View Single Post
Old 07-03-2006, 07:53 PM   #3
Tarkus
The Thread Stalker

Tarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura aboutTarkus has a spectacular aura about

Good points...

If Wallace was to leave, it would change the Pistons identity completely. You're right that Rasheed probably wouldn't be up to it. He's too comfortable on the wing & doesn't consistently step up in my eyes either. McDyess would wear thin by playoff time so it would be more than a serious blow to the Pistons place in the Central...

Good point on Chandler with the Bulls. Their lack of defensive presence had allowed Chandler to milk the Bulls but an arrival by Wallace would cancel that ride. I'm also excited to see Tyrus Thomas on the floor. Project or not, this kid could turn into somethin' special...

I think the Lakers are taking a risk with Vladi also. PJ's triangle will benefit from his presence but you're right...they definitely needed some under the basket support from their front line. Good comparison to a Brian Cook with a better jumper...

Good move is right by the Clipps with the addition of Thomas but I've never liked his up & down performance especially in the crunch. It aught to be an interesting transition from Vladi to Thomas...

lol @ Speedy Claxton. They're cornering the market, aren't they?

Overpaying for Peja may have been a necessary evil to help the Hornets climb up the ladder. A lotta cash but I think they'll get some decent return on him....until like you said....come playoff time.

Nene? That one is just baffling to me. Desperate must be exactly the word to describe handing out that kind of insane cash...