Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   College Football (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Vols talk about Gators "running it up"... (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=18084)

buckeyefan78 09-18-2007 07:33 PM

Vols talk about Gators "running it up"...
 
Fulmer won't say Florida ran it up

KNOXVILLE — Tennessee Coach Phillip Fulmer is struggling to bite his tongue regarding whether he thinks Florida ran up the score Saturday.

Immediately after the Gators' 59-20 pounding, Fulmer said all the right things.

On Monday, he added a pointed comment or two.

"People choose to do things for their own reasons," Fulmer said. "As I said after the game, it's our job to stop them. We shouldn't have gotten ourselves in that situation. I know there's mixed feelings about that, but I'm not going to sit here and say all I think."

Some of his players did Saturday. Defensive end Xavier Mitchell said Fulmer never would run up the score, and in reference to the Gators, Mitchell said, "What goes around comes around."

By BRYAN MULLEN
Staff Writer

Tennessean.com

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....1035/RSS020601

themush 09-19-2007 12:49 PM

http://www.chicagorooter.com/BABY_CRYING.gif

buckeyefan78 09-19-2007 06:11 PM

Did Tebow run him over too on his way to the endzone as time expired?

:P

MountaineerDave 09-19-2007 06:43 PM

So, here's how anyone with class deals with these situations: After going up by whatever point total makes sense (17+ point lead with over a quarter left seems safe, depending on your defense), you put in your second string guys. If they keep scoring, you let them score twice, then go to your third stringers, etc., etc.

Anything else is classless, and calling a team who got whipped by 39 points by 1st teamers from the opening gun to the final gun a baby is almost as classless as the act of running up the score.

buckeyefan78 09-19-2007 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountaineerDave (Post 256726)
So, here's how anyone with class deals with these situations: After going up by whatever point total makes sense (17+ point lead with over a quarter left seems safe, depending on your defense), you put in your second string guys. If they keep scoring, you let them score twice, then go to your third stringers, etc., etc.

Anything else is classless, and calling a team who got whipped by 39 points by 1st teamers from the opening gun to the final gun a baby is almost as classless as the act of running up the score.

Wow...I'm totally lost.

Not a far journey so don't worry about it Dave.

Dublin Mike 09-19-2007 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountaineerDave (Post 256726)
So, here's how anyone with class deals with these situations: After going up by whatever point total makes sense (17+ point lead with over a quarter left seems safe, depending on your defense), you put in your second string guys. If they keep scoring, you let them score twice, then go to your third stringers, etc., etc.
.

halfway through the 3rd this past weekend, UGA was on their 3rd stringer.

Ya know, just sayin.

buckeyefan78 09-19-2007 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublin Mike (Post 256734)
halfway through the 3rd this past weekend, UGA was on their 3rd stringer.

Ya know, just sayin.

Tressel used a system for our first two games (YSU, Akron) where he mixed and matched 1st, 2nd and 3rd string starting late in the 1st quarter. You'd have 3 out of 4 starters on the line in but then you'd have the 3rd string linebackers too.

Weird.

During the 2nd quarter guys were makin' tackles that I had no clue about.

We struggled like hell in both games though. Then again...we struggle in every damn game.

themush 09-19-2007 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountaineerDave (Post 256726)
Anything else is classless, and calling a team who got whipped by 39 points by 1st teamers from the opening gun to the final gun a baby is almost as classless as the act of running up the score.

Please tell me you are kidding Dave. My posts for the most part are to allow a little humor on these otherwise bland boards. You might know that if you stuck around beyond football season.

bama4256 09-20-2007 10:33 AM

I think all teams should score as much as they can.:thumbup:

buckeyefan78 09-20-2007 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themush (Post 256752)
Please tell me you are kidding Dave. My posts for the most part are to allow a little humor on these otherwise bland boards. You might know that if you stuck around beyond football season.

I simply thought it was your baby picture. :confused:

:lol:

themush 09-20-2007 06:18 PM

Nah I was spawned by the devil himself as a teenager. Didn't have those "cute" years.

Jeff Levers 09-20-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themush (Post 256811)
Nah I was spawned by the devil himself as a teenager. Didn't have those "cute" years.

And of course by the devil you mean Urban Meyer, right?

themush 09-20-2007 07:23 PM

No,no,no Jeff.

Urban Meyer = God.

Steve Spurrier = Devil.

:lol::lol::lol:

buckeyefan78 09-20-2007 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themush (Post 256821)
No,no,no Jeff.

Urban Meyer = God.

Steve Spurrier = Devil.

:lol::lol::lol:

Do you really not like Spurrier mush?

I find both of them to be classless pieces of trash.

Ya know...just my opinion. ;)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.