highway so to speak?

But I don't doubt that the total mess that the Eagles' offensive line is in had a lot to do with the decision to go with Vick.

And more than a few observers have found this headline to be in questionable taste to say the least:

Michael Vick Dubbed in Philadelphia Daily News Cover as Top Dog

NAR(cotics) 09-23-2010 09:37 PM

LOL I love the headline who you kidding.

Okay yeah, it was stupid. However, how can you not call Vick dominate, he decimated Detroit, he ran for over 100 and passed for over 100 IN TWO QUARTERS against the Packers, and the Pack WERE NOT letting up the pressure even tho it was garbage time. The dude is what, 38 now, he is playing like hes 26.

Anthony 09-24-2010 05:38 AM

"The dude," as you call him, is 30.

NAR(cotics) 09-24-2010 10:56 AM

Ehh whatever, hes old. He spent two years barely playing and he's still better than any QB in Cleveland. Hell if Philly doesn't want him next year we will take him.

doublee 10-10-2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAR(cotics) (Post 302872)
Ehh whatever, hes old. He spent two years barely playing and he's still better than any QB in Cleveland. Hell if Philly doesn't want him next year we will take him.

Dude, that is not saying much half the college teams in the top 25 this year have better QBs than the Browns. :lol:

NAR(cotics) 10-11-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublee (Post 303061)
Dude, that is not saying much half the college teams in the top 25 this year have better QBs than the Browns. :lol:

Thats true, lol. However, I believe his stats before the injury hold up for themselves, who do you want playing for you right now? Truthfully? Kolb or Vick?

Anthony 10-13-2010 05:33 AM

This is a totally awesome time for conspiracy theorists: Based on an extremely suspicious line movement, one can safely assume that Vick will start this Sunday against his former team: A few "off-shore" betting services were quoting a line of pick'em or even the Falcons as a 1-point favorite Monday; but the "consensus opening" line, posted Tuesday morning, installed the Eagles as a 3-point favorite.

What that tells you should be painfully obvious (and BTW, since off-shore lines are not the source of first resort for our NFL Pointspread Contest, the Eagles -3 spread is the one against which the picks therein will be made).

And wouldn't you know: This game is being telecast as the "featured" early game by FOX nationally, as this link graphically attests. Now this doesn't have anything to do with Vick garnering higher ratings, would it? Or is that just another conspiracy theory?

tobynosker 10-13-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony (Post 303111)
Based on an extremely suspicious line movement, one can safely assume that Vick will start this Sunday against his former team

Or, because Michael Vick has yet to take a single snap in practice (including today), it's safe to assume that Kevin Kolb will be starting this Sunday.

And wherever Joe Buck and Troy Aikmen are not is considered a second-tier game in FOX's eyes.

NAR(cotics) 10-13-2010 07:36 PM

Really I figured wherever Joe Buck was wouldn't instantly be eliminated from ANY AND EVERY TELECAST EVER!!! :lol:

Yes I hate Joe Buck.

Anthony 10-15-2010 03:53 AM

Aikman is doing the Dallas at Minnesota game - in the late time slot.

And Vick is one of these players who insists that he doesn't have to practice to play, a la Allen Iverson.

NAR(cotics) 10-15-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony (Post 303132)

And Vick is one of these players who insists that he doesn't have to practice to play, a la Allen Iverson.

Who for a long time didn't have to practice to play. Until he came to Detroit :thumbdown:

Vick doesn't not want to practice, he has been unable to practice, I dont understand your comparison.

doublee 10-17-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAR(cotics) (Post 303072)
Thats true, lol. However, I believe his stats before the injury hold up for themselves, who do you want playing for you right now? Truthfully? Kolb or Vick?

Prior to last week it would have been Vick, but now I am happy with either. It looks like Kolb needed that road game in San Fran away from the hype of the Philly fans and media to get his feet under him. After last week's game and what I have seen so far today against Atlanta it would not bother me one bit if Kolb were to remain the starter. He has answered any questions I have had about his ability to stretch the field the last two weeks. He has also showed more mobility than I thought he ever had.

doublee 10-17-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAR(cotics) (Post 303140)
Who for a long time didn't have to practice to play. Until he came to Detroit :thumbdown:

Vick doesn't not want to practice, he has been unable to practice, I dont understand your comparison.

Because Vick, much like Iverson used to do, gets by more on the fact that he is the best athlete on the field whenever he is out there and his superior athleticism and physical ability make up for the fact that he is no the most accurate thrower or all that good at reading man-to-man coverages.

Iverson was never one to excel in a traditional half court offense. He like to free wheel it and make it up as he went along and he still managed to be one of the league's best scorers despite the fact he was a mediocre shooter.

NAR(cotics) 10-17-2010 05:47 PM

Yes and Vick has shown us this year that he is an elite quarterback. He has had simply outstanding games, running around in the backfield and throwing for 300 yards. His run game has been pretty nonexistent, he is passing the ball down field and doing a damn good job of it.

You don't have to be the best, you just have to work the hardest and make your strengths work for you and your weaknesses disappear.

Tell me Iverson didn't work harder than anyone else on the court during game time, you are flat out lying, he played hard, Vick does the same.

Anthony 10-25-2010 08:10 AM

Kolb served up yet another Pick Six to seal Tennessee's victory - after which Andy Reid wasted no time in making the switch back to Vick in the Eagles' next game (in Week 9, as the Eagles have a bye this coming week), when they will take on a team to whom they have dropped four in a row by a mind-numbing 161-61.

NAR(cotics) 10-25-2010 06:10 PM

Andy Reid made the right choice. They will play close with Vick at the helm

DETMURDS 10-27-2010 12:51 AM

Vick is my #1 fantasy player,...Romo was my #2! Amazing I am in second place of my fantasy league!:lol:

Anthony 11-12-2010 10:14 AM

Michael Vick could be starring in a future Snickers commercial - since he might not be going anywhere for a while!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines