Thread: Let it slide...
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 01:01 AM   #2
KevinBeane
Sports Virtuoso

KevinBeane is on a distinguished road

Ellis, I don't think you read other boards much. Check out the ESPN boards, where it's nothing but the great fights that you talk about. See if any quality remains.

It may not seem like it to you, but the reason this is a high quality boards is because we have a low level of tolerance for crap.

Ripping apart spammers is pointless, because 99% of them never come back (you may be surprised to learn that although we delete their posts, we don't ban the spammer unless he's a serious repeat offender.) All they are interested in are generating traffic and hits for their website, and making a post is supposed to generate that. They don't give a dam about the thread itself, so you might as well rip the wind to shreds.

My suggestion, Ellis, is that you come here when you want quality conversation, and check out the Yahoo or ESPN boards if you are just in the mood to sit back and enjoy some smack-talk. Because the way we run things isn't going to change if I have anything to say about it. It may not seem like it, but it's the reason we have a superior board.

"I believe in [a] God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." -Albert Einstein