View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 01:13 PM   #10284
suedon1970
Sports Chick

suedon1970 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Allow me to rephrase my comments. Pulp Fiction doesn't suck (it is a decent movie), but it also doesn't deserve the heaps of praise it receives, either.

It's a fun, character-driven film that wastes too much time on those less interesting (John Travolta and Uma Thurman, mainly). Also, for a character study, it needed to have better dialogue than what Tarantino was able to deliver.
I was only half-teasing. I enjoyed Pulp Fiction but the Kill Bill movies are absolute works of art, IMO. Any movie with Michael Madsen in it is okay by me. (loved him in Thelma & Louise, too):thumbup: .....

Quote:
You should also check out Giamatti in American Splendor, if you haven't seen it.
I haven't seen American Splendor, but Giamatti is a superb actor. He even takes a tiny bit part like he had in My Best Friend's Wedding and shines. IMO he was robbed of an Oscar nomination for Sideways

Quote:
Real quick, my current top-ten working actors/actresses and there best roles to date:

Cate Blanchett - Elizabeth
Morgan Freeman - The Shawshank Redemption
Paul Giamatti - Sideways
Tom Hanks - Forrest Gump
Bill Murray - Groundhog Day
Jack Nicholson - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Edward Norton - American History X
Kevin Spacey - American Beauty
Hilary Swank - Boy's Don't Cry
Charlize Theron - Monster

Agree with your first three on the list (talk about highway robbery: Cate Blanchett should've won the Oscar for Best Actress for her performance in Elizabeth instead of Gwyneth Paltrow for Shakespeare in Love)

Morgan Freeman is my absolute favorite actor.....