Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   National Football League (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Super Bowl XL: Steelers vs. Seahawks (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=13352)

NY Jay 05 01-24-2006 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeahawKnDC
Dont Even go there with me Jay. I could give you several legit reasons for a Seahawks win. But I will not do that because I will get the same reponses, oh the seahawks didn't do this, they didnt play this team, they didnt score enough points in this game. Oh please!!! Nothing I or any other Hawks fan says will make you and the nation of haters respect them. SO I will let my boyz speak for themselves on the 5th. :eek:

I respect the Seahawks, I think they are a great team. I think they will give the Steelers a close game but I think the Steelers are a better team and will come out on top.

SeahawKnDC 01-24-2006 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY Jay 05
I respect the Seahawks, I think they are a great team. I think they will give the Steelers a close game but I think the Steelers are a better team and will come out on top.

I apreciate that Jay. I apologize for including you in my nation of haters rant. Its just I have been a Hawks fans since the Dennis Erikson says and It feels so good to finally have the team live up to the trash I have been talking on their behalf for so many years. I respect the Steelers to and I agree it will be a great game.

:D

boston_aloha 01-24-2006 04:49 PM

Dude, I've never met anyone who did not like the Seahawks... or "hated" them. Even as a kid, I like Stevie L and Hawks were a team I rooted for (cuz, yeah the Pats sucked back then). I seriously have never heard anyone say "I hate the Seattle Seahawks". Prob, because they never did anything bad to anyone's team (like eliminating them), or never made it to the playoffs.
Anyways, that said - all your posts are starting to make me root for the Steelers.... please don't make me a steelers fan.

NY Jay 05 01-24-2006 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeahawKnDC
I apreciate that Jay. I apologize for including you in my nation of haters rant. Its just I have been a Hawks fans since the Dennis Erikson says and It feels so good to finally have the team live up to the trash I have been talking on their behalf for so many years. I respect the Steelers to and I agree it will be a great game.

:D

LOL It's all good man, I know how sports can mess with people like that. Happens to the best of us.

jhuerbin88 01-24-2006 06:30 PM

Steelers, of course. They rolled through the AFC, which is the superior Conference. Seahawks are good, I won't question that, but not good enough.

Steelers 37
Seahawks 17
MVP: Roethisberger

SeahawKnDC 01-24-2006 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boston_aloha
Anyways, that said - all your posts are starting to make me root for the Steelers.... please don't make me a steelers fan.

Im sorry if my posts have made you lean towards the steelers. My intentions have always been to get people to see what I see in the Hawks.My posts will continue to be behind the Seahawks 100% so if the few things I have posted about the Superbowl have made lean you towards the Steelers, then you are going to be flip flopping from team to team as long I am posting on this board. Because no matter who the what the hawks record is or who they are playing I will always be behind them and I will always have reasons for why they deserve respect.

ps I am a Red Sox fan atleast we can share common ground during the warm months. :)

boston_aloha 01-24-2006 06:44 PM

I was being sarcastic dude... don't sweat it. I enjoy the debates! Always good to have another BoSox fan around too!

MountaineerDave 01-25-2006 02:46 PM

Steelers 34 Seahawks 10

And instead of copping an attitude, it would be cool if SeahawksKnDC could actually explain why he thinks his team would win.
Will they be able to run? Will they be able to throw? Will they be able to defend? Anything would be nice.

The blueprint goes thusly: Roethlisberger to Miller or Randle El for the first score of the game. Turnover, either a Hasselbeck INT or an Alexander fumble, leaves the Steelers in position for another quick score, and the game is essentially over.

Folks in the media seem to have suddenly afixed themselves to the jock of Matt Hasselbeck. I, for one, have to wonder why. Sure, he had a good season. But, so did Jake Plummer.
I saw the 'Hawks play in one game in which they played a pretty decent team (at the time), and Hasselbeck found that throwing accurately was a virtual impossibility down the stretch. The only thing that kept the 'Hawks alive was Jay Feely's unbelievable meltdown. Alexander was doing very little to help the 'Hawks win. Hasselbeck did eventually find Jurevicius to get the game-winning drive going, but it took him an awfully long time.

The Steelers are playing well. They won't have the crippling lack of running game that the Panthers had, and, should the 'Hawks be able to slow down the Steelers running game, as Denver did, the Stillers proved that they can throw it to win it, too, which many pundits suggested that they couldn't. More important, I think the Steelers can come back from behind, if necessary. It's not something they have experience doing, and I don't see it being something that should be tested in this game.

SeahawKnDC 01-25-2006 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountaineerDave
Steelers 34 Seahawks 10

And instead of copping an attitude, it would be cool if SeahawksKnDC could actually explain why he thinks his team would win.
Will they be able to run? Will they be able to throw? Will they be able to defend? Anything would be nice.

First of all Mountian Man Dave or whatever you choose to call yourself. I did not cop and attitude. Any true fan(as you claim to be)will defend their team to the end. I am simply very passionate when it comes to the Seahawks. It makes upsets me when I see MY team week in and week out put together wins and put up stats that justify them being the #1 team in the NFL.
Now down to buisness the Blueprint is as follows:

First score of the game: After a 9 play drive to open the game. The Seahawks stand at the Steelers five yard line. Play action fake to Mac strong turns into a short flip to Alexander who scoots into the END ZONE untouched.
(Just incase you didnt know the Hawks are the NFL's #1 Red Zone Scoring Team)

Seahawks 7 Steelers 0

Second Seahawk score: 25 yard run by Alexander putting him over 100yds on the game.

Seahawks 14 Steelers 6
Half Time

Seahawks open the second half with a 7 play 80yd drive capped off by a 22yd Touchdown pass from Hasselbeck to D. Jack

Seahawks 21 Steelers 6

Fourth and Final Seahawk score: 35 Yard Feild Goal by Josh Brown to seal the game. Seahawks 24 Steelers 16
Seattle Seahawks 2006 Superbowl Champions

The Seahawks will win this game by beating the Steelers at thier own game while adding some Seahawk Offence to the fray. The Hawks have the best O-line in Football, they will destroy the Steelers D line by ripping gapeing holes in it for Alexander to run through.

Secondly the rediculouse comment you made about Hasselbeck I will not even address. Other than saying if you wonder why the media is on his jock just look at his stats this year and the previouse 3. Dont worry you will get to see the real deal on the 5th.

Third the Steeler running game is X-treamly over rated. The Bus is old and only effective in short yardage plays. Just look at his lack luster 3.3 yds per carry average. Your to prized backs Parker and Bettis combined for 1,943yds and 10 td's no comparison to Shaun's 1,800+yds 28td's.

To sum it up the Steelers will loose because they will not stop the seahawks run. Big Ben will show his true second year player tendencies as he is harrased all day by the Seahawk front 4(led the leauge in sacks) and our potent linebacking core.

That enough reasons 4 you buddy? :wavey:

Marc 01-25-2006 09:16 PM

I think this is the Steelers' year. I think it is finally time for Cowher and Bettis to win the big one. I think they will win with their physicality and blitzing. I think they can contain Alexander and the Seattle WRs aren't going to outplay Troy Polamalu and the secondary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY Jay 05
I'll be watching in HD as well, 62 inch style baby. Go Steelers!

92 inches here with surround sound of course, so there! :D I surely hope no one is going to watch in SD (standard definition). If you don't have HD, go somewhere that has it. It's worth it...

boston_aloha 01-25-2006 11:11 PM

Steelers have the better team (more talent) IMO. However, that does not guarantee a win. I posted in another thread that 13 dogs have won out of 39 SB's. But I'm not picking these dogs, or Hawks... whatever. Because Pitt has covered in the SB 4 out of 5 times. 3 times as favorites, once as dogs to Dallas.
Quote:

SB-IX.....Pitt -3.....Pittsburgh-16 Minnesota-6 (cover)
SB-X......Pitt -6.5..Pittsburgh-21 Dallas-17 (did NOT cover)
SB-XIII...Pitt -3.5..Pittsburgh-35 Dallas-31 (cover)
SB-XIV...Pitt -10...Pittsburgh-31 L.A.Rams-19 (cover)
SB-XXX..Dallas -13.5..Dallas-27 Pittsburgh-17 (cover)
Think I may have to drop the $$ on Pitt. BTW - whats with the game "blueprint" predictions? Its not enough to predict the winner now, we have to predict the plays? :D Keep 'em coming though... I do find them interesting.

NY Jay 05 01-26-2006 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc
I think this is the Steelers' year. I think it is finally time for Cowher and Bettis to win the big one. I think they will win with their physicality and blitzing. I think they can contain Alexander and the Seattle WRs aren't going to outplay Troy Polamalu and the secondary.

92 inches here with surround sound of course, so there! :D I surely hope no one is going to watch in SD (standard definition). If you don't have HD, go somewhere that has it. It's worth it...

DAMN, 92 inches? I didn't even know they made TVs that big. :lol:

Billy D 01-26-2006 01:42 AM

All the pro-Pittsburgh hype makes me think about getting back into sports betting. I think the Seahawks will win outright. It'll come down to who stops the run better

MountaineerDave 01-26-2006 07:35 PM

Billy D: Neither team will be able to run with great effectiveness. So, it comes down to the QB and defenses, and Roethlisberger's the guy I want (especially if my only other choice is a schlub from Boston College...).

SeahawKnDC 01-26-2006 10:49 PM

You may as well tell little ben to cut his grizzley Adams beard off before the game becuase their Season is Ova!!

:whine: Awww Jerome dont cry you still going to Canton. LOL :lol: You Guys suck.