Sports Central Message Boards

Sports Central Message Boards (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/index.php)
-   College Football (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Things you want to see changed about college football (https://www.sports-central.org/community/boards/showthread.php?t=18216)

Dublin Mike 10-06-2007 06:52 PM

Things you want to see changed about college football

I'll start it off. This BS about the offense breaking the huddle, walking up to the line, and suddenly, the QB steps away from the line, looks back to the coach, and the coach changes the play. So this means the guys OC up in the booth can see the defense from a great advantage point, call down to the HC and change the play. Total crap.

Alex 10-06-2007 10:46 PM

No more 1-AA games. There are 120 1-A schools. Make everybody work something out.

No more pre-season polls. The polls shouldn't come out until after the last Saturday in September.

buckeyefan78 10-07-2007 02:33 PM

Wow...where to begin.

In the Big Ten (my jurisdiction)

1. All games must start at 12:00 or 3:30 local time. NO games before noon or after 3:30. It's outrageous for the western teams in the Big Ten to begin games at 11:00.

2. Ban on all neutral site games.

3. Bring membership back down to 10 teams (Penn State) and go to a 9-game conference plate (as was done in 1982-1984).

4. Disband from the BCS. Ask the Pac Ten and Rose Bowl to do likewise.

5. Natural grass only fields.

6. No players available to the media...only coaches.

7. PR campaign with a deep emphasis on the tradition and history of the league.

8. Get the Big Ten Network on cable...somehow.

9. Refuse to run with the national theme of crowning a national champion.

10. Petition the NCAA to elminate the 12th game.

There's 10 for now.

themush 10-07-2007 02:41 PM

Last nights UF score. :(

Seriously though, a playoff system of some sort.

buckeyefan78 10-07-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themush (Post 257912)
Last nights UF score. :(

Seriously though, a playoff system of some sort.

I want the UF score changed too mush.

LSU 55 Florida 0

But I'll take this one. :P

Playoffs?

2 in the L column and you don't think Meyer has it in him to lie his way in this year?

C'mon mush...this guy is a professional!

HibachiDG 10-07-2007 03:42 PM

For #8, buckeye, I think it will happen after one basketball season. I think the BTN is going to hurt the recruiting for the Big Ten if things were to stay as is. They are losing a lot of exposure right now and I think it will be magnified for basketball. ESPN will replace a lot of Big Ten games with games from other conferences and those without the BTN, the majority of folks right now, won't get to see those games. This could have some influence on recruiting.

Richard the Lionheart 10-08-2007 04:24 PM

In football, it's especially going to KILL the lower/mid tier Big Ten schools, which is bad news for the strength of the conference as a whole. OSU, Mich, and Wisconsin all still get a ton of exposure.

buckeyefan78 10-08-2007 07:40 PM

10 more if I were in charge of the NCAA and not just the Big Ten. Most of these (like my first ten) are simply going back to old ways of doing things.

1. Eliminate OT and go back to ties.
2. CAP the # of bowl games sanctioned (remember, not run by the NCAA).
3. Ban all post-regular season games after Jan 1st.
4. CAP the # of teams per conference at 10.
5. Encourage conference individuality and regionalization in whatever way possible. Shun national homogenization (esp. in the media) at all cost.
6. Disband the BCS.
7. Ban post-season alliances that involve more than 2 conferences. Essentially ban any conference from forming a future BCS (meaning the SEC). If they try to do so...ban them from the NCAA.
8. Ban coaches/any NCAA member institution official from voting in polls. This nonsense went from a fun sideshow to a freakshow with the almighty $ being sought at all cost.
9. Ban games from being played on Friday nights...PERIOD. Strongly discourage games from being played on any other day aside from Saturday.
10. Push the kickoff forward to the 40 yard line.
11. Require all players to learn alma maters and traditions of their respective schools.

Ok...there's 11 more for now. I'm sure more will come up later.

da12ken 10-09-2007 01:46 AM

Umm, back to basics with bowl alignments? At least now the Rose Bowl will always be after, you know, the Rose Parade. I shall rue the day when there's a Big East-SEC matchup in Pasadena.

bama4256 10-09-2007 11:27 AM

Yeah I hate those neutral sites.

themush 11-03-2007 02:06 PM

5:50 left in the 1st quarter of the UF/Vandy game and already 3 booth reviews. And they say they want to speed the game up? They have to adopt the NFL format if they want to keep replay.

Dano 11-03-2007 11:11 PM

Naked twister at halftime of all home Gator games by Sue and her pals. If that can't happen, I'll say change the kick-off back to where it use to be. Seen to many times bonehead mistakes on the kick-off decides the game. Someone going to get hurt bad if this continues if not killed.

philabramoff 11-05-2007 05:53 PM

Things I'd like changed about college football:

1. Sudden death OT.
2. Throw Penn State out of the Big Ten, so they can be
the Big TEN again.
3. Each team plays 12 games. 3 Non-conference, 9 conference
(for those teams in a conference).
4. Teams that get Bowl bids get the 13th Game. Put the Bowls
back to what they've all traditionally been. Play these games
during the week around New Years.
5. Bowl Week is followed by a 16-team playoff, to determine
the national champion. Play the college National Championship
on that Saturday on the "off" weekend before the Super Bowl.

bama4256 11-06-2007 11:11 AM

Make Joe Paterno and Bowden retire like normal people.

Ross 11-11-2007 06:22 PM

-Cap the number of bowl games at about 20.
-No non-conference games after the first Saturday of October with the exception of traditional rivalries (ie S. Carolina-Clemson, UGA-GT, UF-FSU)
-Kill the whole 'booth review' concept and go to a more NFL-like system.
-Eliminate conference championship games when they result in rematches.
-Change OT so it's not so much of a tennis match (or, God forbid, go back to being able to play to a draw)