View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 09:29 AM   #36
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

I don't know, it is not as though the Reds were scoring a ton of runs with Dunn in their lineup to begin with. He is going to a similar situation in Arizona in terms of what they have to put around him. He is also in the middle of a horrid slump right now hitting just .139 for August. It is almost as though he gave up after he found out he was still in Cincy after July 31. If they get the Dunn who hit .310 with 12 homers in July then great move but if they get the Dunn who hit .161 with 6 homers in June then not so good. Dunn has never been terribly consistent so it could go either way for the D-Backs and I don't believe he has ever played a significant game in the month of September during his entire career in Cincy so it remains to be seen how well he handles that whole atmosphere.

The Dodgers still hold the edge because a motivated and healthy Manny is as good as there is in baseball and we already know he can deliver in the postseason. That is not even to mention nabbing Casey Blake who has given the offense a bit of a boost and has playoff experience as well.

It is also going to be interesting to see how the Rays fare now that both Carl Crawford and Evan Longoria are on the DL.
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!