Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   National Football League (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Are the Chiefs for real? (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=23525)

chiefsfan27 10-07-2010 04:26 PM

Are the Chiefs for real?

I'm obviously biased, but I'm getting tired of hearing comparisons to last year's Broncos. They were a completely different team.

The Chiefs are fast, young, have a great attitude, and are doing the little things right. The Broncos didn't have the greatest attitude, and made stupid mistakes.

Looking at the Chiefs schedule, and seeing that they've gained more YPG running than any other team, and have the second-ranked scoring defense, I see no reason they couldn't go at least 10-6.

Seriously, someone tell me 6 games the Chiefs should lose.

NAR(cotics) 10-07-2010 10:37 PM

Yes the Chiefs are for real and the talking heads will all admit that when they beat the Colts this week.

themush 10-07-2010 11:08 PM

Child please............

NAR(cotics) 10-08-2010 11:50 AM

The Colts are not the team we thought they were, the Chiefs are better than anyone thought they were. Just watch.

NAR(cotics) 10-08-2010 11:51 AM

of course now that I have said this the Chiefs will lose 65 to 0 but you no whatever

doublee 10-10-2010 11:30 PM

Meh, the Chiefs are Paper Lions I think the Colts showed that today. However, they will probably end up winning 11 or 12 games because their schedule is easy.

NAR(cotics) 10-11-2010 12:18 PM

They Played the Colts even most of the game, if their offense had any talent (sorry Kansas City) they would have beaten the Colts, their D is pretty damn good.

tobynosker 10-11-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAR(cotics) (Post 303074)
They Played the Colts even most of the game, if their offense had any talent (sorry Kansas City) they would have beaten the Colts, their D is pretty damn good.

Kansas City's defense is stellar. Guys like Glenn Dorsey, Brandon Flowers, Derrick Johnson, etc., are playing big-time football. But their offensive production is woeful.

There only great game on the offensive side of the ball was against a winless San Francisco team at home where they didn't have to rely on Matt Cassel because they were averaging over 5-yards per carry as a team on the ground.

There are very few teams that can go on the road and win ballgames without scoring a touchdown. Sunday proved that Kansas City is not one of them.

NAR(cotics) 10-11-2010 05:43 PM

I agree which is why if the Chiefs had ANY OFFENSE they would have beaten the Colts they played the Colts even, it was 9 - 9 when I turned the game off.

Marc 10-12-2010 09:20 PM

Still ninth in the power rankings:

Quote:

9. Kansas City Chiefs [10] — This must drive Todd Haley a little nuts, but their passing game is really weak. KC ranks 27th in passing, and the team went 1-for-10 on third downs this weekend. The defense, however, has been very good, allowing just 14.2 points per game. Worthy of particular praise are Tamba Hali (4.5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles) and Brandon Flowers (6 pass deflections, 2 interceptions, INT return TD). The gameplan against Indianapolis, a balance of run and pass, probably didn't make sense given where both teams' strengths lie.
I'm still skeptical, who have they beaten? The inconsistent Chargers?

Anthony 10-13-2010 06:23 AM

Are the Chiefs "real" enough to win the AFC West?

If the Chargers can't find a way to win on the road, they (KC) just might be.

NAR(cotics) 10-13-2010 10:58 PM

Kansas City will win the West.