Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   National Football League (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Ben "Rapelisberger"? (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=22983)

Anthony 03-06-2010 05:47 AM

Ben "Rapelisberger"?

Once is a fluke, twice is a trend?

Steelers QB Roethlisberger accused of sexual assault in Georgia

doublee 03-06-2010 11:11 AM

Yeah, I don't understand these guys that continually put themselves out there in these types of situations. It almost makes one wonder how the Steeler won two Super Bowls with a guy who exercises such questionable judgement off the field.

Anthony 03-07-2010 03:15 AM

But where are all the self-professed moral guardians who have destroyed Larry Johnson's reputation for incidents that were far less serious than the ones Big Ben has been implicated in?

doublee 03-07-2010 02:56 PM

The difference there is Larry Johnson was actually found guilty of something while Roethlisberger has simply put himself into bad situations. I have heard some in the media hammering Roethlisberger for putting himself in a situation like this again. The reason he got a pass the first go around was nobody believed the accuser's story seeing as she waited several months to even report it to the police. It was largely dismissed as someone trying to extort money from him.

Anthony 03-08-2010 11:55 PM

But, to use a New York City-themed analogy, isn't this rather like comparing being found guilty of riding between the cars on the subway with being accused of blowing up the Brooklyn Bridge?

Maybe I'm just mad that this might have kept the Eagles from signing LJ. But hey, Justin Fargas has become available.

doublee 03-09-2010 09:55 AM

Well, the thing with LJ is this is a pattern of repeated behavior and not just an isolated incident. He has had several run-ins with the cops over night club incidents. Until last week Ben had what was being considered an isolated incident.

Oh, and in case you had not noticed, Roethlisberger is getting ripped by the media this week.

Marc 03-09-2010 01:42 PM

I'm not saying he's guilty, but when it happens twice in a year, I start to raise an eyebrow. Regardless, it sounds like he keeps putting himself in bad situations and needs to be more careful.

Anthony 03-10-2010 01:30 AM

But at least so far, Roethlisberger is being treated as innocent until proven guilty, in the eyes of the NFL - in stark contrast to, say, Pac-Man Jones.

doublee 03-10-2010 09:56 AM

Well, to be fair, Roethlisberger has yet to be charged in a criminal court. How many charges did Pacman have filed against him by the police?

NAR(cotics) 03-11-2010 09:29 PM

Big Ben needs to pull a Kobe, come out apologize for his mistakes, he'll get ripped and than he'll win another super bowl and nobody will care.
When two people accuse you of the same thing within the same year it's pretty obvious your making quite a few mistakes. He needs to watch out and stay out of negative situations.

Anthony 03-13-2010 10:24 AM

But did Kobe Bryant have two "negative situations"?

As for Pacman Jones, Detroit and San Francisco have both expressed interest:

Fantasy Football Breaking News - Rotoworld.com

Too bad the 49ers aren't expressing interest in a certain possibly-available quarterback I can name!

Meanwhile, this dude has it spot on when it comes to Roethlisberger:

The League Panelists: Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger may be an idiot, but the legal system, not Roger Goodell, should decide his fate - Robert Littal

Marc 03-22-2010 06:03 PM

The commish is meeting with Roethlisberger: Pittsburgh Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger to hear from Roger Goodell - ESPN

Hmm...

NAR(cotics) 03-23-2010 08:54 PM

PACMAN JONES HIM!!!

Okay now that I got that out of the way...sorry.

True Kobe didn't have two negative accusations, but Rape is a very very very serious accusation and everyone instantly assumed he was guilty.

doublee 03-24-2010 09:48 AM

No, Kobe did not have two accusations, but, his case did end up going to trial and it was pretty clear, that as a married man, he put himself in a situation he never should have been in. Whether or not he actually did anything illegal is debatable but it was pretty clear based on what he told the cops that he was looking for a little action.

Anthony 03-24-2010 09:55 AM

But has the "whitewash" - no pun intended! :lol: - already started?

Georgia police say they don't need DNA sample from Roethlisberger