Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Happy Birthday Lee (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=2186)

iFroggy 09-14-2001 06:33 PM

Happy Birthday Lee

I am leaving this site right after Survivor, but... I thought it to be pretty sad that no one has posted a Happy Birthday Lee thread yet, or at least I didn't see one, so...

Happy Birthday Lee! :)

Nate 09-14-2001 07:02 PM

Yeah, happy birthday, Lee! :bday: The big One-Seven! ;)
:cheers:

catman 09-14-2001 08:41 PM

Lee, I hope you can find something fun to remember this year. This will certainly be a memorable birthday for you.

Marc 09-14-2001 09:14 PM

Yay! Happy birthday, Lee! Hope your day has been GREAT! How does it feel to have one last year of being a "minor"? :) At least you can legally get into Rated R movies now... :D :partytime

Spike 09-15-2001 01:41 AM

Happy Birthday, Lee! :bday:

So is Canada the same as the United States as far as privileges gained on your 18th birthday go?

Like here on your 18th Birthday you can buy cigarettes and buy lottery tickets and go into R-rated movies like Marc said (I might be missing some other stuff. Somebody else fill me in if I am). Not that you would want to do any of that stuff, but it's nice to have more options and feel freer. :)

Is 16 the legal driving age there in Canada like it is here in the U.S.?

lmanchur. 09-15-2001 09:15 AM

Thanks guys!!!... I had a low-key birthday this year..... had some family over for cake a day before my birthday (Thursday), because I was suspose to goto Winnipeg this weekend to see the Blue Bombers game, but it was cancelled not due to this week's past events... because the Edmonton Eskimos literally decided just not to show up for the game!!.. and the league backed them on it!!!!!!!!.... Grrrrrrrr.... I am very very upset... I was 1/4 of the way to Winnipeg when I heard the news...
Quote:

Originally posted by Spike
So is Canada the same as the United States as far as privileges gained on your 18th birthday go?

Like here on your 18th Birthday you can buy cigarettes and buy lottery tickets and go into R-rated movies like Marc said (I might be missing some other stuff. Somebody else fill me in if I am). Not that you would want to do any of that stuff, but it's nice to have more options and feel freer. :)

Oh no -- of COURSE I would never want to do any of that stuff ;) ......... :D

Well, the 18th isn't "THE birthday" in all of the U.S., is it? -- in some states, it's 21, but for all of Canada, yes, 18 is the leagal age.... you missed "voting" in your list. ...and for MOST provinces, 16 is the leagal driving age... though that's changing in April, 2002, in Manitoba... phewf! -- glad I missed that!! :) -- I got my liscence on December 8, 2000 :nod:

...but I still have 364 days now until my 18th! -- Unlike most in my class in my school, my 18th is on a Saturday! ;)

Thanks again, guys, for the happy birthday wishes!!!

Marc 09-15-2001 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Spike
Careful, there... that's not the case everywhere. New Jersey, for example, is very strict. You can't get your full, basic license until you're like 17 1/2 or 18! :eek: You can ONLY get your provisional license when you're 16 1/2... some states let you drive when you're 15 1/2 and 16...

NickHammy 09-15-2001 04:16 PM

:lol: LOL that must hurt. I could have sworn it was 17 to get into R-movies w/o an adult.
Anyway Happy Birthday Lee!

bostonsportsfan 09-15-2001 04:37 PM

:bday: Lee

Nate 09-15-2001 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NickHammy
I could have sworn it was 17 to get into R-movies w/o an adult.
It is that way in the U.S., Nick. I should know. ;)