Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Christian at Christmas Time (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=15919)

BigBuddhaPup 12-20-2006 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntheNet (Post 228614)
Others have described it better than I could...

"War" on Christmas part of "secular progressive agenda" that includes "legalization of narcotics, euthanasia, abortion at will, gay marriage," etc....
Fox News host Bill O'Reilly

Fox News host John Gibson has published a book defining the ongoing battle:
The War on Christmas: How the Liberal Plot to Ban the Sacred Christian Holiday Is Worse Than You Thought (Sentinel, October 2005).

There are various fronts in the war and the chief enemy is the ACLU.

Wouldn't that be "The War on Christianity" instead?

I am for the legalization of soft drugs, I am for a humane death, I am for abortion until the 21st week, I am for gay marriage....I am against Bill Orally...I am against John Gibson...I am against Fox News...

I am also against stopping anyone from celebrating their religion, heritage, etc... just don't do it on tax funded property...

That ACLU also defends Christians btw...ironic, huh?:eek:

CKFresh 12-20-2006 04:21 PM

It is simply nuts to think there is a war on Christmas (X MAS!) hahaha. Tell me one time when ANYONE in this country tried to stop you from celebrating Christmas? It doesn't happen. You are just upset because NOT EVERYONE celebrates like you. :( I know you want to force your religion on others, but it just doesn't work like that in America. If you want to do that, go start of country that doesn't practice freedom of and from religion.

BigBuddhaPup 12-20-2006 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKFresh (Post 228615)
Yeah, sorry that some of us want to include other holidays in the season. But Doug don't forget, these people want their religion and their holidays to be accepted by everyone. They get offended if you even mention other holidays. They forget that NO ONE is stopping them from celebrating any holiday they want in any way. But that's not good enough, they want all of US to celebrate the same way they do.

How dare us think differently!

Okay, other 2/3rd of the planet, do it this way, or no way at all...Why? because Fox News' Bill Orally said so....

That ought to do it...

IntheNet 12-20-2006 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBuddhaPup (Post 228623)
I am also against stopping anyone from celebrating their religion, heritage, etc... just don't do it on tax funded property...

So all those religious messages to God and our Judeo-Christian heritage that are carved into marble within and outside of the Supreme Court Building, the Jefferson Monument, the Lincoln Monument, the Washington Monument, and every hedgestone at Arlington Cemetery that carries a religious icon are a definite no no in your book?

Oh heavens....

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKFresh (Post 228625)
It is simply nuts to think there is a war on Christmas...

Didn't you say the same thing about our War on Terrorism?

CKFresh 12-20-2006 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntheNet (Post 228629)
So all those religious messages to God and our Judeo-Christian heritage that are carved into marble within and outside of the Supreme Court Building, the Jefferson Monument, the Lincoln Monument, the Washington Monument, and every hedgestone at Arlington Cemetery that carries a religious icon are a definite no no in your book?

Oh heavens....



Didn't you say the same thing about our War on Terrorism?

I never said anything of the sort about the war on terrorism. Once again, please tell me one person, or one group that is trying to stop you from celebrating Christmas. I'd love to know who these crazy people are who really care about your Christmas celebration.

IntheNet 12-20-2006 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKFresh (Post 228632)
Once again, please tell me one person, or one group that is trying to stop you from celebrating Christmas...

My daughter's song she practiced this fall was cancelled last week from the elementary school holiday choral concert (which use to be called the Christmas Concert at the school by the way). The name of the song: "Oh Holy Night." Know what she had to sing instead? "Frosty The Snowman"!

The War on Christmas is all around us...

I don't have time now to post links to all the battles but will tomorrow...

CKFresh 12-20-2006 05:02 PM

Once again, tax dollars funded that place. Who is stopping you from celebrating Christmas on your own time on your own dime. SOrry, I don't want to pay for your religious concerts.

BigBuddhaPup 12-20-2006 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntheNet (Post 228629)
So all those religious messages to God and our Judeo-Christian heritage that are carved into marble within and outside of the Supreme Court Building, the Jefferson Monument, the Lincoln Monument, the Washington Monument, and every hedgestone at Arlington Cemetery that carries a religious icon are a definite no no in your book?

Oh heavens....



Didn't you say the same thing about our War on Terrorism?

They are historical monuments... big difference from promoting religion via tax dollars...

As for Arlington, that is an individual service members choice when they die, it is a priviledge bestowed upon them because of their service...they could choose whatever symbol they want..

The term "War on Terrorism" is coming back to bite the neo-cons on the arse... the idea of terrorism isn't tangible enough to ever declare victory over, it is open ended idea... too bad they were as good with the doublespeak as they are now.... a better phrase would have been "Al Queda War"... maybe we would have even fought the right people too... but, No, Virginia, there isn't a Santa Claus...:(

BigBuddhaPup 12-20-2006 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntheNet (Post 228635)
My daughter's song she practiced this fall was cancelled last week from the elementary school holiday choral concert (which use to be called the Christmas Concert at the school by the way). The name of the song: "Oh Holy Night." Know what she had to sing instead? "Frosty The Snowman"!

The War on Christmas is all around us...

I don't have time now to post links to all the battles but will tomorrow...

The elementary school was correct... public funded institutions like our schools shouldn't promote one religion over the other...singing a Christian song would do just that... Frosty the Snowman has no religious connotation, makes perfect sense.. if you want your child to do a religious concert for Christmas, plan it then...

chiefsfan27 12-20-2006 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKFresh (Post 228640)
Once again, tax dollars funded that place. Who is stopping you from celebrating Christmas on your own time on your own dime. SOrry, I don't want to pay for your religious concerts.

What if not singing Christmas songs (like "Holy Night") offends Christians as much as singing them offends you? Should'nt both be sung? It does offend me that a Holiday originaly celebrated as Christ's birth can no longer have anything to do with Christ. I don't want to pay to see that behaivor because I view it (no christ in christmas) as wrong. So why have we completley eliminated a certain set of beliefs and not just done both?

And why do tax dollars matter? I pay taxes and I want to hear Christ's name mentioned with Christmas.

CKFresh 12-20-2006 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan27 (Post 228704)
What if not singing Christmas songs (like "Holy Night") offends Christians as much as singing them offends you? Should'nt both be sung? It does offend me that a Holiday originaly celebrated as Christ's birth can no longer have anything to do with Christ. I don't want to pay to see that behaivor because I view it (no christ in christmas) as wrong. So why have we completley eliminated a certain set of beliefs and not just done both?

And why do tax dollars matter? I pay taxes and I want to hear Christ's name mentioned with Christmas.

Why can't you just enjoy YOUR holiday on your own time. Why does it have to be on public funded areas. What's wrong with church, or your own home. Public schools are secular. It wouldn't matter if it was a jewish song, a muslim song or a christian song. Public school is secular in nature. Why do you insist on making YOUR religion part of the public life. Why not just enjoy YOUR holiday in places where everyone is Christian i.e. CHURCH!!!!!

CKFresh 12-20-2006 06:59 PM

I apologize if I come off as angry, but it is crazy how you Chirstians insist on pushing this stuff down everyone's throat. Do it on your own time.

buckeyefan78 12-20-2006 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBuddhaPup (Post 228647)
Frosty the Snowman has no religious connotation

But he did flaunt the law and society. Remember when he crossed the street even after the cop told him to stop?

More like Frosty the Gangsta'

BigBuddhaPup 12-20-2006 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKFresh (Post 228709)
I apologize if I come off as angry, but it is crazy how you Chirstians insist on pushing this stuff down everyone's throat. Do it on your own time.

Down, down, down, go, go, go, !!! Mine, mine, mine!!! ...

:bash:

BigBuddhaPup 12-20-2006 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckeyefan78 (Post 228711)
But he did flaunt the law and society. Remember when he crossed the street even after the cop told him to stop?

More like Frosty the Gangsta'


He got those kids to steal that stovetop hat too... Frosty was definite OG...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.