View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #6
Ellis
gymnopedist

Ellis has a spectacular aura aboutEllis has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard the Lionheart View Post
I can't wait for other people to respond, so I'll begin my commentary now:

*If the west was not already dead (it probably was), this video officially finishes it off. We are officially living in a meaningless world.

*There are way too many people in college. We need an infusion of trade-schools and more high schoolers going straight into the work force, where they will still be able to play beer pong, except they will get to be in a nicer appartment and not have to drop one-hundred thousand dollars.

*I've never been a censorship guy, but our media/ pop culture is pure poison. I've gotten to the point where I would love to just see a U.S. administration completely ban television. Television is the biggest limitation on independent (or free) thought in the world today.

*Uh, when it comes to condom, never put two on...
There is still hope at some schools. When I went down to Stanford and U. of Chicago this year, there wasn't a party/shallow attitude. I know that CMU is the same way.

But what are you going to do? TV is garbage, but it has more to do with the culture. You're not going to change it.

Like the W.B. Yeats poem (ironically about drinking), I look at you and I sigh. Not much more you can do. The only thing you can really do is seclude yourself, but that certainly takes a toll.

Idk... there's no way to stop it.
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote