Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Favorite Type of Music? (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=191)

JakeLitwicki 12-17-2000 10:10 PM

My favorite band, no contest, is Creed. I love their music, and Mark Tremonti is up there on the greatest guitarist list.

Bands I despise/refuse to listen to:

- Any kind of RAP
- Country in most forms
- 'mainstream' "boy bands" and the "teeny boppers" like britney spears. (didn't say I don't like them, just not their musik :) )

Peck 12-17-2000 10:31 PM

My favorite band or signer has to be these:
1.Bon Jovi
2.Limp Bizkit
3.Eminem
4.Fat Boy Slim
5.Matchbox 20
6.Blink 182
Thats all!!!!! Although it is exact oppisite of Jake.

iFroggy 12-17-2000 11:17 PM

I listen to a lot of rap, Puffy, Mase, Biggie, and anything over at Bad Boy. Also Nas, Jay-Z, among others. I've also been know to listen to Limp once in a while. :)

And I wouldn't say I refuse to listen to Britney Spears... if its her or Cher or Barry Manilow... or someone old... I'd take Britney. :D

[Edited by iFroggy on 12-17-2000 at 10:34 PM]

JakeLitwicki 12-18-2000 01:20 AM

Interesting taste "Peck." Strange to see bon jovi and eminem on the same list of artists... :)

Marc 12-18-2000 05:10 PM

Me? I like a little of everything (except country!).

Favorite artists/bands:

Vertical Horizon
Everclear
Third Eye Blind
Eminem
Matchbox Twenty
Blink 182
Barenaked Ladies
Papa Roach
Creed
The Wallflowers

That pretty much covers it :)

Wedge231 12-18-2000 06:01 PM

I like heavy metal and some punk. I actually could stand any music except rap and country.

JakeLitwicki 12-18-2000 06:12 PM

Down with the RAP! :)

Tom Baker 12-19-2000 02:51 PM

Favorite Music

Pearl Jam - incredible live, but I've only seen 'em 6 times!
They need to tour more! When I was in the 14th row at their Atlanta show this summer it was practically a religous experience.

Dave Matthews Band - also rules live

I've seen great shows from Metallica, REM, and Pink Floyd as well. Concerts are the way to go. I'm very wary of "studio" bands that sound great on record but stink live.
Many in the current crop of radio hits seem to be this way.

Although I did enjoy Vertical Horizon quite a bit when I saw them at the Roxy and when they opened for DMB recently.

JakeLitwicki 12-19-2000 09:13 PM

Oh forgot, I love Vertical Horizon!

And disturbed too, even though they're a completely different type of band. They're local too =)

Lucky Boys Confusion sucks though, and they go to the same highschool as me...so no, I don't like all local bands.

Rick Dogg 12-20-2000 03:50 PM

I like Classic Rock, and Limp Bizkit, Bon Jovi,Sugar Ray, Christina Aguilara, and others.

Marc 12-20-2000 04:55 PM

Bon Jovi is good - Sugar Ray is (or was), but they were in my mind, a one-hit wonder. I can't stand Aguilara, though!

JakeLitwicki 12-20-2000 05:33 PM

I like Britney Spears :P

Nate 12-20-2000 05:58 PM

I like almost all music. As long as its not country, Im happy.

P.O.D. IS THE BEST! http://www.podfan.com/

Rick Dogg 12-20-2000 07:28 PM

I dont think that Sugar Ray was a 1 hit wonder. They have gone away for a little bit but they will be back. Besides, they already had a couple of hits, so poo on you! And at least Christina Aguilara has a good voice. Unlike the guy from Creed, in my opinion he has a very annoying voice. And their songs are overplayed and overhyped. Limp Bizcit is the king of rock now.

Rick Dogg 12-20-2000 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by M. James
Bon Jovi is good - Sugar Ray is (or was), but they were in my mind, a one-hit wonder. I can't stand Aguilara, though!
C'mon Marc, I know that deep down inside you are an Aguilara fan. I know that when nobody's lookin you are singing Come on Over Baby!