View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 03:14 PM   #11
doublee
Sports Virtuoso

doublee will become famous soon enoughdoublee will become famous soon enough

The only 'huge' game he had was against Denver in the Conference Championship game. The question there would be how much of that was a result of Denver having one of the worst pass defenses in the league that year?

He had a good game against the Bengals in the Wild Card round but they only asked him to throw the ball 19 times. He was good in the Divisional game against the Colts but he only threw for 197 yards on 24 attempts.

The reason Roethlisberger gets that 'game manager' tag is because more times than not when you ask him to throw 30 times or more in a game the Steelers end up losing. He is 11-14 in the 25 games he has had to throw 30+ times in his career and he is 40-8 in games where he throws less than 30 passes a game. Of his 69 career INTs 41 have come in the games when he threw more than 30 passes. He has just 35 TDs in the games where he has thrown 30+ passes and 66 in the other games.

Roethlisberger has had 29 games where he rated out at 100.0 or better and only 2 of those have come when he threw the ball 30 or more times.

He is 4-8 with 17 TDs and 26 picks in the 12 games where he has thrown the ball 35+ times.

Ultimately, based on the numbers, a strong argument can be made for the case that Roethlisberger needs a strong running game to succeed and is not one of those quarterbacks that you roll out there and feel confident he is going to win games on his own for you.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...Be00_games.htm
You SU-DIDDILY-UCK Flanders!!
doublee is offline   Reply With Quote